Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms (1083 Views)

Chain Link Fencing & Barb Wire Company / Flock, Google Chrome, Lime Wire, Avast Anti Virus / Using Lime Wire With Starcomms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by soulonfire(f): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2007
hullo, i use limewire n u cant imagine how much fun im havin - thoh i suspect i aint getin the true fun outof it yet wink

I also use starcomms for conectn and its waow!!

U have to set options for the lime to conect. get the lime wire port ad from the advanced options - i tink its 8080 or so, pls confirm. before this,

Go to networks-> view all connection/network->Ryt clik ur Starcoms icon -> properties-> at advanced tab-> windows firewall-> setings -> exceptions tab-> enable limewire, (IF THIS AINT THERE YET, GO TO ADD PROGRAM -> BROWSE C\: PROGRAM FILES\ to SEARCH4LIMEWIRE.EXE-> CLIK OK N CLOSE THE BOX. This adds limewire.exe to exceptions so conections from this is not barred.

Pls lemme know if this doesnt work. Cos it mins ull have to add gnutella explicitly. gnutella is the technology, limeuses to conect to other networks. Also u can download the help manual from the limewire site.

I use limewire 4.14.8,

I'm sorry about the layout, had to rushtype wink
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2007
Even Girls these days, hmmm shocked shocked cool
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by soulonfire(f): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2007
@Ralvy, scuse me? dont feel ya there.
also, have u found a cure for the allien anti.exe?
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2007
soulonfire:

@Ralvy, scuse me? don't feel ya there.

Lol, I dnt need tu find a cure . . .I dnt use antiviruses . . I just install 4 ppl . .
Make the Virus come meet me, him never JAM cool
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by soulonfire(f): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2007
u dont use anti virus, then wot do u use, i min how come?
lol. I'm curios really, even linux plats users nid an antivirus dont dey?

Im really curios. email burning4more247@yahoo.com
thanx
holla
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2007
well. . well. . .
Viruses pose minor threats to us Computer users, I can manually remove this viruses using warez like process explorer to locate where the virus files are stored. .

A normal virus will disable minor things like folder options, registry editing, and a few other things which you can get back.
Some other viruses go as far as plotting back door trojans and some other bull shit or rather affect the your Master boot record. . which I still think is some minor threat.

The only virus that I can say gave me a headace was brontok.E (just .E) and maybe the Sasser worms which I doubt anyone has experienced here, cz y'all use antis ryt? These viruses are small software programs that are designed to spread from one computer to another and to interfere with computer operation. Some viruses might corrupt or delete data on your computer, use your e-mail program to spread itself to other computers, or even erase everything on your hard disk.

But if you're a careful Computer user who observes changes, you will never experience these things.
I use pen drives that are infected, but ma PC dosnt contract these threats due to some policies I have set on ma PC

soulonfire:

even linux plats users nid an antivirus don't dey?

yh! Linux platform users might decide to use anti viruses, but that's just for system stability.

any more q?s
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by nuttyproff(m): 11:26pm On Oct 13, 2007
soulonfire:

@Ralvy, scuse me? don't feel ya there.
[/color]try kaspersky, it's a russian anti virus and it's good

Ralvy:

Lol, I dnt need tu find a cure . . .I dnt use antiviruses . . I just install 4 people . .
Make the Virus come meet me, him never JAM cool
[color=#550000]
are you that good or all talk and no shine?
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2007
nuttyproff:

are you that good or all talk and no shine?

Well . . . whether u know I'm Good or not, I do not see the effect that has on my life.
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by McOmo(m): 12:00am On Oct 15, 2007
Ralvy . . stop dis arrogant yarns jare !
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by Ralvy(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2007
mc omo . . . u shld know me better that that. . angry
I dnt hv such time, I cant come on a public forum to argue with sum' Guy over non-sense.
I'm way better than that!
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by soulonfire(f): 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2007
@mc omo, thanx bro, apreciate. But i prefer avast to kapersky n node32 to kapasky as well. but thanx too. I dont have virus ataks and to correct Ralvy, R/BRONTOK . woteva is a WORM and not a virus, anyhow wether virus or worm i stilll feel him. Plz ralvy cld u tell me how do u use the explrer to fish out the virus on ur sys, ofcos havn noticd a change in sys perf or obsevd smtin.

Also, e pele ooo, eyin computer users!!! lolol
Re: Re: Using Lime Wire With Starcomms by sammiee: 12:07am On Oct 19, 2007
lovly thread soulonfire.girls could be hot also!!! dearie stil got problems with my limewire.downloaded from limewire.com, insatlled it but not running each time i click on the icon.pls help.thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

Remove Drm From Itunes With Tuneclone Virtual Cd Burner / Cant View My Cpu On My Lcd / Video Download From Youtube.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.