Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan (1684 Views)

Imagine A Life Without A Career Plan / New Year Career Plan (uk) / 1-year Career Plan For 19-year-old? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by applelady(f): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2012
Pls this is very serious, I don't know where to post this whether in this section or health but all the same I really need an urgent reply. I want to know if organisations in Nigeria discriminate against an HIV positive applicant, can somebody that is HIV positive but healthy looking be accepted into any sector in Nigeria. Pls forgive how I put this but at least you will understand what I'm saying. Thank you as you reply.
Re: Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by yamakuza: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
Re: Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by tishat(f): 4:47am On Mar 04, 2013
@applelady I ll say that multinationals,gov parastatals nd foreign coys do not,you mostly find this discrimination in our local coys.
I have to state that those coys wll still have you do medicals bt usually seek your consent before testing one for HIV however the outcome of ones status is not a
Determinant.
My sis got a
Job with NBL 6yrs ago nd was screened for HIV while my yongest sis got a
Job with NBL too this year and was not tested for HIV.

You fail when you fear!
Re: Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by applelady(f): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
@Tishat Thanks for d word of encouragement, you are one lucky woman to get ur man despite your status, wish mine would be as easy as urs cos my guy is negative but we use condom though, I'm wondering how to break d news to him. cry

1 Like

Re: Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by ositadima1(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
applelady: @Tishat Thanks for d word of encouragement, you are one lucky woman to get ur man despite your status, wish mine would be as easy as urs cos my guy is negative but we use condom though, I'm wondering how to break d news to him. cry

If this dude is matured enough you should tell him, think, if it were the other way round wouldn't you want to know? Or stop having sex with him, you know condom is not 100% sure thing. I don't think it's fair, ok, its none of my business but like I said you are holding out something huge and it's not fair.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by ositadima1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Re: Can Health Issues Affect Ones Career Plan by Youngpo413: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
ositadima1:

If this dude is matured enough you should tell him, think, if it were the other way round wouldn't you want to know? Or stop having sex with him, you know condom is not 100% sure thing. I don't think it's fair, ok, its none of my business but like I said you are holding out something huge and it's not fair.
gbam

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund / Check Nigerian Navy Shortlisted Candidates DSSC Course 26 Selection Board 2019 / Oil And Gas Service Companies In VI, Lekki And Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.