Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? (1995 Views)

150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank / Spring Bank Recriutmentin Sight? / Spring Bank Employment Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by adesteve: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
I currently work with a second-generation bank and i just received an offer of employment from Enterprise Bank. The renumeration is far higher that what i currently receive from my current employer. Even if my current employer decides to promote me, the resultant pay would not still match that of the subject bank but i am still undecided on whether to take the offer or not. The reasons are obvious; the stigma of being a nationalized bank and the current uncertain business climate.

Experienced bankers and insiders in Enterprise Bank, please advise me. I only want to use a few more years in banking to get some capital to start my own business but i just want to make an informed decision. Thank you.
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by tanimola22: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
Is the salary difference that huge to make up for the risk?
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by yamakuza: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
adesteve:

I currently work with a second-generation bank [/b]and i just received an offer of employment from Enterprise Bank. [b]The renumeration is far higher than what i currently receive from my current employer. Even if my current employer decides to promote me, the resultant pay would not still match that of the subject bank but i am still undecided on whether to take the offer or not. The reasons are obvious; the stigma of being a nationalized bank and the current uncertain business climate.

Experienced bankers and insiders in Enterprise Bank, please advise me. I only want to use a few more years in banking to get some capital to start my own business but i just want to make an informed decision. Thank you.

How many years is a few more years?

It appears Enterprise Bank will move you closer to your goals.
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by adesteve: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Tanimola22- The salary difference is about N200,000
@Yamakuza- I am looking at 3-5 years, at most.

Thank you
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by tanimola22: 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
Since your main aim is to build capital and not a career, I would go for it. The pay difference seems huge, something that makes up for any risk and will even help you achieve your goal of building a nice capital to start your own business.

Well, let us hear other people's opinions. The aforesaid is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

T22
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
I have finally been unbanned. I concur with tanimlola22. You are definitely on the right path based on your future goal. Go for the Naira!!!
By the way, T22, thanks for the ifp/total info. Will definitely give it a shot wink
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
I forgot to say this. Please ensure you look at the details of your appointment letter and remuneration to ensure than there are no hidden deductions and unsurmountable conditions attached to your pay package. The offer may look good on face value but it may not be really so based on working conditions. Be sure to contact any Enterprise bank staff if you have the opportunity. If after thorough scrutiny, it remains better, then go for it!!!!!!
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by tanimola22: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
x-fire:

I have finally been unbanned. I concur with tanimlola22. You are definitely on the right path based on your future goal. Go for the Naira!!!
By the way, T22, thanks for the ifp/total info. Will definitely give it a shot wink

Yeah, give it a try. You just could nail it.

T22
Re: Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? by adesteve: 6:05am On Jan 17, 2012
@Al, Thank you very much for your insightful advice and comments.

(1) (Reply)

Please I'm Hnd Graduate And I Have Done My Nysc, So I Want To Start Ican. Please / Should I Venture Into Yahoo Yahoo ? Advice ! / The Scariest Hotel Room In The World Hangs Off The Side Of A Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.