Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Deleted - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Deleted (1927 Views)

Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / Microsoft To Mentor 20 Nigerian Start-ups Under Cloudpreneur Project / I Need A Quantity Surveyor To Mentor Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deleted by Jamo90: 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
Re: Deleted by Cuddlemii: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
@op, u don't need to type any further.

Just hook up with Odaeiro and ur female property mgr would be buying u a car in a week.
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
cuddlemii, I'm Serious pls.
I do follow this thread closely and i know you are a very nice lady.
Re: Deleted by iice(f): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
Try finding this guy.
He has alot of write ups in the literature section.
He also posted some details in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-831175.0.html
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
Jamo90:

Profile:         My Name is Jimoh, male, reside in Ojo, Lagos. Studied Human Anatomy. Gained admission at the age of 16, graduated at 20, finished NYSC oct 2011 (i.e 2010 batch C). Obtained three professional  Certification during my Service year and ,  (I think that's enough)

Just curious, what 3 certs were those?

I need a mentor, someone to teach me the Principles and Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, Business mgt, Leadership and Lessons of Life through day to day Coaching.

the 3 certs, if carefully chosen should have covered 1 & 2.

A well chosen uni and course should have covered 3 & 4.

Your objectives as stated seem counter to your expected career path.

I prefer someone who is a Self-made man with Practical Wisdom and a leader that can make me his apprentice. These are the longings of a young man that wants to be in the pages of History books.

apprentice in what way? Donald Trump?

There are many on NL but they wont just jump at you. Your being vague doesnt help.

I understand it's difficult to adopt or help a faceless person on an Online Forum (esp in Nigeria) but take it or leave it, I do not break my Code of Honour.       

For those who want change in this Country, this is your chance to groom and drill a willing young man.

What exactly do you want from them?

Work with them for free?

Q & A Sessions on this thread or by email, phone or chat?

Moderator, I know  I've sinned against thee. I couldn't find a better place. Do a stranger a favour: The front page.
I really need a "GodFather". 

Its like Romance Section is synonymous with Nairaland.

Or is it the other way round?
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
Yamakuza, are u a psychologist. Anyway, let me make it clear. All the university education, professional cert are only to make me booksmart. What i want is someone i can work with for free and who is ready to make me streetsmart (like Donald Trump as you said.)
I know there are a lot of them on Nairaland and i don't expect them to jump on me. All i want from them is to help a fellow Nigerian and a young one for that matter.
Hope I'm no longer Vague.
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
How did Psychology enter this?

I daresay the eQ&A would have been easier but who knows, they might just choose to prove me wrong!

While we have some here, most of the Trumps and Kiyosakis you seek hang out in the Business Section, or is it the Autos Section?

Happy Hunting!
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Thanks alot. I guess this post must be in the wrong section. I'll just wait for a good samaritan or a moderator to help me move it to the business section. Once again, thanks.
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Well, if u dont get offers by Monday, they'll probably move it there.

You still havent answered:

1. How is Psychology involved?

2. What 3 certs did you complete in a year? MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint?
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 6:41am On Jan 22, 2012
When i mentioned psychology i meant your Analytical skills. Ok you want to know about the courses.
1. Project management
2. Strategic management
3.Health, Safety and Environment Level 2 & 3 which is the supervisory level.
I did all these courses to broaden my knowledge and it really paid off. You've been really nice to me by replying my posts. Just do what you can to help a brother. God bless
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 8:33am On Jan 22, 2012
Jamo90:

Profile:         My Name is Jimoh, male, reside in Ojo, Lagos. Studied Human Anatomy.

1. Why not medicine?

2. Why no interest to continue on this path?

Gained admission at the age of 16, graduated at 20, finished NYSC oct 2011 (i.e 2010 batch C).

In those 4 years, what extracurricular activities did you do?

Where and how did you spend your NYSC?

Obtained three professional  Certification during my Service year and ,  (I think that's enough)

- Project Mgt
- Strategic Mgt
- HSE Supervision

Why the sudden urge to go into business?

Why not seek Oil & Gas jobs, gain exposure and capital, meet mentors and then start a company?

You can always start businesses on the side with your fat salary too.

I need a mentor, someone to teach me the

Principles and Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship,
Business mgt,
Leadership and
Lessons of Life

through day to day Coaching. I prefer someone who is a Self-made man with Practical Wisdom and a leader that can make me his apprentice.

if you attended LASU for instance, vacation jobs at Alaba Intl Market say, would have provided these.

Its still not too late, seeing you live in Ojo.

These are the longings of a young man that wants to be in the pages of History books.

I understand it's difficult to adopt or help a faceless person on an Online Forum (esp in Nigeria) but take it or leave it, I do not break my Code of Honour.       

For those who want change in this Country, this is your chance to groom and drill a willing young man.

if you find a way to package all this info into your CV, you should get offers from indigenous/private oil servicing companies which might provide the setting to observe things on a micro level.

Getting close to the CEOs of these successful one-man-businesses might be all you need.

Moderator, I know  I've sinned against thee. I couldn't find a better place. Do a stranger a favour: The front page.
I really need a "GodFather". 

No comments.

We have Godmother too.
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2012
While sending out your polished CV and attending interviews, you might also want to consider:

- Fate Foundation Mentoring Program

- Daystar Leadership Academy

- Enterprise Development Centre, LBS.

They all have a system for connecting you with mentors.
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
I'll take your Questions one at a time.
1. I didn't study medicine simply because of a lot of things that can not be explained here.
2. I served in a southwest state. I spent most of my service year attending conferences, seminars and trying to develop myself.
3. Pls shed more light on those foundations and centres. They might be helpful.

4. You talked about Oil and Gas jobs as if it was that easy. I don't like talking about my background and ordeals. Sometimes you have to live with the fact that if you were not born with a silver spoon, life's gonna be a long tedious walk you must be willing to start. You know it's really frustrating when you are not one of the Fortunate Few (FF). I'm not here to be pitied or consoled about the problems I've faced in life. I'll heartily take responsibility for anything that has happened or will happen to me in this life time.
"I CAN ACT LIKE A MAN". We all need somebody to lean on,
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
Jamo90:

I'll take your Questions one at a time.
1. I didn't study medicine simply because of a lot of things that can not be explained here.
2. I served in a southwest state. I spent most of my service year attending conferences, seminars and trying to develop myself.
3. Pls shed more light on those foundations and centres. They might be helpful.

Google

4. You talked about Oil and Gas jobs as if it was that easy. I don't like talking about my background and ordeals. Sometimes you have to live with the fact that if you were not born with a silver spoon, life's gonna be a long tedious walk you must be willing to start. You know it's really frustrating when you are not one of the Fortunate Few (FF). I'm not here to be pitied or consoled about the problems I've faced in life. I'll heartily take responsibility for anything that has happened or will happen to me in this life time.
"I CAN ACT LIKE A MAN". We all need somebody to lean on,

Ok.
Re: Deleted by violent(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
4. You talked about Oil and Gas jobs as if it was that easy.  I don't like talking about my background and ordeals. Sometimes you have to live with the fact that if you were not born with a silver spoon, life's gonna be a long tedious walk you must be willing to start. You know it's really frustrating when you are not one of the Fortunate Few (FF). I'm not here to be pitied or consoled about the problems I've faced in life. I'll heartily take responsibility for anything that has happened or will happen to me in this life time.
"I CAN ACT LIKE A MAN".    We all need somebody to lean on,

You need some gravel in your guts and some spit in your eye, life's not a walk in the park son, everyone pays their dues,  . .

What you do with your life is entirely your responsibility, combing forums for "self made" mentors will not lead you anywhere, more often than not, you're likely to end up meeting people who will lead you to making wrong choices.

Having finished with school, your focus at this point should be to think of realistic ways of making a living.  No one is going to teach you this, you just have to identify what it is you are capable of and how much can be achieved with the resources available to you,  . .that, son, is the most basic law of the Jungle!

Those you mentioned were born with silver spoons had parents or grandparents who were brave enough to do whatever it took them to survive. 
If you want your kids/grandkids to have those spoons in their mouths at birth,  then you must be bold enough to think differently, brave enough to go after your dreams, and prove yourself talented enough to achieve those things you've always wanted to achieve.
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
Now I've found answers to my Questions.
Violent, you are really on point. I really appreciate your advice.
Yamakuza, I'd love to have someone like you as a brother.

Now I know the best way to get help is to help myself and not from "self made" people. Once again,
Violent and Yamakuza thanks a lot for your advice.
I just need to go out there and be whatever i want to be.
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
Re: Deleted by mcnepow(m): 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
I enjoyed reading thru this thread, hoping to come back to it in 3 to 4yrs time.
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
^
1. Come back and do what?

2. Why 3 to 4 years?
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 4:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hello yamakuza how's work?
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
Jamo90:

Hello yamakuza how's work?

kewl.

Howz urz?
Re: Deleted by mcnepow(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
Jamo90:

Now I've found answers to my Questions.
Violent, you are really on point. I really appreciate your advice.
Yamakuza, I'd love to have someone like you as a brother.

Now I know the best way to get help is to help myself and not from "self made" people. Once again,
Violent and Yamakuza thanks a lot for your advice.
I just need to go out there and be whatever i want to be.

God bless me,
God bless Yamakuza and Violent,
God bless Nairaland.
@Yamakuza. I want to give that much time, pray that he stil remains active on NL and ask him how far the journey has gone. Then we can share experiences on how though been 'disadvantaged' by mother nature, he sailed through the storm.
Re: Deleted by yamakuza: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
^ oops, ok.

Thot u needed the 3 to 4 yrs for urself.

@op: u got urself a challenge!
Re: Deleted by Jamo90: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2012
And I shall definitely Come back to NL to give a testimony of my journey of life. 3 to 4 years is a little too much when there if i can maintain this level of passion and desire! Just watch out
Re: Deleted by mcnepow(m): 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
Jamo, I am also goin to watch out 4 u. wat r u upto at the moment?
Re: Deleted by KinglyKay: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
get in touch with me. I may be able to help. 08057866679.

(1) (Reply)

ICAN/ATSWA Result For March 2017 Diet Is Out / Promote Your Hand-work/skills For Free / How To Have A Quick Career Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.