Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Need Help - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Need Help (856 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help by mediawimax: 5:29am On Oct 04, 2007
I'm new to this site. Though I got here out of my curiosity in WIMAX and what obtains in Nigeria in the communication world. In actual fact, I reside in the US and was home very recently. My area of interest is to provide cheap cell phone rate as well as internet for all. What are my limitations and where is my best place to start?
Re: Need Help by brume2020: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2007
mediawimax,

I am by no means an expert on this issue but AFAIK the Nigerian market has tremenduous growth opportunities for any organization with deep pockets that is looking to invest into offering broadband internet (Wimax, EVDO, watchamcallit) and/or mobile wireless phone service nationwide.

Since the market was deregulated there are many participants currently operating in this space (or getting ready to jump in). I would imagine that a couple of major challenges you may face are :-

1. Your ability to secure a license to transmit communication signals in your desired frequency - it may be taken already.
2. Cash (The #1 show stopper). You need piles of cash to purchase/deploy all that nice equipment (base stations, etc).

This is just my 2 cents based on my limited appreciation of the current market dynamics/underpinnings of the Nigerian telecommunications services landscape- I defer more authoritative comments to others who are more in the know.

Where to start?. I don't have a specific answer to that. You may want to contact the Nigerian Communications Commision (www.ncc.gov.ng) forr specfic information on regulations, etc.

easy,

brume

(1) (Reply)

U.s Fairly Used Laptop For Sale / Vsat Home Solution / Xbox 360 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.