Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel (88387 Views)

Man Steals From Oyedepo Runs Mad - Mikeangelonews.com / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by luv2talk(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2012
Chei!!!!! 200  Newly Coronated SLAPER, Ehwoooo, Welcome on Board. grin grin grin grin

bros1234:

He doesnt need your respect to do what God has sent him to do. Sorry

Oh!!!You mean God Sent him to be Slapping His Followers. Well, I pray that may your Mom and Sisters be the Next Victim of Pastor Slapper, grin grin

1 Like

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by poweredcom(m): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2012
office of church , money making venture, haha, this world Money, aka moulah aka benjamin aka paper paper, rules
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Jay5000(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2012
You guys should leave him alone. Can't you see he is trying to cushion the effect of the fuel subsidy?
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by akinmax: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2012
@ Bros1234,
Your response was agog!. I like it.Reasonable people think with their head not mind.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by KokoBeware: 11:30am On Jan 12, 2012
Pastors are not meant to be in servitude forever. Even Jesus trained
his 12 apostles, and they effectively went their own ways to their own
ministries.

Jesus sent out 70 disciples in pairs to go and preach.
Paul Enenche, David Ibiyeomie and Simeon Afolabi are three well-
known pastors who were trained under Bishop Oyedepo. When it was
time for them to go, they went.
So if 200 pastors decided it was time to leave and branch out to fulfill
their own callings after undergoing the necessary trainings, what is
the issue there?

At least Bishop even gave them money to start with. I wonder how
some silly posters here will want someone to go into ministry without
a penny. How do they pay for church venues and stuff like that? I
worked under a boss for 10 years and I decided it was time to branch
out on my own. My boss is still owing me N50,000 salary as I speak to
you. He did not give me a penny but I thank God that what he is
owing me, I am able to pay to plenty of others under my employment
without issues.

People should stop this silly misrepresentation of the facts, trying to
paint Winners as a church in trouble or a business enterprise. There is
a limit to the number of pastors a ministry or church can have, and
when it is time to move on, a pastor moves on!
If you have a son who at the age of 40 or 50 is still living with you as a
parent, no plans to marry and start his own family or be independent,
is that son not worse than an slowpoke?
Nothing dey there!
[b]
The apostles never started their own ministries, They spread the gospel not by starting "their own" did u eva hear of Church of Peter, orr St Johns church?

The problem here is dat they want to be boss and control the finance, its not the drive to spread the gospel that is making them leave,

Tell any of this people leaving to go to the rural areas and start a church they will neva agree cos its bad buisiness, we have enof churches in every major christian city in Nigeria.

You seem to agree that it is now strictly buisiness, - by compairing it to u and ur boss, their boss is not Oyedepo, Their boss should be God who called them,

The problem with ur logic is "HIS OWN" for crying out loud it should be God's Church not any individuals church He said "I will build my Church", Bt many people have come to claim the church for themselves imposing their pictures on bill boards and all, that is what gives them the impression that it is their church,

We are in for a great shock on the last day trust me
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:32am On Jan 12, 2012
This ministry is a joke.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by figment232(m): 11:32am On Jan 12, 2012
why are u always having "breaking news" ON WINNERS CHAPEL?
Is it d only church in 9ja?.abeg free oyedepo
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2012
where is d source of the 4b? Ans: poor faithfuls
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobleacct: 11:42am On Jan 12, 2012
Sign of END-TIME. God, come quickly for the truth to be known. Uhmm,
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by jascon1(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2012
criminals claiming lordship in the name of God, these churches are hell of destruction, can u decipher the money involved? pay-off in the house of God?? #4billion where the hell did the money come from? Jesus himself didnt have such money or a place to lay his head, how can a man of God have possession on earth when the bible urged us not to, but in heaven these so called MOG r evil
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by vitality22(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2012
KokoBeware:

[b]
The apostles never started their own ministries,  They spread the gospel not by starting "their own" did u eva hear of Church of Peter, orr St Johns church?

The problem here is dat they want to be boss and control the finance, its not the drive to spread the gospel that is making them leave,

Tell any of this people leaving to go to the rural areas and start a church they will neva agree cos its bad buisiness, we have enof churches in every major christian city in Nigeria.

You seem to agree that it is now strictly buisiness, - by compairing it to u and your boss,  their boss is not Oyedepo, Their boss should be God who called them,  

The  problem with your logic is "HIS OWN" for crying out loud it should be God's Church not any individuals church He said "I will build my Church",  Bt many people have come to claim the church for themselves imposing their pictures on bill boards and all,  that is what gives them the impression that it is their church,  

We are in for a great shock on the last day trust me
Thank you so very much. You took the words out of my mouth. I tell people this "CHURCH IS THE MOST LUCRATIVE BUSINESS ON EARTH" pastors are no longer interested in preaching Jesus Christ rather they are interested in what comes into their pockets. Indeed, JUDGEMENT DAY IS NEAR
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by numo86(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2012
stagger:

Pastors are not meant to be in servitude forever. Even Jesus trained his 12 apostles, and they effectively went their own ways to their own ministries.

Jesus sent out 70 disciples in pairs to go and preach.

Paul Enenche, David Ibiyeomie and Simeon Afolabi are three well-known pastors who were trained under Bishop Oyedepo. When it was time for them to go, they went.

So if 200 pastors decided it was time to leave and branch out to fulfill their own callings after undergoing the necessary trainings, what is the issue there?

At least Bishop even gave them money to start with. I wonder how some silly posters here will want someone to go into ministry without a penny. How do they pay for church venues and stuff like that? I worked under a boss for 10 years and I decided it was time to branch out on my own. My boss is still owing me N50,000 salary as I speak to you. He did not give me a penny but I thank God that what he is owing me, I am able to pay to plenty of others under my employment without issues.

People should stop this silly misrepresentation of the facts, trying to paint Winners as a church in trouble or a business enterprise. There is a limit to the number of pastors a ministry or church can have, and when it is time to move on, a pastor moves on!

If you have a son who at the age of 40 or 50 is still living with you as a parent, no plans to marry and start his own family or be independent, is that son not worse than an slowpoke?

Nothing dey there!

Who told u d apostles had there different ministrieswhat was d name of there ministries, , let me inform u incase u'v thrown ur bible away, all d apostles and older men back then in jerusalem made up a governing body that directed all d congregations of Jesus be it d corinthians,galatian,ephesian,laodecian,thessolonian etc, b4 paul n barnabas were sent,d governin body sat down to see where d preachn work needed more hands and they unanimously agreed thru d help of d holy spirit to send paul and his companion on a missionary tour not for them to start up anoda business organisation, and guess whatall d apostles includin d elders back then were all either poor or lived simple lives, there was no CEO of d church,Jesus is the CEO, and d apostles didnt sit down static or stick to d pull pit preachin commandin people and aquiring horses,chariots,gold,silver,expensive life style and wealth just as todays pastors do rather they themselves moved from house 2 house preachin d goodnews becos that is why d holy spirit was sent in d 1st place, i mean its clear that weneva a pastor leaves a church its just another avenue for anoda church to spring, so that they can be CEO's themselves,own SUV's and possibly get a jet, they all just wana run there own business venture, if u still dnt see why what is happenin is totally wrong please take up ur bible and read d whole of ACTS and see how d 1st century christian church was run, i jus tire for churches, its all about d money, its so glaring!!!, and u mentioned three pastors that were trained under oyedepo, and as we can all see they are stinkingly rich guys now, driving big cars,wearin expensive clothes and shoes,mayb also plannin to buy jets as well, cant u see its all about d money, what has christianity turned intoa means to material gain ??make 9jarians wise up o and read there bibles,
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
Who cares? Nigerians and Foolishness Inc.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by dozai: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
Subsidy Removal and Austerity measures in the house of God
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by lekerenike: 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Jerrypaul3: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
How realy is this news true, abi pastors na money bring them make dey do God work
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by FEMARY1: 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2012
Wetin this bishop do for una?hen?

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by silibaba: 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
see as them dey share the tithe paid by poor members cry cry
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by mbulela: 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by TPrime(m): 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2012
Church Business
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by alienkind: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
I believe Bishop have done the right thing.Most pastors are there for the money
and want to share from the general prosperity of the church which they
are not entitled to because they are not the ones who started the ministry.
The chaff need to be separated from the wheat in order
not to distabilise his ministry.
If you think doing GOD's work is easy,go
and open one.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by IykeD(m): 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2012
alienkind:

I believe Bishop have done the right thing.Most pastors are there for the money
and want to share from the general prosperity of the church which they
are not entitled to because they are not the ones who started the ministry.
The chaff need to be separated from the wheat in order
not to distabilise his ministry.
If you think doing GOD's work is easy,go
and open one.

Nicely written but what is your BISHOP after?
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by srahman: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
da easiest way 2 make money. Ahnn!
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by babaowo: 12:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
Nigerians and churches time will tell,
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by sylvagiva(m): 12:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
Make up story and great liar. During shiloh d church does not hold any kind of pastoral meeting because even d  pastors knows dat its is a time of personal encounter. To even say a pastoral meeting was held let me ask, which day of d program, time and where. When all through d shiloh hours is full of programs. Also during this yrs shiloh all pastors, be it regional overs, resident pastors, associate pastors or assistant pastors where asked to worship via satelite in there various branches, and viewing equipment was provided for all winners branches worldwide, so who where d pastors dat went for d meeting. May be d pastors from yr own ministry. Also note dat pastor Dele Bamgboye who is now in PortT Harcourt started winners chapel international Ghana and not whosoever u are calling.  IF U ARE CERTAIN ABOUT DIS UR OWN INFORMATION, TELL U PASTOR FRIEND TO TELL HOW U MANY PPL FROM D DIFFERENT REGIONS AND THERE NAMES DAT LEFT D CHURCH. SO WHEN WE DON'T SEE DEM AGAIN WE KNOW DAT U ARE SAYING D TRUTH. LIARS

PLEAS EAND PLEASE AGAIN STOP CARRING PROPAGANDA AROUND. FOR EVERY PROPAGANDA U CARRY AGAINST D MAN OF GOD, U WILL PAY FOR IT.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by stagger: 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
numo86:

Who told u d apostles had there different ministrieswhat was d name of there ministries, , let me inform u incase u'v thrown your bible away, all d apostles and older men back then in jerusalem made up a governing body that directed all d congregations of Jesus be it d corinthians,galatian,ephesian,laodecian,thessolonian etc, b4 paul n barnabas were sent,d governin body sat down to see where d preachn work needed more hands and they unanimously agreed thru d help of d holy spirit to send paul and his companion on a missionary tour not for them to start up anoda business organisation, and guess whatall d apostles includin d elders back then were all either poor or lived simple lives, there was no CEO of d church,Jesus is the CEO, and d apostles didnt sit down static or stick to d pull pit preachin commandin people and aquiring horses,chariots,gold,silver,expensive life style and wealth just as todays pastors do rather they themselves moved from house 2 house preachin d goodnews becos that is why d holy spirit was sent in d 1st place, i mean its clear that weneva a pastor leaves a church its just another avenue for anoda church to spring, so that they can be CEO's themselves,own SUV's and possibly get a jet, they all just wana run there own business venture, if u still dnt see why what is happenin is totally wrong please take up your bible and read d whole of ACTS and see how d 1st century christian church was run, i jus tire for churches, its all about d money, its so glaring!!!, and u mentioned three pastors that were trained under oyedepo, and as we can all see they are stinkingly rich guys now, driving big cars,wearin expensive clothes and shoes,mayb also plannin to buy jets as well, cant u see its all about d money, what has christianity turned intoa means to material gain ??make 9jarians wise up o and read there bibles,

I do not expect people like you who think with their rear ends to understand what I was trying to bring out. I rest my case! cool
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by royallinx: 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2012
sylvagiva:

Make up story and great liar. During shiloh d church does not hold any kind of pastoral meeting because even d  pastors knows dat its is a time of personal encounter. To even say a pastoral meeting was held let me ask, which day of d program, time and where. When all through d shiloh hours is full of programs. Also during this yrs shiloh all pastors, be it regional overs, resident pastors, associate pastors or assistant pastors where asked to worship via satelite in there various branches, and viewing equipment was provided for all winners branches worldwide, so who where d pastors dat went for d meeting. May be d pastors from yr own ministry. Also note dat pastor Dele Bamgboye who is now in PortT Harcourt started winners chapel international Ghana and not whosoever u are calling.  IF U ARE CERTAIN ABOUT DIS your OWN INFORMATION, TELL U PASTOR FRIEND TO TELL HOW U MANY PPL FROM D DIFFERENT REGIONS AND THERE NAMES DAT LEFT D CHURCH. SO WHEN WE DON'T SEE DEM AGAIN WE KNOW DAT U ARE SAYING D TRUTH. LIARS

PLEAS EAND PLEASE AGAIN STOP CARRING PROPAGANDA AROUND. FOR EVERY PROPAGANDA U CARRY AGAINST D MAN OF GOD, U WILL PAY FOR IT.

The source of that story is a bad liar. If u wan lie at least do a good job. which meeting was held between 4-11 december during shiloh with activities all through the day. More so, all winners pastor worldwide watched it via satelite as it has been for the past 3 years, 

For all of you who will believe everytin u get online without verifying, I dont know wat to say.
You mean you will believe a story from a website that says "Do you have a story/gist for publication? Please email it to story@nigeriafilms.com".
Na wa oh,  why must we bring sentiments into everytin, people will believe anytin as long as it make them feel good and anoda person evil.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by schendy(f): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
Ppl just run their mouth unnecessarily,

1. Not all pastors r called, some go to bible school n then they r asked to plant a church using d knowledge gained , now hands could be laid on them by a bishop, or not.

2. Some are called, but not called to full time mimistry, they can work part time n be a pastor as well, now they might be paid or not paid, depends.

3. Some r called to full time ministry, but not to breakout n establish their own ministries, now these ones get salaries n it 'the salary' is dependent on a lot of factors, e.g location, purse of d church branch etc. Now pastors in this category, can be transfered to start new branches, or to already existing ones at d discretion of the unit in charge of transfer.

4. Some pastors r called to full time ministry n also to found a church, now this ones can leave/ resign n go start a new ministry and their former church can help them to kick start by giving them a token amount of money, sometimes the help could be in form of chairs etc. Now this is wat papa does, he assists d pastors who recieved d call to start a church with money, but u would not expect him not to deduct the loans the pastors collected while in winners church, tell me wc authotity where u serve or work would let u leave with the loans u collected without paying back?.

As a pastor, u should know u can be moved/ transfered from a city, to a bush, to go n pastor a church, u should not be concerned about d money or are u serving God for monetary gains?.

Restructuring is necessary every where, ministry, church, banks etc, it helps to know those who r still working towards d goal n not spoiling the name or the said organisation.

For those who can't pay tithe to one church or the other 'cos they will mis manage or do whatever, the instruction from the God and d Bible is that ''u pay ur tithe'' urs is to obey instruction, n leave them to incure God's wrath if they dont follow d set rules about tithe.

U giving orphanages ur tithe/money doesn't equal paying ur tithe cos d instruction was clear ''bring into my house''

And ppl, be carefull wat u say about Annointed ppl, if u dnt like them, its ur opinion but leave out d curses n insults, remember the kids that insulted Elijah, n even David could not kill saul 'the annointed' n we all kmow u can kill in many ways, words of the mouth included.
An annointed is an annointed. 'Nuff said.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by favouredjb(f): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
Until I hear frm d horses' mouth
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by chino11(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
Yorubas sef, when will this people stop giving us bad image.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by kuss: 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
haters haters haters haters haters
keep hating
keep beefing
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by nwanioma(f): 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
I think churches should start paying tax! Could be direct or indirect!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey's 30-Day Hallelujah Challenge: Olowogbogboro Thread / Breaking Spiritual Marriages, Spirit Husband And Wife, Sex in the dream. / Shop Owned By Pastor Adeboye's Son Where A Pair Of Shoe Is Sold $4000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.