Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,787 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

---- - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ---- (10245 Views)

UNILAG Is Highest Ranked Nigerian University In Africa / Www.nigerian University News.com: Latest News Updates From All Institutions / Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ---- by Ehimax(m): 11:43am On Jan 23, 2012
Dem put sugar for your mouth U say na bitter leave U won chew. Am in my final year in a Nigerian university currently but if i have the oppurtunity of going to the UK to start allover again i will grab it with both hands without second thoughts.
Re: ---- by success4(m): 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
The best place to study in Nigeria is University of Maiduguri. Go there and study.
You must be kidding! grin grin grin
Re: ---- by Basildon1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2012
This is a really really tough question, absolutely tricky, i tell ya!
Re: ---- by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
Are you kidding me? "embryology sounds like fun to a mad scientist" "Studying in Nigeria sounds crazy"
Impulse80:

U will end up studying animal science
or better still Herbalism, lol
Re: ---- by Natasha2(f): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
No its not, just stay where you are, people here are running there and someone who has the opportunity to stay there wants to come here, wow life and its irony, Sweerie please stay there, by the time jamb jam you, you'll understand, besides the standard of education there is higher and cannot be compared to that which is given here, don't throw you opportunity away because your cousins think you should study here.
Re: ---- by beespak7(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2012
@op

Dont even try it those randy lecturers will harrass you, plus cult boys and the constant Assu lecturers strikes will make feel you fustrated. Just study in the uk .
you can serve your NYSC  in lagos ph or any peacefully part of nigeria to get that nigerian feeling you so crave for.
Re: ---- by ortopazz(m): 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
I believe ur suffering from "fun-eleria" fun? Fun? Whats the fun if u constantly miss lectures becos u dint evn miss the lectures, u simply went to class buh u dint undastand or hear what he the lecturer was blabing, atleast he doesn't k'

Atleast am abou entering Gwags'acadimy, buh The U.k wud av been gr8,walai' dnt let any1 push u, buh av decided that since Nigeria is all av got, I will go in2 skul when F.G AND ASUU R DONE BEEFING EACH OTHER and study!

I bet u dnt evn knw that ASUU are presntly on strike!
Re: ---- by KokoBeware: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
You must be high on something, Abi an trick question be this, ?
Re: ---- by idotman123: 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hey! Please dont mind those people that are telling that u should not study in nigeria. Nigeria has one of the best university located in the NORTH. the name of the university is UNIVERSITY OF BOKO HARAM OF NIGERIA (UBHN). They offer courses such as TERRORISM, BOMB ATTACK, FAST KILLERS etc you don't need jamb or WASSCE, NECO for any admission only what u need is AK47, 2 SKG-bomb etc. Rubbished of you So you see UK you won niaja. You dont even need a prophet tell you that u should run 4-40.
Re: ---- by Haywire99(m): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
Natasha,,:

No its not, just stay where you are, people here are running there and someone who has the opportunity to stay there wants to come here, wow life and its irony, Sweerie please stay there, by the time jamb jam you, you'll understand, besides the standard of education there is higher and cannot be compared to that which is given here, don't throw you opportunity away because your cousins think you should study here.
u got it, by the time jamb jam you, lol
Re: ---- by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2012
Let me tell youi why you SHOULDN'T study in Nigeria.

1. O'level: Waec/Neco/Nabteb Go teac you lesson die, you go waste another 6years writing any of those exams, Just on more paper, maybe Math or English, if you're science student then know it's CHEMISTRY/PHYSICS

2. Jamb: Hahahahaha After Jamb Jam you, then you'll know what it takes to study in naija.

3. Post Utme: After studying very hard, don't be surprise that you didn't get to submit your answer booklet simply because the lecturer/supervisor was busy chatting about nothing, or you didn't even go for the exam simply because you did not hear about the postponement.

4. Addmission: If you know the VC wella, you might end up studying Herbalism! the good part of it is that, it's a 4years course.lol

STAY WHERE EVER YOU ARE, EVEN IF NA NIGER/LIBYA/GHANA. 9ja education doesn't worth it.
Re: ---- by girlkell(f): 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
pls abeg, FuTo aint bad oh, all unis in naija are stressful.all dis ppl sayin trash about futo just culdnt survive or get admision to the school, its a gud school for intelligent and hardworking peeps, bt i dont think pharmacy is offered as a course there,
Re: ---- by youngbest(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
Oga stay where you are naija certificate standard is going down everyday, please does anyone know the name of the song super sport on dstvuses fot afcon 2012, the lyrics is africa oo africa my country land africa africa somtin lik dat sha, you help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: ---- by LEXYLOV: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Thank your God that you posted your mind and got best advices from people here. If not you will blame yourself and your so called cousin. angry
Re: ---- by Dirac(m): 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
girlkell:

pls abeg, FuTo aint bad oh, all unis in naija are stressful.all dis ppl sayin trash about futo just culdnt survive or get admision to the school, its a gud school for intelligent and hardworking peeps, bt i dont think pharmacy is offered as a course there,

If u where in the Physics dept in FUTO u wont be saying this
Re: ---- by Liger: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Adaobi, Some are of the opinion that your cousins don't have your best interest at heart, I think otherwise. That said, their suggestion may or may not be in your best interest.

Your cousins may have suggested you study in Nigeria 'cause they want you to come home, not 'cause the quality of education is anything close to what you'll get if you were to study in a UK university. In my opinion, they may feel that you have a better chance of being successful if you were to settle here as against the UK where competition is so stiff. It may also be that they don't want to loose you "forever" if for instance you were to settle with someone in the UK.

If you enjoyed Nigeria as much as you say you did and settling in Nigeria is an option for you, you can still school in the UK (If you field of choice is not in the sciences, then it may not be all that bad), follow your dream, but endeavor to visit Nigeria often, that way, you'll be in tune and can transition easily.

Whatever you choose to do, always have in mind that if you play your cards right, the odds are in your favour to attain greater heights in Nigeria than any other country.

All the best.
Re: ---- by Litmus: 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
Students from Nigeria are often top performers at UK schools, colleges and Universities. This is a fact, therefore the education in Nigeria can't be that bad. Frankly, the smartest black people in the world are often from Nigeria so what does this tell you about the Universities league table which ranks  Nigerian institutions poorly other than that politics, assumptions and marketing plays a significant role. Nigerians will continue to outperform, outsmart  and surprise the world at the good and bad things that they turn their minds to, out of all Africans , because the education system in Nigeria is naive. This was its strength and weakness.  

Having stated the above, the following are  some of the reasons why you should consider a  UK University. Firstly, in today's world impressions count for much. Thus, though much of UK Universities are rubbish in terms of imparting knowledge on young minds, schooling in the UK still caries prestige. Secondly UK universities, schools and colleges spoon-feed you. Thus qualifying with top scores is easy. In Nigeria, in order to pass biology for instance you had to complete several text books and either  know your topic area like and expert or you had to memories it an fain you knew your stuff like an expert. In the UK you'll probably be shown exactly were the questions are, spellings forgiven, mistakes glossed over etc. I left Nigeria where i struggled and came to Britain and attained a first class degree at a reputable University.
Re: ---- by cyprel(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
Lol, is dis a joke or wot.i am lukin 4 such opportunity nd u r sayin u wnt 2 stay in naija 2 study pharm.nobody go tel u,u go comot by urself.pharm in naija universities is not it.Am also a pharm student in one of d naija universitier.Dearie,i advise u 2 study it in uk.
Re: ---- by Beowulf(m): 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2012
My sister, the previous posters have said it all.

If you really have an opportunity to study in the UK, please in the name of all that is holy, take it.

At this stage, be pragmatic and not sentimental about this.

All the best with however you decide. Just my tuppence.
Re: ---- by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2012
thanks for all of your posts, i appreciate them
Re: ---- by ulnan: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
Is it fun dat ur after or knowledge?I dnt tink is fun cos schooling in d uk is more fun,I tink it's something different dat is attracting.If u ever bow 2ur causins' advice u must b awako,in ninja we spend 7yrs on 4yrs course,so no even tink am my dear
Re: ---- by UKBobo(m): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
Poster - forget these colonial clowns telling you to stay in the UK. Nigeria for Nigerians.

Of course it will be difficult, but there is nothing better than being in a place with your own people who look like you and talk like you. Immersed in your culture and with loving family to offer you emotional, material and spiritual support through tough times.

Any deprivation that you will face, will be counter-balanced by the profound, innate warmth of being in the motherland.

Go and enjoy! grin
Re: ---- by Leffe2010: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
yes it worth it dont let any body decieve u nigeria university is one of the best in the world ok
Re: ---- by Revolva(m): 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
@oster its liek running from Heaven to Hell Fire, are you dumb to post this type of topic
Re: ---- by djunior(m): 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ poster plz i beg u in the name of God to stay and study in uk. I travelled to USA last year to live with my family and i got here and discovered that my certificate is not valued. Nigeria certificate is worth nothing abroad,
Re: ---- by akigbemaru: 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Dipoley2K

You have started your chicanery come-and-travel scam. You no get maga for here jor!!

1 Like

Re: ---- by mpmp: 10:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
@adaobi123
well im 18 years and i have been contemplating to study in nigeria instead of the uk. i have done two years of secondary school in nigeria (jss1-jss2) which i thought was an experience for me which i enjoyed to the max. i went to nigeria during the christmas holiday in 2011 and my family especially my cousins were urging me to study in nigeria in universities like UNN,UNIZIK or FUTO. i have seen all three of the universities and i enjoyed seeing them as i got a tour around them. i plan to study pharmacy. i know the process of getting into university in nigeria jamb, post ume etc. sooooooooo is it worth it?? or should i remain in the uk and do university there.

In fact, this is the first time I will hear of anyone touring Nigerian Universities in order to decide which to go to. I'm flattered. Your statement is like saying: assuming our Universities were Universities in the first place, and you are doing the touring in a dream.

If wishes were horses.

You are not a serious 18-year old o. I hope you kinow the difference between study and fashion parade. Are you sure you physically visited the institutions you mentioned: UNN, UNIZIK or FUTO? or perhaps your tour guides took you to a nigh party which they said is located inside one of your toured Universities? and you think that is what happens every night?

So you have the opportunity to study in the UK and you are busy touring Universities in Nigeria. It is better to go and tour the bar-beach in Lagos or a resort in Calabar, catch your fun real time, than to be touring Universities in Nigeria - and thinking you will get anything defined as an education there.

If 90% of the combined student population in those 3-Universities have an opportunity to check out of Nija tomorrow morning, they will leave.

If you really want to study in Africa, go to Ghana o. They have more of education than we do in Nigeria.

dear all, before your tempers run wild over the above, I am a very patriotic Nigerian citizens, but I like calling a spade a spade, not a spoon.
Re: ---- by jswagg4(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
You are not serious, come school 4 naija naw, in fact,i have a university in my back yard,though non of the courses are accredited,you can come and manage!!, seriously,better stay in the UK
Re: ---- by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 24, 2012
It is easier to go through a needle's eye than to get into a good Nigerian University without connection. I know what I am talking about. I had a super super hot UTME score in 2010 and even bombed the post UTME( a compulsory exam set by Universities) but was not admitted. Just stay there and finish or come back, get into a Uni ( If you are lucky enough), and spend extra years doing what could have been done within 4 years in the UK, because of unnecessary interruptions like the the almost regular Universities strike we experience here cry .
Re: ---- by diva90: 5:29am On Jan 24, 2012
you are better off schooling in the UK. Nigerian educational system has its issues. consistent strikes,low quality of education, high probability that you will grad with no strong background in pharmacy. so stay in the UK
Re: ---- by mexzony: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ beta run †✽ the uk as soon as possible.don't waste ur time here in nigeria cos in all honesty its not worth it.am studying physics in unilag aπϑ its tough with no practicals aπϑ infrastructure aπϑ if  see one slim chance †✽ run i will not hesitate so go †✽ d̶̲̥̅̊ uk aπϑ don't look back.besides their standard is very much higher.don't look back. mean it.
Re: ---- by beldcat(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2012
Y not come to my school (olabisi onabanjo "university" A.K.A osu), it's a good skool. wink cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Esut Acceptance Fee & Upcoming 2nd Admsn Batch 2013/2014 Session. / IPPIS: ASUU To Meet NASS Leaders In Fight Against Payroll System Controversy / Beasts That Could Maul And Kill You In Minutes [Graphic photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.