Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Genotype Conflict - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Conflict (1260 Views)

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' / Please Explain What Genotype AC Is / Can Two People With AS Genotype Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genotype Conflict by stevoddy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hello House, need an urgent response on the issue explained below.

I have a girl that I planned to marry but genotype test result blurred the dream of being together. What I'm saying is that recently after the agreement of two couple to be , they went for their genotype test, and the result shows that both of them are AS which means that if they insist, their is tendency of producing a sickle seller which they are avoiding and the love is now so deep that they don't know how to quit the relatioship. Now the question is what should the guy do?
And to the girl, what should she do?
to go on with life because leaving eachother now is like a hell.
Re: Genotype Conflict by tammyT: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2007
My brother, I can only imagine what you both are going through. My heart goes out to you, but my dear it is better late than never its a good thing that you guys found out now. Yes I know that you both may eventually not have a sickle cell child if you decide to get married, but the chances that you will are 9 out of 10.

I can confidently tell you from observing other peoples experiences that it is more than hell bringing up a sicklecell child, going through the different phases with the child, fearing everyday that you will lose the child and at the same time hoping for a miracle. The whole situation is more than frustrating and usually affects the the relationship between the couple involved no matter how close to God you are (and i bet you both are).

You can both do some reseach on the disease in Nigeria and find out all u can about it and its sufferes I'm sure it will help you both in coming to a decision. My advise is end it now, it is going to be extremely difficult I know but at the end of the day it's going to be the wisest decision you'll make. I think you should post this in the 'can we pray toghether' thread in the religion section so that people who are willing to pray for you put you both in their prayers. You yourselves pray about it because believe it or not, prayer is the key and solution to every problem. You are both in my prayers.
Re: Genotype Conflict by sagacious(f): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2007
I will like to add this, if a woman with negative rhesus factor hook a woman with positive rhesus factor , what can be the effect of this ? and the solution to the problem ?
Re: Genotype Conflict by Aiphie(f): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2007
sagacious:

I will like to add this, if a woman with negative rhesus factor hook a woman with positive rhesus factor , what can be the effect of this ? and the solution to the problem ?

What are you talking
Re: Genotype Conflict by mellow(m): 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2007
sagacious:

if a man with negative rhesus factor hook a woman with positive rhesus factor you mean?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Genotype Conflict by Bay1970(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2007
They can still marry, it is heartbreaking. I once gone through it and marry my AS wife, we have two wonderful AA children. They will be doing CVS with every pregnancy to check the baby at 10wks with opt to abort if the baby come out SS.
Re: Genotype Conflict by Pappyjesby(m): 5:29am On Nov 04, 2007
The proposed couple should think very well before taking the decision. This is a matter that has to do with your life.
The husband to be (AS) the wife to be (AS), according to the law of genetics, one out of every four children will be a
sickler (i.e a sickle celler). And this is a big problem. I will therefore advice you to call it a quit, it's better to suffer the pain now than allowing the illusion of so called love to tease you into this life problem.

Because when the problem starts, what you are refering to as love now will be shaken and you may not even have enough psychological strength and muscle to shoulder the resposibility. You cant just withstand it, seeing your baby
languishing in such an excruciating pain, you will hate the situation. So that you will not start to be blaiming each other
it is the best now to think twice before taking the decision and it is such a wise decision to quit the relationship based on these genotypical findings. (Need more advise on this? You can e - mail me; tunajis@hotmail.com).
Re: Genotype Conflict by anney(f): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2007
@poster
i feel for u !i once had d same pains believe me even up to dis moment i have not find somebody like him smiley .things do happen if wen we never expect it.i will advice u to call it quit for d sake of ur children since u both know u are AS,abi what is d essence of a marriage without happy children around u? it could even break ur home .just think about it very well though miracle do happen but never test God. cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Tampons Vs Sanitary Pads / Assisting Old People / Detoxifying Cleansing Footbath For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.