Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Best Book You've Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Best Book You've Read? (1011 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? / The Best Book Store In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Book You've Read? by Ralvy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2007
What is the best book you've read that made u want to read it over & Over?
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by naijacutee(f): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2007
The spirit-controlled temperament by Tim LaHaye
7 habits of highly effective people by Steven Covey

- I'm still reading them over and over and they are still changing my life.
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by olawale03(m): 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2007
STATE VISIT by niyi osundare.cos it is the true picture of the nigerian military rulership age
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by finekid(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2007
Bible
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by tonia2000(f): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2007
Robinson Crusoe---Daniel Dafoe
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by hallej: 4:05am On Oct 09, 2007
That would be- ALIVE by Piers Paul READ. In 1972 some rugby players had a plane crash and were trapped in the andes mountains for 70 days.they had no food or water and finally after weeks of starvation opted to eating the flesh of their dead friends and companions.this is their story. it really is unbelievably true and tells of how strong man's will for survival trully is. this book is soooo spellbinding, u wont be able to drop it!
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by netotse(m): 4:51am On Oct 09, 2007
'and the shofar blew' - francine rivers
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by iice(f): 6:48am On Oct 09, 2007
halle. . .that book was made into a movie wink

So far. . .i have loved the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice grin grin
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2007
" Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte,

Its really sympathetic,
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by hallej: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2007
you're right,iice,i have heard of the movie,Alive.but i havent watched it yet. but u know what, most sensational novels are finally turned into movies. but the novels i believe are better because they tune ur imagination more and remember u cannt put thoughts into action. most movies of sensational books can be lacking of sooo many things, compare the books, Cain and Abel;Presumed innocent;Degree of Guilt ,Just Cause and all other novels that are screen played to the movies themselves.u find out that a lot is missing. i actually enjoyed ALL the books in The VAMPIRE CHRONILES by Anne Rice.yeah iice that was good! have you read all the books in the series?Can you compare Queen of the Damned, Interview with the vampire (the movies) to the books?, see what i mean! wink
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by iice(f): 3:10am On Oct 12, 2007
True that, its hard transfering the vibe of a book into a movie. . .sometimes even if it's done to the letter, there is still something missing - example Da Vinci Code. . .the movie left me erhhhh but the book was a good read. Yes i have The Chronicles. . .Dunno which is my favorite, although i like Lestat alot (the book that is) there are just times when am like. . .arghhhh lol. As for the movies. . .hmmm Interview is my favorite (oooh wat gorgeous men! grin) but lemme not digress wink Still alot left out from the book, and like i said the vibe. . .In Queen of the Damned, too much too was left out, history. . .ties to Lestat (book) etc.
Re: The Best Book You've Read? by toksdam(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2007
the PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE, rick warren

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Publisher For My Book / If U Had A Chance 2 Dine Wit A World Class Author, Who Wud Dat B? / The Sin Of Presumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.