Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? (1181 Views)

Lagos To Go Tough On Tax Evaders Come April / National Assembly Currently Working On Tax For Phone & Pay TV Users / We All Should Talk Less & Be More Practical ~!!!...- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by ayorex(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
I have listen to most of our pastors encouraging their members to pay their tithes at all times. Some go as far as rebuking their church members for not been sincere with their tithes. I think it will be good for our pastors to equally canvas their members to pay their tax as at when due. Lots of us don't even see it as a responsibility to their nation. If all of us can pay our tax as at when due, we can make a little change.
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by stagger: 8:07am On Jan 09, 2012
Are pastors now tax collectors or tax consultants? What is the FIRS and National Orientation Agency for?
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by cbainfo: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
most normal people may not be inspired to pay tax if all the news we here are of public servants embessling public funds and there is little evidence that govts(federal, state & local) making efforts to tackle corruption.
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by cordj2: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Even Christ paid tax, but our pastors greed will never permit them to pay a kobo
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
cordj2:

Even Christ paid tax, but our pastors greed will never permit them to pay a kobo

I am sure you are not being forced to pay the Tithe, nor a gun put to your head to pay it . . . . no need for the name calling, Tithe is a freewill thing and a pastor that wants your progress will encourage you to pay it.
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by cordj2: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I am sure you are not being forced to pay the Tithe, nor a gun put to your head to pay it . . . . no need for the name calling, Tithe is a freewill thing and a pastor that wants your progress will encourage you to pay it.

Young man read my post very well I never mention tithe, I only air my view on tax. Tax and Tithe are not the same
Re: Why Do Our Pastors Lay More Emphasis On Tithe And Talk Less On Tax? by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2012
cordj2:

Young man read my post very well I never mention tithe, I only air my view on tax. Tax and Tithe are not the same

Every Nigerian is older than they other . . . . Lol

(1) (Reply)

MTN Ultimate Wonder Promo! / Jamb, Neco, Waec Scratch Cards Needed Urgently / Cement And Rods Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.