Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb (3723 Views)

MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 1:15am On Oct 05, 2007
comparing mtn,glo and celtel gprs in terms of locatn of browsing,glo is da bomb.i am presently in Ijebu ode(gateway stadium)for a 4 days CLASFON programme.i took along with me my 3 sims{mtn,glo n celtel}i tried browsin with my mtn,but no data packet,i tried celtel same response,but d moment i inserted my glo line,come and see browsin.in fact am posting this thread with my glo line.GLO una 2 much 4 una gprs,abi glo don join 3G.Any where there is glo network u can just browse.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 1:30am On Oct 05, 2007
Omo 4get i browse with my celtel sim and i am in abeokuta celtel is da bomb.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2007
Any where there is glo network,u can browse there,but dat is not d case with celtel atleast 4 now.do u concur?
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by sect(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2007
Wait till celtel launch their gprs service then you will be convinced that its the best.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2007
@sect.i don't think even after celtel launches its gprs ending of this month they wont be able 2 beat glo gprs in terms of coverage.coverage is my emphasis ok
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2007
Though honsule you were right celtel is not in ijebu-ode. I went there to check it out myself and i confirmed it but when we moved closer to abeokuta damn that was when i knew that celtel was da bomb glo gprs was fucking slow while celtel was firing on. That is where i would agree with sect that celtel is da bomb.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by samir101ng(m): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2007
@honsule

ma guy, i went to abuja from gombe where i live (about 6 hrs journey) just to buy a glo line for their gprs service. their shit is da bomb. the level of technology deployed by glo is advanced. these people built their network with gprs as part of their programe unlike the other networks who added it later because they saw glo was making big bucks.

its also faster. if u dont believe me, try browsing with your nokia phone using the pc suite and check the number of packetd flying. also glo is deploying a 2.5G network, .5 is all that is remainig to become a 3G network.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2007
@samir101ng.u are feeling me.@Tope.u thought i was lying when i said that,there is no celtel gprs in Ijebu ode.not only celtel,but my mtn couldn't browse.am a down-to-earth guy.(sincere n honest)
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2007
@Honsule you can bet celtel is f**king fast and glo is super slow. Prove me wrong
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2007
@Tope.get me right.my main point is dat anywhere there is glo network u can just browse.read btw d lines ok.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2007
Ok i get it right now but celtel is faster.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by sect(m): 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2007
Since you are emphasizing on gprs network coverage,then the competition is between glo and mtn but in terms of gprs quality Celtel has been good so far.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2007
For once i agree with you sect.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by ogbon: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2007
please how long does it take glo to activate its gprs on a phone its over six months now i've been trying but nothing has happened, please i will appreciate it if you can help

thanks
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by samir101ng(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2007
@tope_teadr

i cant beleive that the celtel gprs is faster than glo. i mean common, when did celtel even start their gprs network. all these networks are just adding gprs now when they saw glo was making money. the fact that glo is a second national operator, has a dedicated fibre-optic backbone spread around the country, and deploying the only 2.5G network in Nigeria means that the people at glo were good thinkers and were anticipating future technology.

infact, a friend of mine recently hopped on to the mania of buying a blackberry. i convinced him to get one from glo and he has been smiling since. technology speaks for itself. celtel uptil now does not have a blackberry service which infact takes huge advantage and use of the gprs network.

and let the record state that am not just talking of the gprs on your phone, infact am connecting to the net thru my laptop courtesy of glo gprs and its faster than the yeye cafe i used to got to.

later.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2007
for Tope to acquiesced with Sect for once on this topic,guys,i think it calls for celebratn.in other words,i hereby declared d feud that existed hitherto btw d two parties settled.did i hear sb saying sth else contrary?
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2007
@sammy if you want to know which connection speed is faster take two phone's with line celtel & glo. Then try launching any wap page through opera or the phone browser. And give me the result on which is faster.
And glo don't use fibre optics they use free space optics. You know to start digging the ground and inserting cables into the soil, seems absurd when there is a better way.
And honsule i fill the groove of celebration flowing in through your body in and out. Thanks my man and stay blessed. If you go to the jokes section and read all my post's you would understand better.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by topeteadr(m): 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2007
@Ogbon the fastest way to activate ur gprs is by calling the customer care and start pouring words you know can make God bring his judgement upon you when you speak such words to a person. And make sure you threathen them ridicule them do all sort of things to them. And most important tell them to activate the gprs before you hang up or else on hang up you would throw their sim away ignore any thing they tell you, and give them a countdown at which they are expected to tender your needs or you would do justice to their sim card.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by lordaustin(m): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2007
Hello house, just went through this topic. please i hv been trying to get the configuration for the Glo gprs but i have always been told it will be sent to me without ever sending it (from the customer care service). can sombody pls tell me how to go about it?
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by Emeka71(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2007
pls how does glo charge 4 thier GPRS
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by samir101ng(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2007
@lordaustin

in order to get the glo mms and wap gprs settings on your phone send a text like this :-

example

nokia6600 to 927 for wap settings

nokia6600 to 667 for mms settings

there must be no space between your phone name and model number.

but for the line to be activated you need to call customer care on 121 and talk to the operator.
am in agreemnt with tope_teadr on this, o boy you have to really want this thing and tell them to activate your line. they will give you 72 hrs and will sent the settings to your phone. if the settings don't come try the above method. also try and have credit in the phone. enjoy

@Emeka 7

glo charges are based on the amount of data you download and not the time. i cant say specifically this is the price because everybody browses differently. also the
more you download things like ringtones, pictures and music the more they charge you because these files are large. check the glo website for more details on their
billing mehod.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by excel12(m): 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2007
But i learnt one can browse for free with GLO's GPRS.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2007
ask otwkins2 dat questn.ok
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2007
@lordaustin.after all d procedure given to u which are,if u need d manual glo configuratn tell me.cheers
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by kilabox: 3:43am On Oct 20, 2007
MTN IS THE BOMB
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by lordaustin(m): 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2007
samir101ng i followed the procedure you gave me but what is got was a message carrying the same information.

honsule pls i need the manual. tnx
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2007
@lordaustin.this is Glo manual setting.PROFILE NAME:Glogwap.BEARER:Gprs. IP:10.100.98.22 HOMEPAGE URL:Wap.gloworld.com. USERNAME/PASSWORD:Wap. APN:glogwap. PORT:3130.Hope ur phone is not LG phone.when i used to have LG U8180 i couldn't just browse with my phone.i later discovered frm their customer care dat LG Phones are not just compatible with glo gprs.i dont know as of now sha.cheers.do u need their mms setting too?
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by lordaustin(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2007
Thanks a lot honsule, I have always wanted this setting so that i could start browsing with my phone. I'll try it. I'll also need the MMS settings too
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by dapsins69(m): 7:11am On Oct 22, 2007
av tried getting the settings for both celtel and glo to no avail for almost 4mths naw. even after getting for glo. it still isnt browsing,
i don tire,
anyways big ups to HONSULE, dat guy dey try.
i just like the fact that you are ready to help evrybody onlike some people i know angry
dapoogunkola@yahoo.com
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by abohrandy: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ honsule,
i will be needing ur contact info
n that of the tope guy
randy@theabohs.com

well i will also need mms settings for glo
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ALL.i manually configured my roommate glo yesterday,he was very happy when he launch his glo gprs and he was able 2 browse.call their custody care and ask for activatn then use d manual config i gave.
Re: Glo Gprs Is Da Bomb by honsule(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2007
@Dapsins69:thanks for d compliment.@abohrandy:glo mms manual setting is viz: PROFILE NAME:Glomms. BEARER:Gprs. IP:10.100.82.4 HOMEPAGE URL:http//mms.gloworld.com/mmsc USERNAME/PASSWORD:mms.APN:glomms .cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg: Why I Wear The Same T-shirt Every Day / Do You Own A Blackberry Passport? Tell Us Why You Love It! / Whats Up With Glo And Whatsapp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.