Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? (2512 Views)

Why English Is So Hard! (PHOTO) / I Cheated In Waec And Neco.should I Return The Certificate? / 45% Pass In Waec; Good But Suspect News? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

Happy New-Year to you all. This is my first post here, although i have been reading most of your great contributions. Please i need urgent assistance. I recently sat for WAEC GCE which recently came out but during my day of English i was very ill thats the reason why i wasnt able to make it. But my Mathematics was A1 and all other Science subjects B3 including Economics. I really want to know if since i didnt make English in my WAEC if i can use my recently written TOEFL which i got good score on as a Supplement to submit to the School am recently working on their Application. Your honest and sincere replies will be most valued. God bless you all.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by blank(f): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
Check the guidelines for the school you want to apply to.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2012
@Blank,

I have checked the School and also written to them but it seems they are busy as of now. I really want to know if it could be accepted so i can commence gathering the rest of my documents. I havent decided in a School yet. Please do you have any close idea?

@Nairalanders, Please your urgent reply is most valued as of this regards.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by justwise(m): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2012
p.desmond:

@Blank,

I have checked the School and also written to them but it seems they are busy as of now. I really want to know if it could be accepted so i can commence gathering the rest of my documents. I havent decided in a School yet. Please do you have any close idea?

@Nairalanders, Please your urgent reply is most valued as of this regards.

What course are u planning to study and in which school? Schools, courses have different requirements.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 9:59am On Jan 10, 2012
@Justwise, thanks for coming to my Aid. I intend studying in AUC in Netherlands. The course is Civil Engineering BSC. But in your own point of view, do you believe they will accept TOEFL for Supplement to the English that wasnt Credited in WAEC? Thanks.

More Contributions needed pls,
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
p.desmond:

@Justwise, thanks for coming to my Aid. I intend studying in AUC in Netherlands. The course is Civil Engineering BSC. But in your own point of view, do you believe they will accept TOEFL for Supplement to the English that wasnt Credited in WAEC? Thanks.

More Contributions needed pls,

All you need to do is check the course requirements and see if English language is a core requirement or email the school for more info, some schools will take you but when you get there a bridge-up English language class will be added to your course, you will do the language class for a semester or so.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2012
@Justwise, the schools replied me and told me that if i could make 550 in my TOEFL that i will be Admissable pending the selection mode which all applications must pass through. I need your assistance. Where can i register for TOEFL or buy the Voucher for Registration? Thanks and more advise needed.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by justwise(m): 11:57am On Jan 11, 2012
p.desmond:

@Justwise, the schools replied me and told me that if i could make 550 in my TOEFL that i will be Admissable pending the selection mode which all applications must pass through. I need your assistance. Where can i register for TOEFL or buy the Voucher for Registration? Thanks and more advise needed.
http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
@justwise, thanks for your reply. You have been very helpful. Please i do prefer to write TOEFL because its mostly prefered. Do you have some idea about it and if i can get some free online Test Questions.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2012
p.desmond:

@justwise, thanks for your reply. You have been very helpful. Please i do prefer to write TOEFL because its mostly prefered. Do you have some idea about it and if i can get some free online Test Questions.

Type: free TOEFL practice tests in Google, you will get some materials.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2012
Thanks. Am searching through them.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by octar6: 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ op. TOEFL has 2 types.
1. paper based test.
2. Internet based test(iBt)
For the paper based test,just as it sounds is the normal test or exam u write with your question paper and answer sheets right infront of u.
unlike the internet based test(iBT),its based more using the internet.you will answer the questions usin your p.c and head fones for the listening and speakin section. the 550 score required of u from your school, i assume is from the paper based test.its so because its usually higher in scores then the iBT.
Am not sure if the paper based test is still administerd in nigeria because of much fraud. when i wrote mine last year,it was the iBT that i did. google it and u will get some online materials for practice.all the same,wishin u the best.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by octar6: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
lest i forget. U have to register for the iBT test. D will give u a schedule and u will pick a date for d test. Note dat u cant write it @ home it must be done from an accreditated center. So u start now to begin to work on your speed and accuracy.since u will sit in front of a p.c u wount have much time to think of the answers, cus your time will be tickin away.and when your timeĀ  is up,weda your in d 1st section or the last section d computer screen will automatically close ,save and send your answers to the appropriate body for marking and evaluation. Best of luck bro.
Note: its not hard as you may think it is.

1 Like

Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 11:36am On Mar 15, 2012
Hey guys, sorry i forgot to get back to you all. I registered my TOEFL ibt and my score came out on 14th Feb, my score was 105. I guess that's more than enough they required.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by blank(f): 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2012
Is 105 not lower than 550?

1 Like

Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2012
@blank you should have read my post well. I said i wrote ibt internet based test, its highest mark is 120. Hope its clear to you now.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by blank(f): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sorrry, i did not know that. Congrats.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by olaremy2k: 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2012
Congrats man,105 is very good mark in toefl ibt.now what next.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2012
Olaremy2k,

Thanks, i have gotten Acceptance Letter into one of the good Universities in Netherlands, but their Financial Guarantee of 13,000 Euros that they are demanding for is too much i guess, although it covers the Tuition Fee, Visa and Resident Permit of 1 year and the remaining is refunded to your Dutch Bank Account after your arrival. They also stated that they Apply for Student Visa called MVV on behalf of the accepted student. What do you all think?
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by olaremy2k: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
p.desmond:
Olaremy2k,

Thanks, i have gotten Acceptance Letter into one of the good Universities in Netherlands, but their Financial Guarantee of 13,000 Euros that they are demanding for is too much i guess, although it covers the Tuition Fee, Visa and Resident Permit of 1 year and the remaining is refunded to your Dutch Bank Account after your arrival. They also stated that they Apply for Student Visa called MVV on behalf of the accepted student. What do you all think?
that amount is too expensive but if truly the will apply for ur visa,and still give u some amounts when u get there,if u have the money,i'll advice u do it or if u can get a cheaper school with same facility
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Olaremy2k,

Thank you for your advise. I do intend to transfer to another cheaper School in another Country in Schengen after my first year of study. Please what do you think.

@Nairalanders, i need your suggestions please.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by olaremy2k: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
That idea isnt bad too as long as ure sure u have the necessary information and resources....wish u good luck
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by pdesmond1(m): 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2012
Olaremy2k,

I don't understand what you mean by not a bad idea,resources and information.

Why am asking is because am not knowledgeable in that field that's why am seeking out advice from elite nairalanders. All please contribute.

@justwise, please your honorable advise is most needed.
Re: Can Toefl Serve As Supplement If English Is Not Credited In Waec? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2012
Des

please i want 2 register 4 Toefl wt date in oct bt i didn't c any centre within Ib and Lag dt hs date for for oct rather its for Nov and Dec and it will b too late.
Plz pple here i need ur view and suggestion .

....tnx

(1) (Reply)

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN POSTGRADUATE / CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT / 2015 Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.