Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident (1712 Views)

Nigerian Girl Rocking Her Artificial Leg After An Accident - Pic / MFM Pastor Batters Wife Of 17 Years For Opting Out Of Marriage (photos) / Check Out Photos Of This Stylish Abuja Based MUM Of 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Eresi(f): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2005
After 6 months of marriage, the wife was travelling and was involved in an accident where she was the only survivor but is now crippled after losing her pregnancy? What would be the fate of the husband? The doctor has confirmed the woman is almost good for nothing - cannot eat, bath, stand or procreate. Will love continue?

I think this is where 'for better for worse' comes into play. The love would continue till death do them part, afterall that is what they professed during the wedding and the Bible has said that a man should not divorce his wife except (you know now editor: She means adultery) but that one is not applicable here.

So, the love continues.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Greatpeter(m): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2005
May be Seun will have to react to this very quickly. He might have another views.
May be court will nulify this too.

As for me whether he likes it or not the love continues with no hitch.

I am of the opinion of once you're married, no way out!
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Danasco(m): 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2005
Iam of the opinion that certainly the love MUST continue. Why abadon her in time of need?
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Seun(m): 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2005
Greatpeter, the courts cannot nullify a marriage based on any condition that occurs after the marriage. It is only what happens before the marriage(2) which your partner was not aware of that can lead to nulllification.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Greatpeter(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2005
Okay thanks. So this one has come to stay.
that's right.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by hotangel2(f): 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2005
Love should continue. I hope this didn't happen to anyone you know eresi.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Chxta(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2005
For better for worse...
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by jogego(m): 7:32am On Jul 14, 2005
easier said than done
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Greatpeter(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2005
True love is unconditional and it never fails.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by diakim(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2005
Let us all just pray that such or similar calamity does not befall use. This thing is easier said than done. The guy must really be a tough one to stick to his vow to the end, taking in considerations pressures from his family.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Vieira(m): 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2005
as a more cynical individual I believe at best he will stay married to her but end up with another wife.

human nature is very selfish.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by dablessed(f): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2005
Sad but love must stay!
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Motee(f): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2005
Yes o Dablessed.

May this never happen or happen again.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by legs(f): 11:46am On Sep 30, 2005
knowing the typical man, love will definitely jet right out of the window. it will amaze you at how adept humans can be whenever they are trying to justify an action poor woman whoever she is; cos her husband is gone-byebye.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by salako: 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2005
Just return her to her parents and ask for a refund or exchange.

There is a lesson here for people that don't have insurance?
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by vexxy(f): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2005
Return her to her parents? This na wa!

She no longer belongs to her parents. She is one with you. Take care of her, love her, be there for her. Don't just ditch her as if she's a materialistic thing that can be bought and returned if not to your liking. cry
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by salako: 6:24am On Oct 01, 2005
why not? when she is paraplegic what else must be done? a man needs a fully functioning wife, not a useless invalid. same as a woman! life may be cruel/real at times but it a part of life. we must all accept and deal with it. people that try to hang on just become resentful (and that's just unnecessary).
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by vexxy(f): 3:28am On Oct 02, 2005
Marriage vows are for better or for worse, sickness and in health, for richer or poorer till death do us part.

You said, "life may be cruel/real at times but it's a part of life. We must accept and deal with it." Is accepting and dealing with the fact that life is cruel and real shown by trading her in for another?

What if the same thing happens to the next one? That's not accepting and dealing, that's rejecting and side-stepping.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by salako: 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2005
vexxy:

Marriage vows are for better or for worse, sickness and in health, for richer or poorer till death do us part.

You said, "life may be cruel/real at times but it's a part of life. We must accept and deal with it." Is accepting and dealing with the fact that life is cruel and real shown by trading her in for another?

What if the same thing happens to the next one? That's not accepting and dealing, that's rejecting and side-stepping.

Your absolutely right. I was mocking (a bit) when i wrote the whole trading her in stuff.
In respect to the original question... Yes love will continue if there truly is love in the first place.

I am a skeptic when it comes to things like love, because it requires one to act on the bases that there is somebody equally as or more important as themselves.
To respect/'love' another person as one respects/'loves' oneself requires humility. I believe it is possible for man to possess enough humility to truly love, but the opposite or humility is vanity and that is a quality that is too abundant among men to justify the amount of people that declare love nowadays.

Love will continue (in regard to original question), but in most cases i thing people will find that love was never present in the first place.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by vexxy(f): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2005
ajsalako: Love will continue (in regard to original question), but in most cases i thing people will find that love was never present in the first place.

How unfortunate but so very true.

Thank you for such an honest post.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Motee(f): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2005
ajsalako:

why not? when she is paraplegic what else must be done? a man needs a fully functioning wife, not a useless invalid. same as a woman! life may be cruel/real at times but it a part of life. we must all accept and deal with it. people that try to hang on just become resentful (and that's just unnecessary).

This could be painful but where is your "...in sickness and in health, till death do us part" vow during the wedding
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Shadiat(f): 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2005
Love is a strong bond between the 2 of them..There is no doubt about that..LOVE must contiune..unless he married the babe for her looks..now thats a different story sha undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by uche777(f): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2005
Well everyone is saying "for better for worse"

but in the practical sense how many men will stick with her in this irreversible situation?

@jogego

easier said than done ,my brother,is not easy to implement.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Motee(f): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2005
I don't pray for this to happen in Jesus name because our answers are easier said than done.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by legs(f): 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2005
see what i said about a typical human reaction its here all the board!
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by victoria23(f): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2005
oh yes love most continue and then the man it's the time for the man to show his love if truly he love the woman and care for her and do maintain what he promised her at the alter that their love is for better for worse comes into play. The love would continue till death
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by icingbaby(f): 7:28am On Nov 19, 2005
the husand should love her no matter what, this is when she need him to stay with her, so love as much as she love you.
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by monister(f): 7:36am On Nov 19, 2005
what if the situation were reversed? Husband of 6 months crippled .. there is a professor in my school that experienced something similar he was hit by a car and sustained a spinal cord injury that has confined him to a wheel chair for the rest of his life ..  he's married but unable to have kids and he and his wife adopted 4 kids.. he also hair poor use of his hands as he lost most their dexterity and cannot even turn a key in a lock..... thats what a marriage and loving is about..

monister
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Alexia(f): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2005
I think the husband could stick around for a while because the beginning might be really tough for the wife, but after a while despite all the love he may have for her he'll begin to feel the need to move on and build a real family with children. With time it's gonna turn from love to pity and that's no better.

It's nice to say for better or for worse but should this guy's whole life just stop because of this unfortunate situation? Couldn't it be that somewhere his wife would actually want him to move on and not stick by her because he feels sorry for her?
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by monister(f): 12:54am On Nov 22, 2005
Alexia:

I think the husband could stick around for a while because the beginning might be really tough for the wife, but after a while despite all the love he may have for her he'll begin to feel the need to move on and build a real family with children. With time it's going to turn from love to pity and that's no better.

It's nice to say for better or for worse but should this guy's whole life just stop because of this unfortunate situation? Couldn't it be that somewhere his wife would actually want him to move on and not stick by her because he feels sorry for her?

why cant they adopt?... there are millions of orphanaged children in motherless babies homes all over nigeria.. children desperate for love.. why not adopt one of them? and if you really love the woman you married because she is unable to have kids should not make you love her less unless you married her for the sole purpose of her being a baby-making machine..this whole thing of nigerian men wanting kids of "their" own is highly overrated...

monister
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by eveseh(f): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2006
if he loves her,than let the love go on
Re: Wife of 6 Months Crippled by An Accident by Rhodalyn(f): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2006
love mst continue bt it's gonna be one very tough love! it's gonna be real hard!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokunbo Or New Clothes For Kids? / How Do I Lose 10kg In A Month / Inspiring Story Of Omotola Akinsola- MTN 50million Naira House Winner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.