Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,303 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet (2892 Views)

Peter Okoye Defends Kaffy Over Sexy Photos / Pclassic: Psquare’s Peter Okoye Starts New Record Label, Signs New Artists. / Moment Psquare Peter Okoye Fell Off The Stage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by shilling(f): 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
"U think u knw how 2 party? , , Try @Akon mennnn! Am off!"

I'm a huge fan, however this was sort of insensitive. Although I'm sure he didn't mean it like this, his timing was wrong.

I'm having trouble uploading the image, you'll have to go to the site to view it.
http://www.pearlle.com/2012/01/psquares-peter-okoyes-insensitive-tweet.html
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the kind of English grammar used on twitter?
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Outstrip(f): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
My sister it's not only you. Maybe we are just getting old-er grin
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2012
Lol, I guess so.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by shilling(f): 3:16am On Jan 04, 2012
stillwater:

Am I the only one that doesn't understand the kind of English grammar used on twitter?

Hahaha. But I get your point, twitter is really an excuse for bad grammar no thanks to the 140 characters limit
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 04, 2012
He's ridiculous, but he's not the only one. Duncan Mighty's tweet was 10 times worse. "Promo! Promo! Promo! Slap 1 person by your side N get 20 litters of fuel now,  Hurry! Offer last from 3 jan Till 30 jan, GOOD LUCK." I was shocked.

I wonder if they live under rocks. Tweeps literally had to scream on twitter to get the attention of Peter Okoye, Don Jazzy, and others. Ruggedman was tweeting about a magazine launch party. All of them are insensitive. Nigerians should carry forward with this movement. When it's all said and done, we'll definitely remember who wasn't there for us and the country when we needed them.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by shilling(f): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
Preach sista! You get my point.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Ivynwa(f): 8:05am On Jan 05, 2012
Make una forgive him o,
They(the twins) are still Babies you know
He tweeted in excitement.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2012
Babies ke? These are grown men in their 30s. Agbayas really. We have children, adolescents, and students on the streets. A 23 year old died in Ilorin. You shouldn't make excuses for foolishness.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Ivynwa(f): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2012
Happy New year Ogugua,
Some Celebs misyan from the corners of their mouth, it isn't everybody that has the humility to compose himself/herself in the face of fame. When some get carried away, we can't help but bear with them. Guess he got overwhelmed partying with Akon and a little bit of the excitement migrated to his head region----lol. I agree that that is a bit insensitive. Who is perfect kwanu?
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by philip0906(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2012
ironically,these guys have once tasted poverty
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
I can't see anything 'insensitive' about that tweet. Maybe overly exuberant, but hardly 'insensitive'. It's not like he tweeted in support of Boko Haram's Xmas day bombing or the subsidy removal thing. These 'celebs' make their fame and fortune by selling frivolity (dance, party, girls, yada yada). Frivolous is who/what they are - their very essence. You can direct your grievances at the appropriate people - not entertainers who became rich and famous through the lack of rectitude.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
The timing was insensitive. Trust. Nigerians on twitter at the time were angrily posting about protesting and the federal government. Imagine everyone's discussing Occupy Nigeria and then someone bursts into the room, "Akon can parry mehn!" That's what it was like. OP's not the only one saying it. That's why Peter tried to rectify the situation hours later by saying he feels the pain of Nigerians. To his defense, he may have tweeted from his phone. Nonetheless, it was awkward.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by slap1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
The tweet is a painful reminder of the class structure in our society. Maybe if they complained about the subsidy, someone will ask if they don't have the money to buy fuel at N1,000 per litre.
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by camegirl(f): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
P-Square is in the studio recording with Akon, off course they will be partying with him lol
Re: Psquare's Peter Okoye's Insensitive Tweet by babsjnr(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2012
Most celebrities are illiterate.

(1) (Reply)

Davido (o.b.o)'s New Ride! / Singer Madonna, 55, Shows Off Her Gold Grills / [DOWNLOAD]: Davido – Skelewu (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.