Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,614 members, 7,955,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? (4557 Views)

Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. / New Fraudulent Awareness At Etisalat Users. / Fraudulent Hosting Firms & Individuals Exposed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by mutiu78(m): 10:53am On Oct 10, 2007
Someone brought our notice (where I work) to the fraudulent Nigerian Immigration website - [url]https:// portal.immigration.gov.ng/eImmigration/index.htm[/url] which looks resemblance with the http://www.immigration.gov.ng/

It will be of good interest of the public if The Comptroller General Nigeria Immigration Service; can disclaim this website to avoid people failing prey to these fraudsters.
Anyway, I am still investigating. I called the immigration office awhile ago.

Naija BEWARE
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by PDF: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2007
I do not think the site is fraudulent as you claim. If you click on the ePayment link on the 'real site', it takes you to the supposed fraudulent site.

Check this yourself!
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by mutiu78(m): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2007
Im not sure because Immigration is based in Abuja while the other site based in Lagos.
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by mutiu78(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2007
Yes I can see it now. But look confusing because the email address is different from the IMS.
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by abhosts(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
False Alarm!

How can the sub-domain of a genuine domain name be referred to as a fraud? I advise seun to delete this thread, since it is capable of misleading the public.
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by believeme: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2007
Please delete this
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by mutiu78(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2007
Its confusing because the email (support@socketworksglobal.com) on is different from info@immigration.gov.ng

and they posted http://www.immigration.gov.ng/scamalert.htm as scam alert on their website

[b]Please be informed that www.immigration.gov.ng remains the only authentic and genuine website of the Nigeria Immigration Service whose registered office is now at Sauka Village, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Road, Abuja.

We have uncovered several fictitious websites of some unscrupulous persons sending e-mails, letters and telephone calls to unsuspecting members of the public by impersonating officials of the Operations Directorate responsible for Visas and Passports, claiming that on the payment of specified amounts of money to them, they will provide assistance for the procurement of travel assistance ie. Visa/Work Permit, Residence Permit, and Passports.

The Nigeria Immigration Service wishes to dissociate itself from any transaction entered into on the strength of such scam mails/correspondence or any other representation made via any of the fictitious website/e-mail addresses. Please be informed that the Nigeria Immigration Service does not solicit payment from individual through letters or any other means of correspondence.

The Nigeria Immigration Service will not be liable for any loss incurred by any person who deals with the imposters contrary to this advice.

In the event that you receive this kind of solicitation mails/letters, please disregard the sender. Contact the nearest Nigerian Consulate, Embassy or High-Commission nearest to your place of domicile for further information. You may also send mail to info@immigration.gov.ng or call any of these numbers:

+2348033048426
+2348035071298
+2348033047260[/b]
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by my2cents(m): 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2007
Looking at both sites independently, based on what I see, in my opinion, the "http://www.immigration.gov.ng/" site is the on that looks fraudulent tongue

Be that as it may, I think the best thing the Immigration service can do is track down all such fraudulent sites and have them shut down. It shouldn't be that hard. With oil at least $80/barrel, we can afford to have an IT fraud department that does nothing but hunt down fraudulent sites, wherever in the world they may be and take the owners of such sites to court. Next thing would be to undergo a big time ad campaign (billboards, tv, radio, newspaper) alerting the public to such sites and flashing the real url so many times that it gets permanently burnt in our subconscious. Finally (and I say this one because I don't think either site is fraudulent), the "portal" site should be marked as such in the header. As it is, both headers say the same thing and it does beg the question of which site is fraudulent and which site isn't.

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by niyyie(m): 1:15am On Oct 11, 2007
Mutiu, you got it all wrong. The URL you pointed to is not fake.

My2cents, these fake sites come-up every day. Name it. Fake government websites, fake Nigeria immigration website, fake bank websites, fake telecom company websites etc.

I can assure you though that there are people actively working hard to have such fake sites shut down by their web hosts. An example is aa419.org

I did a post on my blog about these fake Nigerian sites, over a month ago. See Nigeria: Beware of Fake Central Bank, Immigration Service, oil company websites
Re: The Fraudulent Nigerian Immigration Website???? by my2cents(m): 1:23am On Oct 11, 2007
My2cents, these fake sites come-up every day. Name it. Fake government websites, fake Nigeria immigration website, fake bank websites, fake telecom company websites etc.
No argument there. All I am asking for is a solution.

I can assure you though that there are people actively working hard to have such fake sites shut down by their web hosts.
This is indeed a solution.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Bloggers Writing Shorter And Shorter Posts? / Latest 9mobile Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat For August/september 2017 Is Back A / Please I Need Monetization Ideas For My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.