Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Can I Learn Esan? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can I Learn Esan? (11395 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Esan People Of Edo State / Ishan/esan Names / Any Esan In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Esan? by MaryEsan: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2012
Hey Everyone. I was born in London but my family originates from Nigeria. Edo State, Ekpoma.
I have been wanting to learn my language, esan, for some time but my mum won't teach me and she says she hardly speaks the language
which is quite un true because she can carry out conversations in the language.
I think that it is right that i get to learn the language but I can't seem to find anything on the internet that can help me.
I know basic phrases that my mum taught me like how are you and I'm fine. But other than that, I can't understand anything.
Please help.
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by wisepluto(m): 9:06pm On Jan 13, 2012
4m esan too, the last time i went to my home town was 12yrs ago, i do understand my language, cos we mainly communicate with it @ home with my parents and siblings also with my relatives, "bo dia yeh"! (ow r u doing?)
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
what kind of mother you got, who cant teach your own mother tongue. angry tongue

what about your father

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Esan? by MaryEsan: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

what kind of mother you got, who cant teach your own mother tongue. angry tongue

what about your father

My dad isn't Esan.
And my mum doesn't teach me it because she says that she doesn't really speak the language.
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by ifyalways(f): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
I think there is an Edo meet up thread at the 'Dating and meet up zone' a subsection of the Romance sec.

You can as well use the search button,i think a thread like this exists.
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by MaryEsan: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
ifyalways:

I think there is an Edo meet up thread at the 'Dating and meet up zone' a subsection of the Romance sec.

You can as well use the search button,i think a thread like this exists.

Thank You. I'll check it out and see if I can find it.
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by infomister(m): 12:15am On Mar 26, 2012
You can check www.discoveresan.com. I am also Esan from Igueben LGA, I am looking for my brother and sisters.
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by msakhere(f): 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Am esan too. An Akhere (younger twin) and I speak esan but not near perfect.bo dia ye? Ofure or odia nose. My dad started teaching us in our "old age" but we are still learning
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by rabzy: 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
infomister: You can check www.discoveresan.com. I am also Esan from Igueben LGA, I am looking for my brother and sisters.

Hello greetings, am also from Igueben, my mom is from Ekpoma, but i speak my mum's version of Esan. The Igueben dialect is a bit conc. for me but i understand it very well. Am from Uhe in Igueben, where are you from, tho i am more Yoruba than Esan now, lived all my life in Southwest, and i married a half-yoruba, half-ibo girl who grew up in Kano. You should see the kind of music we played in my wedding, it was a blend of all cultures.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Esan? by sdavirus: 11:04am On Dec 12, 2013
Hmmm... See my people smiley
Iruekpen, Ekpoma here smiley
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by Ebosetale1: 12:15am On Feb 16, 2015
GOOD DAY
Esan pple

My name is Ebosetale Agogo from Uromi, I saw your post and comments respectively, I was born and brought up in Uromi, I would have love to teach you but due to distance and time I don't bliv I will be able bcs I hardly come online. my advice is to log on facebook and post it on Uromi connection. some one may be willing to help out. or better still contact Uromi connection to arrange Esan dictionary for you, This will really help you.. the dictionary is translated in English

God bless you all and God bless Esan land...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Esan? by abumere813: 3:21am On May 19, 2017
An website to learn the Esan language is currently being developed here: [url]LearningEsan.com[/url]

It seems to be fairly new but is being updated frequently wit new material
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by ESANMarket: 4:33am On Jul 26, 2017
Although this trend on Esan Language seems old, we would love to bring it alive as we introduce ESANMarket.net, a marketplace for all ESAN sons and daughter home and abroad based on popular demands.

We bring EsanMarket.net at your fingertips!!! Its first of its kind multi-vendor marketplace for everyone; which means anyone can create an online store on EsanMarket.net Free and sell digital downloads.
Why RENT when you can OWN your online Store FREE of charge?
Are you an independent author of ESAN Book, or just starting out writing ESAN Books, a publisher with a new, unknown author, or are you a collector of ESAN book with copyright license to sell off your collection, or are you a businessman, businesswoman with physical store in #ESANLand and you want People from around the world to locate your store? We have answers for you: Visit ESANMarket now at: www.esanmarket.net and Join today to own your online store FREE of charge!! Please rebroadcast, repost and share with all your contacts till it goes viral with hashtag #ProudlyESAN

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Esan? by googi: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Please help me out.

Is ESAN the same as Ishan?
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by edkai: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening fellow nairalanders. Pardon me for having to deviate from the topic...please I'd like to solicit your support on behalf of one of my protégés. I am a teacher.
Her name is Ayeni Olohije from Edo state. She is contesting for a scholarship position at the Royal Arts Academy courtesy Emem Isong. She needs as many votes as she can get right now. The contest is a very stiff one. So please help her to take a step closer to her dream of being a movie director by following her unique link below and vote for her. You are free to also drop a comment. I assure you, your vote is not wasted. Thank you and God bless you. Here is her link;
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by ESANMarket: 1:23am On Sep 30, 2017
googi:
Please help me out.

Is ESAN the same as Ishan?

'Ishan' is an Anglicized form of 'Esan', the result of colonial Britain's inability to properly pronounce the name of this ethnic group. Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esan_people
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by aotaigbe: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Download “Izesan! Speak Esan!” in your App Store! Available for iOS and android phone users!

Izesan! Speak Esan! is an Esan language-learning app for kids and adult beginners to Esan Nigerian
language and culture.
-Select from over 30+ lessons to learn Esan words and sentences.
-Play various games to test your Esan skills.
-Earn gifts and points as you learn to fill up your gallery.
-Monitor your growth on the public scoreboards as you continue to learn more Esan.
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by JuanDeDios: 8:04am On Aug 31, 2021
Ebosetale1:
GOOD DAY
Esan pple

My name is Ebosetale Agogo from Uromi, I saw your post and comments respectively, I was born and brought up in Uromi, I would have love to teach you but due to distance and time I don't bliv I will be able bcs I hardly come online. my advice is to log on facebook and post it on Uromi connection. some one may be willing to help out. or better still contact Uromi connection to arrange Esan dictionary for you, This will really help you.. the dictionary is translated in English

God bless you all and God bless Esan land...
I'm looking for this dictionary. Where can I get it to buy?
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by Bullisholder: 6:53am On Jan 16
Please what is the name of the older twin in esan?
msakhere:
Am esan too. An Akhere (younger twin) and I speak esan but not near perfect.bo dia ye? Ofure or odia nose. My dad started teaching us in our "old age" but we are still learning
Re: Can I Learn Esan? by Bullisholder: 6:56am On Jan 16
Obilu!

Please how do I say "God help me" in esan.

I love the language and I want to learn

aotaigbe:
Download “Izesan! Speak Esan!” in your App Store! Available for iOS and android phone users!

Izesan! Speak Esan! is an Esan language-learning app for kids and adult beginners to Esan Nigerian
language and culture.
-Select from over 30+ lessons to learn Esan words and sentences.
-Play various games to test your Esan skills.
-Earn gifts and points as you learn to fill up your gallery.
-Monitor your growth on the public scoreboards as you continue to learn more Esan.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Whats The Eglish Meaning Of Ekule / Proud Awori People Identify Yourselves Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.