Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? (7824 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? / I’m Sure, Igbo Are Descendants Of The Jews -noam Katz, Israeli Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by doncnn(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2007
i beliv that igbo are the lost tribes of isreal, eri and aro
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by BlackMamba(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2007
My Igbo, which BTW is core Igbo, has no conceivable connection past, present or future with Jews. Please don't get it twisted.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2007
Inside Moslem's killing guidelines(Koran), Mr Mohamed told them to kill they Jews and Unbelievers.
IBO people make Una dey careful!!!, make Una dey watchful, because Islamic suicide bomber no dey like hear any thing Jewish.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by doncnn(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2007
go and read abt it, the fact remains that only the igbos hav the traditions like the jews, when some isrealis came to agukwu-nri and arochukwu, they were surprised to see that some of their traditions were been practised by this tribe,
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2007
:d
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by ow11(m): 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2007
SO now u have proved it what next?

maybe you guys should rally flight tickets and jump onto the next flight to Tel Aviv! grin

OR

stop the delusion. Its pitiful
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by tox22: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2007
igbos are not jews please, jews are igbos it all started in africa. be proud not brain washed.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by londoner: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2007
Dont people know that there are Black Jews?, Why do people associate Jewish with being caucasion, that is a gross misunderstanding.

I don't think it means that all Igbos have Jewish ancestry, they are no means the only Africans to claim Jewish links, the Lemba tribe also mad such claims which because of how they look, were continually ignored as false, until they had DNA testing which revealed that some of their number (the Buba clan) had migrated from Sena in the Middle East and indeed have Jewish ancestry. I think instead of debating, someone should conduct a DNA study.

At the end of the day, we are Igbo and Nigerian full stop, but should we not also find out about our migratory origins, whatever they may be?

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by grafikdon: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
BlackMamba:

My Igbo, which BTW is core Igbo, has no conceivable connection past, present or future with Jews. Please don't get it twisted.

Here we go again. CORE IGBO? So the rest are fake Igbo? Isn't this another 'Osu' concept in the making? I taya for you people o.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by echelon(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2007
grafikdon:

Here we go again. CORE IGBO? So the rest are fake Igbo? Isn't this another 'Osu' concept in the making? I taya for you people o.

Good point. Maybe the rest will be called PERIPHERAL Igbo
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by ifyalways(f): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2007
hising,shaking head and passing solemly
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by younghoodi(m): 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2007
why yall hate been black,u guys look and talk the same as other tribes in naija but yall claim to be jews oh haba.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by ow11(m): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2007
londoner:

Dont people know that there are Black Jews?, Why do people associate Jewish with being caucasion, that is a gross misunderstanding.

I don't think it means that all Igbos have Jewish ancestry, they are no means the only Africans to claim Jewish links, the Lemba tribe also mad such claims which because of how they look, were continually ignored as false, until they had DNA testing which revealed that some of their number (the Buba clan) had migrated from Sena in the Middle East and indeed have Jewish ancestry. I think instead of debating, someone should conduct a DNA study.

At the end of the day, we are Igbo and Nigerian full stop, but should we not also find out about our migratory origins, whatever they may be?

Finally, someone saying sth reasonable. I think one of these Jewish wanna-bes should take a cheek swab to verify his/her semitic origins before blabbing trash on NL
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by naijadiva2(f): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2007
who cares if we came from isreal or whatever, we are still black and that's it.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by nnenneigbo(f): 2:14am On Oct 28, 2007
na wahoooo, what has igbo's maybe being jewish got to do with them not being black or about osu. fiakwa
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by chiogo(f): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2007
I don't think am any jew, am just Igbo.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by ghettochyk(f): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2007
I aint Jewish, I'm Christian. tongue
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by Betty605: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2007
I DONT GET!!!!! undecided, WAT IS DIS ABOUT!!!!! OKAY WAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS
HU CARES?,
undecided
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by shawn123: 8:15am On Nov 23, 2007
WILLY WILLY The words that come out of your mouth sounds like your name. wILLLLLLYYYYYYY hope u know what that means. For your information ADOLPHE HITLET killed the most jews ever and he is a CHRISTIAN. He exact words ' i have come to continue from out Lord Jesus christ stopped' . So the next time you want to talk about killing bla bla bla, learn your history, grin
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by titosantin(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2007
Which igbos are jews?, igbos are rebels, treason minded tribe.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by bookruman(m): 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2007
Titosantin, You are an Igbo hater!! You must be jealous of the great Igbo tribe, You wish you were Igbo. Your comment have nothing to do with the topic. If you do not have anything to say, just read others' comments and shut ur damn mouth!
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by bookruman(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2007
Titosantin, Titosantin MUST be banned from Nairaland for violating the rule, "hateful comment against any race or people, His comment: "Igbos are rebels and treason minded tribe" is a hateful comment that must be dealt with.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by redsun(m): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2007
To some extent it is true,because the ibos are very shrewd and industrious just like the jews.But for blind goverments in nigeria,igbo land will be the japan of africa.Sometimes i begin to appreciate the vision of Emeka Ojukwu,he was ahead of his time.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by FufuKing1(m): 8:21am On Nov 26, 2007
Why does every African tribe aspire to be Jewish or have Jewish origins? Stop the nonsense. Please!
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by willy4: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2007
shawn123:

WILLY WILLY The words that come out of your mouth sounds like your name. wILLLLLLYYYYYYY hope u know what that means. For your information ADOLPHE HITLET killed the most jews ever and he is a CHRISTIAN. He exact words ' i have come to continue from out Lord Jesus christ stopped' . So the next time you want to talk about killing bla bla bla, learn your history,  grin
Shawn123,
I have seen your one of those sect, that believes any body except from your group are infidels. I don't know much of Histoy but please untie your suicide-belt i don't want to die now, I'm neither a Jew nor JewishIBO,. Am only alerting them to be watchful and of the danger they will be facing, because Islam don't like anything Jewish, before the worshippers of the Moon start sending Suicide killers to them.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by redsun(m): 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
A jew is a symbol struggle against international and local persecution, bad leadership,racism,injustice,slavery,jealousy and unwarranted prejudices,but for palistine, blackman can identify with that.In the case of christ,people love christ him today because they believe his is jewish,he came with a message of consolation and spiritual power for the oppressed jews at the time of roman occupation of their land, a change from the old to new.It is not just the physical jew,but mental and spiritual jew,transformation in the face of persecution.I love the jews for their tenacity and intelligence,that is what people like hitler hates and dreads.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by redsun(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2007
The son of abraham,isaac and jacob,what christians profess everyday,all jewish historical figures,myth or not,yet they hate the jews.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by davidif: 4:36am On Dec 31, 2007
Igbos are jews

sheaaaaaaah riiiiiiight ha ha ha. grin grin grin grin

If Igbos are Jews, then i am white he he he.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by Iman3(m): 4:37am On Dec 31, 2007
Na wetin inferiority complex dey cause. Many Africans want to claim a link to a place outside Africa
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by EloSela(f): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
In Olaudah Equiano's autobiography he described life in 16th century Igbo village and many of the cultural aspects and the way things were done closely resembled the Jewish way of life.

Here is a brief extract from his book:

"We practiced circumcision like the Jews, and made offerings and feasts on that occasion in the same manner as they did. Like them also, our children were named from some event, some circumstance, or fancied foreboding at the time of their birth, we had many purifications a nd washings; indeed almost as many, and used on the same occasions, if my recollection does not fail me, as the Jews"

I also heard that during the Nigerian civil war, the Jew's in Israel sent aid and arms to the Igbos.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by CALIBOY(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2008
IF YOU BELIEVE IN CREATION AND NOT EVOLUTION, YOU WOULD DEFINITELY AGREE WITH ME THAT WE ALL CAME FROM THE MIDDLE EAST WHICH IS THE BIRTH PLACE OF HUMANKIND, PROCEEDING FROM THE GARDEN OF EDEN WHICH WAS WATERED BY THE THE RIVER TIGRIS AND EUPHRATES MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE, IS IN TODAY`S IRAK IN THE MIDDLE EAST, NOT TO MENTION WHERE NOAH AND HIS FAMILY `S ARK SURFACED- ON MOUNT ARARAT, STILL IN THE MIDDLE EAST. HOW ABOUT THE GREAT ANCIENT CITY, BABYLON WHERE LANGUAGES WERE BORN AND THE GREAT EXODUS ALL BEGAN? THINK ABOUT IT!

MY CONCLUSION ON THIS REGARD GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT, WE ALL CAME FROM THE MIDDLE EAST TO AFRICA AND NOT VICE VERSA. BE YOU IGBO,YORUBA, IBIBIO, HAUSA, FULANI OHHH! WE`RE ALL GOD`S CREATION FROM SOMEWHERE UP THERE ( ISREAL, LIBANON, IRAN, TURKEY, IRAK, ETC. ) ACROSS THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA. APART FROM THE BIBLE, EVEN LEGEND AND ORAL TRADITION DOES ATTEST TO THIS VERY FACT.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BELIEVE IN MANKIND ORIGINATING FROM AFRICA, CHEW YOUR CUD A LITTLE BIT BEFORE YOU GET BRAINWASHED BY SOME LOCO SCIENTIST.
Re: Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? by smile4kenn(m): 3:22am On Feb 17, 2008
I am not a Jew Man, am a Game Man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Tosh In Nigeria / Brief History Of Ilesa And The Ijesa People / Yoruba Phenomenon Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.