Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,696 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? (1237 Views)

Do You Still Remember #throwbacktrack ‘yahooze’ By Olu Maintain? (watch) / Yahooze Crooner Olu Maintain Broke, Ejected From His Posh Ikeja Apartment For In / Dbanj Vs Yahooze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by pheesayor(m): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2007
The latest music craze in Nigeria now is YAHOOZE.

The interest that this song has generated is due to its theme, which tends to celebrate Internet fraud.

Internet fraud has done much harm to Nigeria as a nation, as most productive young men now spend quality time in cyber cafes, mainly perpetrating Internet scam.

They are called ‘Yahoo Boys,’ or ‘Yahoo, Yahoo.’

Oprah Winfrey’s unusual and condemnable conclusion that all Nigerians are fraudsters has a bearing on this phenomenon.

To now celebrate it via an LP is altogether unflattering for national image.

Is it not ironic that while our diplomats are out there trying to prove her wrong, we are celebrating the crime in the home front?

The excuse of these fraudsters is that they are retrieving what the colonialists stole from the continent centuries ago.

Nothing can be scarier than this.

Nigeria’s integrity has fallen to an all time low, and nobody wants to do business with Nigerians for fear of being ripped off.

When you search for the word ‘Nigeria’ on any search engine on the net, about a third of the results are related to fraudsters and 419.

This is a shame of unimaginable magnitude.

Thus, when artistes go about promoting this social ill, it has a way of giving approval to an absolutely illegal act.

I urge Nigerian artistes to desist from encouraging these unholy acts, as they risk being victims too.

What do y'all think?
Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by Raymond88(m): 1:17am On Oct 05, 2007
. . . and it's US aspiring businessmen that'll suffer! angry

1 Like

Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by pheesayor(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2007
cry
Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by pappilo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2007
owo n be lapo mi oh, dide ko ba mi jo

yahoozeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by pheesayor(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2007
@papillo, u be yahoo boi?
Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by uchetobi(f): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2007
who said yahoozy is yahoo yahoo?
Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by naira4doll(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2007
uchetobi:

who said yahoozy is yahoo yahoo?
even if it is not yahoo yahoo, that is the impression it gives, yahooo is envogue now and yahozee is like petrol in fire. Pls let's desist from these, it makes we honest business men suffer.

1 Like

Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by somze(f): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2007
There is nothing wrong with singing about a situation. Musicians should be given certain freedom to share happenings around them.

Its not a cause for alarm. What of those singing about money, sex and violence?

1 Like

Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by pheesayor(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2007
there's nothing wrong but it kinda encourages the act
Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by dvonne(f): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2007
I must admit i like the beats of the song and yes i feel bloody guilty when i sing it or dance to it,cos yahoo yahoo is robbing the( our) unborn children the gains of global economy.As for us may God help us.
It goes round doesn't it what we sow,we eventually reap.

1 Like

Re: Yahooze: Sanctioning The Abominable? by romeo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2007
what is wrong in singing about yahoo yahoo? they have movies about the Italian mafia and even books too and nobody is complaining!!! yahoooozeeeeee i love the song and i will continue loving it and the dance na die

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Da Koko Master Wins Mtv Award / Westlife Star A Gay / Whatz Up With Mirian Anazodo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.