Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,583 members, 7,850,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

Where Is The Nigerian Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Nigerian Church (488 Views)

Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / The Nigerian Church Is Losing Its Purpose - By Ayobami Oyalowo (A Must Read!!!!) / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2012
The Nigerian Church is supposed to be a body of believers, walking and following in the footsteps of Christ.

The Nigerian Church is supposed to be the light of the nation , reflecting Christ at every given opportunity.

The Nigerian Church is supposed to reach out to a dying and hurting nation, writhing in agony because of the inflicted damage by satanic forces.

My question is where is the Nigerian church

While hundreds are killed in the North - where is the church

When a famine is sweeping the land - where is the church

When the family struicture is collpasing - where is the church

When kidnapping and ritual murder are now a common thing - where is the church

When thousands are marching into an eternity of doom and gloom - where is the church

My thoughts

- The Nigerian Church is neck deep in fornication with the corrupt political elite
- The Nigerian Church is entertaining it's members and putting them into a Comatose.
- The Nigerian Church is busy learning new skills on how to be a better Dad, Mum, Husband,Wife etc, but not how to be a better disciple.
- The Nigerian Church is so caught up in the prosperity gospel that their light is almost totally out.
- The Nigerian Church is busy competing with a damned world for the hoarding of wealth and material assets
- The Nigerian Church is full of the cares and worries of this life

I could say more, but let me stop here.

Consider the following verses of scripture :

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men."-Matthew 5:13

"“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." - Matthew 5:14

Job 6:6 Is tasteless food eaten without salt, or is there flavor in the white of an egg?

Nigeria has no direction , no light and no clue and one major cause is the CHURCH.

With the exception of a REMNANT, the Nigerian Church is largely DEAD though it appears to live.

Solution :

Repent and turn back to God and he will do a new thing in the land.

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."- 2 Chronicles 7:14

Nigeria needs help and very fast.

Let us play our part.

Thanks.
Re: Where Is The Nigerian Church by God2man(m): 4:27am On Jan 08, 2012
@ frosbel, you are right sir, however, i still believe that there are few churches, very few, that are making things to be a little bit better for the country, the Nigerian situation would have been more terrible than the present situation, many thanks to the REMNANT.
Let's face it, Yes, we have been praying, the truth is that, we have failed in the ministry of intercession, it is now, ME and MY FAMILY. Nobody really cares about the affairs of the nation or what to do about christians in muslim states on how to assist them in prayer. We need to wake up from our spiritual slumber and gather together, call a solemn assembly, let us lift up holy hands and cry to God for mercy or else our children or the next generation will not forgive us, if we allow christianity to be swept away as a result of our laxity in the ministry of intercession. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Jihadists Murder Four Christians Who Were Fleeing The Violence / It Was Not The Will Of God For People To Leave Their Country For Another. / Manmuswac And Moderators , Stop Moving My Topic About Bibles In Bin Laden's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.