Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? (1720 Views)

How Do I Market And Advertise My Guest House To The Public. / How Do I Market My Yam Flour? / Where Do I Advertise & Market My Business Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
I am planning to mass produce a stretch mark body butter later this year in the uk and import to Nigeria. This body butter will drastically reduce stretch mark. There is no proof that it will completely remove it but evidence suggests that the longer it is used, the better the appearance. It can also help prevent stretch mark. I have put in a lot of effort,money, research and time formulating, testing and planning the lunch. This product is going to contain all natural ingredients and can be used during pregnancy that means no parabens or unwanted chemicals. My questions are

1. It is going to come in 100ml jar and the price is going to be about N3,000. Is this too expensive as I wanted it to be affordable? The ingredients in the butter is the reason its that expensive. If it is too expensive, how much would be fine. 100ml should last for quite some time as it will be used in the affected area only. They is no harm in using it in other areas though.

2. What measures can I take to reduce faking of my product?

3. I was thinking of selling it mainly through online. Is online business feasible.

4. How do I market this product. I am aware that people are fed up of using products that don't work and are no longer willing to try. How do I convince them.

Please you don't have to reply to all the questions. If you can answer only one well that will be fine and if you can answer all it will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by yamakuza: 3:09am On Jan 21, 2012
babygirlfl:

I am planning to mass produce a stretch mark body butter later this year in the uk and import to Nigeria. This body butter will drastically reduce stretch mark. There is no proof that it will completely remove it but evidence suggests that the longer it is used, the better the appearance. It can also help prevent stretch mark. I have put in a lot of effort,money, research and time formulating, testing and planning the lunch. This product is going to contain all natural ingredients and can be used during pregnancy that means no parabens or unwanted chemicals. My questions are

i hope you have NAFDAC Number?

1. It is going to come in 100ml jar and the price is going to be about N3,000. Is this too expensive as I wanted it to be affordable? The ingredients in the butter is the reason its that expensive. If it is too expensive, how much would be fine. 100ml should last for quite some time as it will be used in the affected area only. They is no harm in using it in other areas though.

can u post picture of 100ml bottle?

If its effective, they'll buy it for more than that sef. If!

2. What measures can I take to reduce faking of my product?

package design?

3. I was thinking of selling it mainly through online. Is online business feasible.

not if you want to move large volume(s).

You'll have to signup lots of distributors and figure out a way of getting the product to them in large quantity.

4. How do I market this product. I am aware that people are fed up of using products that don't work and are no longer willing to try. How do I convince them.

u might need to hire a marketing consultant.

Please you don't have to reply to all the questions. If you can answer only one well that will be fine and if you can answer all it will be appreciated. Thanks

hope i tried?
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2012
@ yamakuza
Thank you very very much for your reply.

I am hoping to get a Nafdac number. Its part of all I am doing now.

I have attached the 100ml jar. That picture is without the decoration and design which is still in the process of being done. I have used the product and its effective in drastically reducing stretch mark. I am not promising complete removal but maybe with continious use it will be completely be removed.

Please how do I design the jar to reduce faking of my product. This is important now cos I am at the designing stage now.

While I hope to do large volumes latter this year, I hope to start by making 500 first and observe market reaction before producing more. Do you think Ishould still go for distributors at this stage.

I am happy to hire a marketting consultant if that will help.

Thank you very much for your reply and you more than tried. I really appreciate.

Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by yamakuza: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
babygirlfl:

@ yamakuza
Thank you very very much for your reply.

I am hoping to get a Nafdac number. Its part of all I am doing now.

I have attached the 100ml jar. That picture is without the decoration and design which is still in the process of being done. I have used the product and its effective in drastically reducing stretch mark. I am not promising complete removal but maybe with continious use it will be completely be removed.

3k? Pricing will probably be the last hurdle.

Please how do I design the jar to reduce faking of my product. This is important now cos I am at the designing stage now.

Google?

While I hope to do large volumes latter this year, I hope to start by making 500 first and observe market reaction before producing more. Do you think Ishould still go for distributors at this stage.

u can easily sell 500 online.

Your website should have a link for Distributors to apply.

I am happy to hire a marketting consultant if that will help.

many of them on NL.

Thank you very much for your reply and you more than tried. I really appreciate.

ok.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Thank you very much for the advice and for the message too. I will try the fashion section for pricing.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by yamakuza: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hope you found the packaging and distribution links useful?

Why cant the company currently handling your design incorporate anticounterfeit measures?
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by ifyalways(f): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
OP,to break into the Naija mkt and get to the target audience,I suggest you make direct contacts(which might involve free samples) with some of the beauty and health specialits/houses operating in Naija.Most of them are at Allen,Ikeja.

Those people sabi markeying and promotions die and they have huge followers/clientelle.And as for the price,I think its cool.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ yamakuza

I never new about anti-counterfeiting measures being done at the design stage. They were just designing the jar and all that branding stuff. I will ask the company about it now that you have told me. This branding stuff is taking a lot of time. I did not realise it would take this much time and work.

@ Ifyalways

I will consider the free samples but my concern is it is not a magic cream that would just remove the stretch mark as it works with time. Do you still think there is need for the samples? I am ok to do free samples.

@ yamakuza and Ifyalways

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the replies and advice. Please feel free to give me other advice and tips even though it is not part of my question.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2012
@ Zangiff

Thank you very much. I really appreciate.

What are cheap adds and where do I buy them?
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 22, 2012
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 9:38am On Jan 22, 2012
@ zangiff

Thank you very much for the very informative advice. I have learnt alot.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
More advice pls
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2012
Have you tried the Facebook page yet?
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by Hollowu: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
If you do not mind can we plan some strategies out in making you reach the target you desire? Kindly contact pro consultancy through 07063762023 / 08180927992 or for more communication via facebook, pro_consultancy@yahoo.com! Such a product is expected to be well known.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by igelomo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
I work in a PR/Consumer marketing company. we can help with perception research.

This is my contact.
Ewuoso Adeyomb
adeyombo.ewuoso@sesema.com
www.sesema.com
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 8:47am On Jan 24, 2012
chipmunkey:

Have you tried the Facebook page yet?

I am hoping to start a facebook page as soon as the goods are set to go on sale.i think I will need the pictures.
Re: Advice: How Do I Market My Stretch Mark Body Butter? by babygirlfl: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2012
Thanks everybody for the replies.

(1) (Reply)

Best Place To Buy Wholesale Goods, Ogbete Or New Market? / Bitcoin/altcoin Trading Strategy / Pure Water Factory For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.