Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role (2778 Views)

Actress Turned Evangelist Eucharia Anunobi And Her Big Bible Take A Photo / Actress Eucharia Anunobi's White Outfit To Tinsel Charity Ball:Hit Or Miss?(pics / Eucharia Anunobi Preaching & Praying In Senegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by anonymous6(f): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2011
Isn't she supposed to be an actress?
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by anonymous6(f): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2011
afam4eva:

Isn't she supposed to be an actress?

she is but playing a lesbian went against her principles or beliefs. She is not the first actress to turn down a role because of something they don't like; Hollywood actress Natalie Portman & Angela Basset are examples of that.
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by Afam4eva(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
anonymous6:

she is but playing a lesbian went against her principles or beliefs. She is not the first actress to turn down a role because of something they don't like; Hollywood actress Natalie Portman & Angela Basset are examples of that.

So, what about all the ashewo roles that she's been taking. Is she an ashewo real life? Buncha hypocrites.
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by anonymous6(f): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2011
afam4eva:

So, what about all the ashewo roles that she's been taking. Is she an ashewo real life? Buncha hypocrites.

well you have a point but I guess playing a ashewo role doesn't have so much of a stigma to a nollywood actress as opposed to playing a lesbian role, especially since Nigerian society doesn't agree with that life style(gay/lesbian) and will eventually be banned by the Nigerian Government eventually
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
anonymous6:

well you have a point but I guess playing a ashewo role doesn't have so much of a stigma as opposed to playing a lesbian role, especially since Nigerian society doesn't agree with that life style and will eventually be banned by the Nigerian Government eventually

So, Nigeria agrees with ashewo lifestyle? I'm hearing this for the first time. What about playing an armed robber or a ritualist in movies.
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by anonymous6(f): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2011
afam4eva:

So, Nigeria agrees with ashewo lifestyle? I'm hearing this for the first time. What about playing an armed robber or a ritualist in movies.

No, Nigeria doesn't agree with ashewo & armed robber lifestyle but they know it exist in Nigeria and are able to accept & come to terms with that reality(but they do show they don't tolerate that behavior when caught, especially with robbers) but when it comes to lesbians and gays not only do Nigerians don't agree with it(which is fine) but they don't even want that life style embraced in their society or even existing in their society.
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by handsomdp: 4:26am On Dec 30, 2011
If it is a normal role it is but lesbianism u most kiss a lady. Aghh she is now born again oh
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by anonymous6(f): 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2011
handsomdp:

If it is a normal role it is but lesbianism u most kiss a lady. Aghh she is now born again oh

I guess so
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by Crownvilla(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2011
Is it just me or does she look like Queen Latifah?
Re: Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi Talks About Turning Down A Lesbian Role by anonymous6(f): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2011
Crownvilla:

Is it just me or does she look like Queen Latifah?

OMG, lol

(1) (Reply)

Stella Damasus And The Orphanage Business / Pete Edochie Visits Holy Family Catholic Church, Ikom - CRS / Vj Adams Of Soundcity And Chidima Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.