Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? (2244 Views)

Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / What Type Of Insecticide Do You Use In Your Home? / Is Night The Best Time For The Use Of Insecticide? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 15, 2012
Its becoming increasingly disturbing that the mosquitoes in my house have grown resistance to Baygon and Raid, and i don't know what else to use. These mosquitoes can bite the dead to life! What can u suggest please?

Also, most medicated soaps e.g. Dettol, reacts on my gorgeous delicate skin and face. Please what can be done right?

Matured comments, pls. grin thank you.
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Pampers: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2012
Rambo gold insecticid works well.really all these insectcides hav hazardous health effects.best to prevnt mosqs frm entrin ur house by nettn nd avoidn doors open early morn nd evnins
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by moremi2008(m): 8:41am On Jan 15, 2012
I discovered that my family had stopped using Baygon and Raid ages ago because of mosquito resistance. Kilit (by Polygard) seems to work well (it's in a yellow and green can).

My Mum is pretty sensitive to strong soaps too. She uses Dove soap.
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Pampers: 8:53am On Jan 15, 2012
Antiseptic soaps r not good to be used for a long time coz it gradualy destroys d normal flora of d skin.
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by ifyalways(f): 9:27am On Jan 15, 2012
Permanent solution?Get a net.simple.

If you are in Lagos,last year the govt. distributed free nets and if you can't afford the treated nets,get an ordinary net,it works just fine.Try and keep your surroundings clean.

I use the native black soap aka ncha awusa. . .not dudu osun but my man and boys use delta.Its antiseptic but very mild.
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2012
tnx all! I'll do what u suggested. I had to go to church with a SWOLLEN LIP, NOSE and CHEEK! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
I was just about to open a thread bout this same issue! Tnx y'all
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2012
cooooooolll
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by netotse(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
you could use an insect repellant, either the cream (odomos) or the mortein one(electric), I've used both and they work
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
^Netotse where do u stay?Odomos no dey work for VI mosquitoes oh,they have grown a strong resistance to that.lol

*waves at Paris.Hows baby girl doing?*
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
^Netotse where do u stay?Odomos no dey work for VI mosquitoes oh,they have developed a strong resistance to that.lol

*waves at Paris.Hows baby girl doing?*
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by freecocoa(f): 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
OP get a net like already suggested,but walahi the best method to deal with these nigerian mosquitoes,roaches and insects in general is fumigation but for someone\people living in a compound with neighbors, that may not be an option cos you may not be able to get or keep everyone out of the area for atleast some hours.

Just keep your doors and windows closed early in the mornings\evenings and make sure your surroundings is kept neat devoid of dirty\ stagnant water.
l think mortein works,used it couple of times.

I use queen helen shower milk with egg yolk,its pretty nice.
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^^ tnx freecocoa, but what is queen helen shower milk + egg yolk? undecided
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by freecocoa(f): 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
^
Its liquid soap for bathing,that's what I use abi is that not part of the question?
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by moremi2008(m): 1:28am On Jan 16, 2012
freecocoa:

OP get a net like already suggested,but walahi the best method to deal with these nigerian mosquitoes,roaches and insects in general is fumigation but for someone\people living in a compound with neighbors, that may not be an option cos you may not be able to get or keep everyone out of the area for atleast some hours.

Just keep your doors and windows closed early in the mornings\evenings and make sure your surroundings is kept neat devoid of dirty\ stagnant water.
l think mortein works,used it couple of times.

I use queen helen shower milk[b] with egg yolk[/b],its pretty nice.

Egg yolk? Gross!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 16, 2012
*Hi ifyalways, she is fine tnk u smiley
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2012
freecocoa:

^
Its liquid soap for bathing,that's what I use abi is that not part of the question?
yes, just wanted to be sure, tnk u wink

moremi2008:

lol grin
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by freecocoa(f): 9:34am On Jan 16, 2012
moremi2008:

you think its raw egg yolk?duh!
Its been processed into the bathe milk.

Shower milk comes with different ingredients,some with goat milk,some with fruit extracts,etc,I just specified the type I use. Btw if you see my skin,your exclamation would be"WOW" so sharrap. tongue
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2012
freecocoa:

you think its raw egg yolk?duh!
Its been processed into the bathe milk.

Shower milk comes with different ingredients,some with goat milk,some with fruit extracts,etc,I just specified the type I use. Btw if you see my skin,your exclamation would be"WOW" so sharrap. tongue

^^^ i dey belive u FREECOCOA, but, if it takes GOAT MILK to look as good as you, i better stay this way shocked shocked undecided

that's if i don't look better cool
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by freecocoa(f): 10:02am On Jan 16, 2012
^ grin I don't expect you to understand it,btw beauty is in the eye of the beholder so,finally no be soap dey make person fine. cool
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2012
freecocoa:

^ grin I don't expect you to understand it,btw beauty is in the eye of the beholder so,finally no be soap dey make person fine. cool

point of correction, FEAR is in the eyes of the beholder shocked shocked shocked shocked. . . . because, i know u were FEARFULLY made! grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by freecocoa(f): 11:39am On Jan 16, 2012
otooro:

point of correction, FEAR is in the eyes of the beholder shocked shocked shocked shocked. . . . because, i know u were FEARFULLY made! grin grin grin
Those that have seen me would not agree with that but whatever the case,I give thanks to baba God and my mummy,mind showing me your pix? atleast do me the honors of seeing you whom I suppose is WONDERFULLY MADE.*puts on her baby face and says pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeee*
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
freecocoa:

Those that have seen me would not agree with that but whatever the case,I give thanks to baba God and my mummy,mind showing me your pix? atleast do me the honors of seeing you whom I suppose is WONDERFULLY MADE.*puts on her baby face and says pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeee*

at your word, madam wink wink wink

Me and you in picture grin grin grin

WOW! u look so HAWT COLD! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by Vansnickers: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
otooro:

at your word, madam  wink wink wink

Me and you in picture  grin grin grin

WOW! u look so HAWT COLD!  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Plz wat does this have to do with the original post? Sheeesh so many immature pips on dis site.

[s]Don't lie you are trying to get her attention[/s].
Re: What Kind Of Insecticide And Bathing Soap Do You Use? by freecocoa(f): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2012
otooro:

at your word, madam wink wink wink

Me and you in picture grin grin grin

WOW! u look so HAWT COLD! embarassed embarassed embarassed

For your mind o,Abegi you no get talk jare, undecided tongue

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Should Work And Polygamy Is Bad / D Story Of A Couple:too Painful To Be True / Nigerian Socialite Dies In Dublin After Street Attack By Mate [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.