Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,590 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars (1498 Views)

08 Range Rover Sport And 08 Ml500 4matic And 08 Ford Edge Limited All 9ja Used. / 9ja Used Honda Accord 08' Model / 00 Toyota Avensis Manual Very New 9ja Used 900k reduce price 800k off thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by dahmylolah(m): 1:22am On Jan 16, 2012
hi yall,  I want nairalander's candid opinion on this,  I have been plannin 2 buy a honda baby boi 4 a while nw,   But d rate that i see d adverts 4 sales here, beginnin 2 question the  car,  So just want ur expert views on the baby boy,  Its pros and cons,  And pls dont b 2 technical,  I b amamteur,  Fanks in advance
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by sultaan(m): 2:30am On Jan 16, 2012
A lot of peeps bought one, a lot of mechanics messed one up, so a lot of owners are trying to get rid of one messed up Honda grin.
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 16, 2012
brilliant question from poster i also got amazed about it due to the high Rate Advert of Honda's for sale grin grin
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by dahmylolah(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
@sultan, Yeah, that seems to be predominantly the case, But just want 2 know d specifics
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by dahmylolah(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
@bandiejay, Yes ooo, Its enuf 2 make me have crious second tot , Dont wanna go buy it, then have 2 continually visit a mechanic , especially wiv the increase in cost of evryfin
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by oblo(m): 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
The Honda baby boi is a nice ride. Personally I think the major reason for resale is the fact that it is a very popular car! Everyone wanted to have a babyboi! Sales shot up so much that some years back prices for these cars went tru the roof in naija! So naturally it became the kind of car to flood the matketplace for resale. The other reason I would say is responsible for resale is the auto gear problem it happens to be plagued with after a while especially after covering mileages of 130k and above and most times this issue is most timed caused by negligence on the part of the owners. Most of the owners who want to sell are posed with questions like "when last did u check auto transmission fluid level " or "have u had your car scanned routinly to fish out possible issues before they turn major". One gets a NO answer or " my mechanic go don check am" ! Dude its your car! Funny enough some ppl have these same cars and are not complaining! If its luck or just plain good old proper maintenance culture I dunno! I give kudos to the baby boi engine itself. Its a masterpeice if I sm permitted to say that. Easy to maintain and very fuel efficient in ratio to its engine size. But then every one like a change right? So Another reason is some ppl just want a change . Upgrade you call it? When going for a naija used Honda bboy make sure you ask questions and drive the car for a reasonable stretch to observe the gear to gear changes, better in the afternoon as if there might be any issues you might easilly know. Cuz the gear would have heated up.Also go with a trusted mechanic to looklook it up with you. Just my own personal observations . Other experts can give more insight.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by dahmylolah(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
@oblo, Fanks a mill, Ur candid view is very much appreciated, So basically, apart 4rm d gear , wht oda fins would u suggest i look out 4 whn test driving it, because i'm pretty sure ma test drive cant b up 2 30 mins , or max 1 hr, Would that be enuf 2 detect any hidden faults den?
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by FindOut(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Topic, babyboy is a really gud car, just take proper care of your gear & like a previous poster said, go with a very competent & trustworthy mechanic if you want to buy a naija used one.

Sorry to go off topic a little bit. Is dere also an explanation for the many naija used Volkswagen Passat & Jetta cars (particularly model years 2006-2008) on sale here on nairaland? Any user experience??
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by kilokeys(m): 10:29am On Jun 29, 2012
Ore.. U dey here?.. Whats up?.. So ne me and u dey compete ni for mr. Nairaland. Lets go there
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by WiseBukoye(m): 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
Baby boy is a good car. I used mine for 2 years plus without issues b4 selling it off. Just maintain ur car very well. Never drain the gear oil completely, except u've d cash to buy d original dextron (imported). U may top up the gear oil is necessary with Oando (Cotonou). D Dr. that bought mine still uses it. D reason for large nos of secondhand for sale is due to the previous craze for d car in Nigeria. Any car can develop issues at anytime. Try to know the history of a car (how many users, what areas that have been worked on etc). In fact, u may ask the seller to take u to d mechanic that fixes the car. Just ensure u care such for ur car and u don't leave it at the mercies of ur MECHANICS and REWIRES. Best of luck.
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by Shola1281: 6:52am On Apr 08, 2019
Nice tips sit. . It's really appreciated. I'm also looking at getting a baby boy soon.
Re: Why Is There More 9ja Used Honda Products Resale Than Oda Cars by eRex(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2019
i wanted to sell mine cause the exterior was old and my wife felt it was misrepresenting. but when i drove some other peeps babyboy and EOD... i changed my mind.

It really a game of chance. when buying a naija used... infact i have seen 4 plugs with perfect engine and gear but guzzle fuel more than v6 engine...(catalyst gone) and the seller kept on claiming it 4 plug engine.. low consumption bla bla bla....
My suggestion... have a very good user or a mech go with you for inspection...
she still enjoy my ride ever day jare...with 3k fuel lasting her for a week -1 hour drive to and fro work daily(30/30mins)

(1) (Reply)

Registered Peugeot 206 For Sale / Clean Registered 1999 Toyota Sienna For 850k / Clean Registered Isuzu Axiom For Sale 900k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.