Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? (14394 Views)

Can Rich Pastors Make Heaven? / Why Do Pple Criticize Rich Pastors / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by habiolah(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
Why Do So Many Nigerians Hate Rich Pastors

I'm wondering why so many people, expecially on NL spew so much hatred at Nigerian Pastors that are rich. Why is this so? Is it simply because they are pastors? Or because they are rich? Or because they are both simultaneously?
Pls just your opinion, no yab anybody pls. Tanks,
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by buzugee(m): 9:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
cuz they are fleecing the flock

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Acidosis(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2012
reason is because many Nigerians are poor. You know poor people hardly like rich people and vice versa. And again, Nigerians are complainers, they always blame the rich for their misfortunes. They blame government, they blame pastors of other congregations, (like a winner blaming T.B Joshua), some even blame c.e.os of their own established companies e.g Dangote. POSTER, I've tried to correct people like that here on nairaland but they are so adamant.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by habiolah(m): 9:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
@acidosis; I couldn't stop nodding to your response to that question, it's full of wisdom
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by plaetton: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
@Op
Rich Pastors?
"Rich Pastor" is a word that should contradict itself, an oxymoron. Any one who sacrifices his life to serve god or jesus should ,naturally, be expected to transcend the " growth by accumulation mindset". That is what should set them apart from the people they shepherd. He should live amongst his sheep, not way above them. Not so? How does a pastor become rich? Kindly point out one Nigerian pastor that was rich before he became a pastor.Thats the real question, and pls dont pretend like you dont know.
You take from the poor, enlarge yourself, and you expect not to be despised?
What planet are you from?

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by habiolah(m): 11:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
@plaetton; you make me laugh.
Jesus promised everyone that forsook anything for his sake that they will gain it a thousand fold in this life and in the next. Paul said it is important that believers minister in carnal things to the ones who minister to them in spiritual things. These people devote time and energy to teach and pray earnestly for the people; are they supposed to do that with hunger? The Jesus that the Bible preaches sure doesn't look like yesterday's leftovers.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by plaetton: 2:01am On Jan 24, 2012
habiolah:

@plaetton; you make me laugh.
Jesus promised everyone that forsook anything for his sake that they will gain it a thousand fold in this life and in the next. Paul said it is important that believers minister in carnal things to the ones who minister to them in spiritual things. These people devote time and energy to teach and pray earnestly for the people; are they supposed to do that with hunger? The Jesus that the Bible preaches sure doesn't look like yesterday's leftovers.

You make me laugh.
I dont know which version of the bible you have been reading, but my (perhaps naive) understanding is that Jesus came to show the way for spiritual salvation, or the redemption of our souls, and not to enlarge our bellies or our pockets. According your new version of the message, it is now a virture to take from the poor to fulfill your own thousand fold whatever?
I guess you do not understand the concept of sacrifice,. If Jesus can sacrifice his own life for your spritiual salvation, why would it be too much for the so-called pastors to sacrifice their lives and attachment to material comfort ? What about eternal life. Has everyone forgotten about that because we all seek instant gratification?.
Is it now a higher calling to sap the poor for god? So greed and gluttony is the new theme of the gospel of jesus?

The Nigerian Pulpit Pimps and their Bling Bling theology are the real cancers that are eating deep into the sacred body of Christ.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 24, 2012
Because Nigerians are ignorant of the word of God.

They are lazy to apply Godly principles and get richer than thier pastors even.

God has said, the world is yours
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2012
East:

Because Nigerians are ignorant of the word of God.

They are lazy to apply Godly principles and get richer than thier pastors even.

God has said, the world is yours

Correct  smiley  also our God is not a Poor God
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by OmoPastor(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2012
@ poster
Many of them are ignorant of the true meaning of "rich". they think being rich is all about money and they have the wrong mentality about Pastors.

On the other hand, we cannot overlook the wrong actions being perpetrated by false pastors who their belly is their god but does that make all rich Pastors bad? No!

I wish these people would study the scriptures to understand who the new creation is and what he has!

Thanks.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by dare2think: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2012
plaetton:

If Jesus can sacrifice his own life for your spritiual salvation, why would it be too much for the so-called pastors to sacrifice  their lives and attachment to material comfort ? What about eternal life. Has everyone forgotten about that because we all seek instant gratification?.

Spiritual salvation is a second matter, these guys must enjoy on earth first because they are not even sure if the heaven they preach is real.

So, they eat their cakes and also hope to have it at the same time.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by habiolah(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2012
@plaetton; I love the naive part of your reply - lol
Jesus said when you seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, that all the things trhat people seek after shall be ADDED unto you. Jesus' sacrifice diddn't mean he was poor, his disciples never went hungry and without clothes because of 'sacrifice'. Some of these pastor have devoted over 40 years of their life unto God's work, and you think it's a problem if they prosper by it? If you have been working for shell company for the last 30 years, how rich do tou think you'll be? Should God perform any less?
@others; I completely agree with you.
@dare2think; are you a xtian? That doesn't mean you can't contribute o, just wanted to know why you said they are not sure that heaven is real. Because these people are more sure that heaven is real than they arre sure that dare2think is human. And spiritual salvation cannot be secondary (for the real ones) because that's what they live to preach.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by dare2think: 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
^^^^^^^

Mr/ Mrs habiolah

I am not against anyone getting rich when they have laboured for it, but getting money in the name of Jesus or Mohamed or God is not labouring.

It is Fraud and deceit. If you work for shell for 30 years of course you deserve all the perks that comes along with it as long as you are not ripping people off.

Pls tell me, is God's place of worship Shell? or a corporation? Both are not similar in anyway.

If a Pastor gets rich working like the rest of his congregation then I he has my deep respect. But if the Pastor gets rich from the financial mechanism of the church whilst those that contribute to tat wealth are still uncomfortable , then he is an opportunist [/b]and a [b]fraud [/b]just as the bible predicted.

At the end of the day all is [b]Vanity

So the main contention is the source of the wealth.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by dare2think: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2012
habiolah:

@dare2think; are you a xtian? That doesn't mean you can't contribute o, just wanted to know why you said they are not sure that heaven is real. Because these people are more sure that heaven is real than they arre sure that dare2think is human.

How do you know these? Can you see into their hearts?

The same questions also applies to me, but I deduce my assertions from the way they behave and their actions.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by habiolah(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2012
@dare2think; call me habiolah
the fact that you think these things does not make them right you know.
Jesus himself had no other job than to declare the kingdom of God from the time his ministry began. He called his disciples away from their professions (Peter was a fisherman, Matthew was a tax collector), and these people never went back to those professions. Apart from Paul, no other Apostle worked for his needs, they were met by God through the people. Even from the old testament, the Levites were specifically instructed not to work and all the other tribes were COMPELLED to provide for the needs of these priests. They do not force money out of the people, God commanded the people to give them. Besides, how can you have time to do any paid job when there are tens of thousands of people waiting on you for prayers and counselling? Think about that!
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by dare2think: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2012
ok habiolah,

We all have the right too believe what we want to believe.

But please, can you show me the passage in which "God commanded people to give them".

Thank you.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by habiolah(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2012
it is commanded that we give unto God, and the priests have a portion of what is given unto God.
Lev 7:31-36
1Kings 17:8-9
Matt 10:41-42
Luke 10:4-8
a matter is established from the mouth of two or three witnesses; I gave you four.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by ndahbros1: 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2012
Freely have ye received and freely shall ye give. Do u guys remember when the Master told d young rich ruler to go sell off his wordly belongings so he will be free to follow the Master witout tots of material belongings distracting him? Wat about big bro, St. Paul who said he will never be a burden to the congregation but will always earn his own living as a tent-maker? Y wasn't Paul d richest man then despite his huge follower-base? Cos he didn't care abt stuff!
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
Because they make all that money from their congregation, and never give back to the society. They use the money to make more money (e.g opening 300k/year universities, airlines, radio stations and so on). They don't engage in any charity work. From them, its all about getting richer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Kolababa: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2012
How do you expect me to praise a pastor that collected N150 million from Turai Yar Adua and the one that collected N3 billion Naira from PDP to mobilise his members for GEJ.
If we start opening their yatch, yawa go gas o. Infact many of them will be stoned.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by highland(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2012
One of the reason so many people didn't understand about these wealthy pastors is that they are rich because they hold the power to wealth which is simply the people following them.

For anyone to become rich is simple, expand the network of people that matters in your life and in short time you will see how your network of influence will increase beyond what you can do for yourself alone. The power of the people going to this churches combined together usually make the pastor strong, rich and influential down to the presidency of many nations beyond the shore of Nigeria.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Kolababa: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
Last time i watched Pope on his visit to Ghana, as highly influntial as the Pope is, he came to Gahana via Alitalia Airlines. Is not that Pope does not have money o buy Private jet. Even if Pope needs a private jet today, he would get 20 due to his influence and position but he doesn't need it. You see Nigerian pastors with 2, 3, 4 private jets. Some even have bodyguards. I work in the airport and i see their extravagant life on daily basis.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
May the wrath of God come upon those who feel that Pastors shouldn't be rich or as rich as they are: Let's take for instance Bishop David Oyedepo, this is a man who haven't had above 3hrs sleep in the last 30years, and have never failed to be in the sanctuary on Sunday within that same number of years, I don't think Dangote himself works, sweat and display as much passion as the bishop of Living Faith Church worldwide does.

Once again may the wrath of God fall on any1 who says, Bishop Oyedepo or Pastor EA Adeboye doesn't deserve to be that rich.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by norrisman: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2012
Cos they get rich of the backs of their dumb morafooking congregation! No one will hate Bill Gates if today he decides to becomes a pastor and starts buying private jets. Why? Because everyone knows his source of wealth. 90% of these so called pastors come from their villages to Lagos with 1 shirt on their back and one in their bag and within a few years of setting up their business erm, I mean church, they start to flaunt their ill gotten wealth without as so much as a pure water business.

How come when all these so called pastors are asked for the source of income they are usually only able to point to is some rather obscure book publishing business. Even Wole Soyinka that won the highest award in the world for literary writing can not boast of a hundreth of the wealth of these fraudsters erm, men of god.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by lahips: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2012
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by abhosts(m): 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2012
I think that hostile mindset towards rich Pastors is mostly borne out of envy.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by ayolinger(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
nwanna89:

Because they make all that money from their congregation, and never give back to the society. They use the money to make more money (e.g opening 300k/year universities, airlines, radio stations and so on). They don't engage in any charity work. From them, its all about getting richer.

Correct grin

habiolah:

@plaetton; I love the naive part of your reply - lol
Jesus said when you seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, that all the things trhat people seek after shall be ADDED unto you. Jesus' sacrifice diddn't mean he was poor, his disciples never went hungry and without clothes because of 'sacrifice'. Some of these pastor have devoted over 40 years of their life unto God's work, and you think it's a problem if they prosper by it? If you have been working for shell company for the last 30 years, how rich do tou think you'll be? Should God perform any less?
@others; I completely agree with you.
@dare2think; are you a xtian? That doesn't mean you can't contribute o, just wanted to know why you said they are not sure that heaven is real. Because these people are more sure that heaven is real than they arre sure that dare2think is human. And spiritual salvation cannot be secondary (for the real ones) because that's what they live to preach.

An Example of a Fanatic Christian,

I'm not against them getting rich, but not at the expense of the wealth of their congregation, and I think the so called Men of God need to start declaring their asset before entering into the Ministry, I see them all as Charlatans except proven otherwise.

I am not an Anti-Christ But Anti-Religion, cos this so called Religion has cost this our Dear Country a lot, we have so many Men of God and A lot of churches scattered all over the country and we are still in this state (Do I hear someone say "Give unto Cesar what is of Cesar and Unto God what is of God?" Bulskit, And they sure have more influence on Nigerians, even greater than that of the Politicians and People tend to respect them more, yet they keep quiet to the wrong that is going on and all I hear is "Pray and Fast for the Nation", Enough of that!, are we against Peaceful Revolution; Or before Christianity or the other was brought into Nigeria, Are we not better off then,

Now I've stop believing in them and All I know is "God Truth is Absolute & He Alone knows Who is for Him and Against Him",
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Dukes83: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
Personally they come off as lying, cheating, stealing, adulterous individuals, which usually take advantage of the fact that most people are religious here in Nigeria, to help further their cause in churches where there is more of a power struggle going on behind the scenes than there is in the government. Trinity House, in Lekki is one such example, the head Pastor whose name I won't mention, has a tendency to ramble on and on about his wealth, (House in Ikoyi), cars (Mercedes Jeeps) & trophy wife more than he does about the word of GOD! In the end he will expect you all to donate to his church, right! All I can say is if you have the money, invest in a church and you can have what he has, a very successful business!
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by stagger: 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
buzugee:

cuz they are fleecing the flock

This is why. Jealous individuals who make statements like this that they cannot back up with proof. I have a classmate who is a pastor, and he uses a different car every year. I have heard outsiders say he takes money from offerings to settle himself. Meanwhile, this guy is from a rich family and is an architect by training who has handled some high profile jobs that only his closest friends are aware of.

What people do not understand, is that if you are in a job where you meet many people of all walks of life, your chance of getting connected to the high and mighty who will facilitate things for you.

Was it Adeboye who went seeking Goodluck Jonathan or the other way round?

I ask anyone who always criticizes pastors: were they created with a different brain, or with an extra head? Stevie Wonder who was born blind is making his money as a blind man. Able-bodied Nigerian men who cannot think of how to make money can only sit and criticize those who do.

In this life we live, the level of your wealth is directly commiserate to your connections. If you interact with bus conductors and vulcanizers, that is where your economic level will be.

If you are a member of the IBB Golf Club, your chances of making money will be enhanced. I met GEJ in 2006 in a Senator's house in Bayelsa because of only one thing: A CONTACT I HAD WHO FACILITATED MY ENTRANCE INTO THAT GET-TOGETHER.

Pastors have contacts. Reverend Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Kris Okotie, Uma Ukpai, Matthew Hassan Kukah, David Ogbueli, Late Oduyemi, Archbishop ICO Kattey, Ayo Oritsejafor, Cardinal Arinze, Cardinal Olubunmi Okojie and co are not poor and they all share one thing in common.

IF THEY ALL GO TO ASO ROCK TODAY, THE DOORS CAN NEVER BE SHUT ON THEM. NEVER. THEY CAN ENTER ANY GOVERNMENT HOUSE IN NIGERIA AND GET AUDIENCE WITH THE PRESIDENT OR GOVERNOR ANYTIME THEY WANT.

But outside goons who do not understand these dynamics of how the Nigerian society and indeed any society works, will open their mouths to talk rubbish.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by Superbrain(m): 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2012
plaetton:

@Op
Rich Pastors?  
"Rich Pastor" is a word that should contradict itself, an oxymoron. Any one who sacrifices his life to serve god or jesus should ,naturally, be expected to transcend the " growth by accumulation mindset". That is what should set them apart from the people they shepherd.  He should  live amongst his sheep, not way above them. Not so?  How does a pastor become rich? Kindly point out one Nigerian pastor that was rich before he became a pastor.Thats the real question, and pls dont pretend like you dont know.  
You take from the poor, enlarge yourself, and you expect not to be despised?
What planet are you from?

Are you for real? Do you know how the Roman soldiers struggled for the garment of Christ before he was crucified? Do you know why? Get real bro. How can a Pastor minister the word of God to people if his life cannot be an evidence of what he preaches about?

@ topic, The answer is simple. The level of poverty being experienced by most Nigerians would never make them come to terms with the fact that men of God ought to prosper. The Pastor puts the word of God to work in his life and gets results. All most people do is complain and remain in the same situation forever.
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by ayolinger(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2012
Dukes83:

Personally they come off as lying, cheating, stealing, adulterous individuals, which usually take advantage of the fact that most people are religious here in Nigeria, to help further their cause in churches where there is more of a power struggle going on behind the scenes than there is in the government. Trinity House, in Lekki is one such example, the head Pastor whose name I won't mention, has a tendency to ramble on and on about his wealth, (House in Ikoyi), cars (Mercedes Jeeps) & trophy wife more than he does about the word of GOD! In the end he will expect you all to donate to his church, right! All I can say is if you have the money, invest in a church and you can have what he has, a very successful business!  

Azin datz D Way Forward

stagger:

This is why. Jealous individuals who make statements like this that they cannot back up with proof. I have a classmate who is a pastor, and he uses a different car every year. I have heard outsiders say he takes money from offerings to settle himself. Meanwhile, this guy is from a rich family and is an architect by training who has handled some high profile jobs that only his closest friends are aware of.

What people do not understand, is that if you are in a job where you meet many people of all walks of life, your chance of getting connected to the high and mighty who will facilitate things for you.

Was it Adeboye who went seeking Goodluck Jonathan or the other way round?

I ask anyone who always criticizes pastors: were they created with a different brain, or with an extra head? Stevie Wonder who was born blind is making his money as a blind man. Able-bodied Nigerian men who cannot think of how to make money can only sit and criticize those who do.

In this life we live, the level of your wealth is directly commiserate to your connections. If you interact with bus conductors and vulcanizers, that is where your economic level will be.

If you are a member of the IBB Golf Club, your chances of making money will be enhanced. I met GEJ in 2006 in a Senator's house in Bayelsa because of only one thing: A CONTACT I HAD WHO FACILITATED MY ENTRANCE INTO THAT GET-TOGETHER.

Pastors have contacts. Reverend Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Kris Okotie, Uma Ukpai, Matthew Hassan Kukah, David Ogbueli, Late Oduyemi, Archbishop ICO Kattey, Ayo Oritsejafor, Cardinal Arinze, Cardinal Olubunmi Okojie and co are not poor and they all share one thing in common.

IF THEY ALL GO TO ASO ROCK TODAY, THE DOORS CAN NEVER BE SHUT ON THEM. NEVER. THEY CAN ENTER ANY GOVERNMENT HOUSE IN NIGERIA AND GET AUDIENCE WITH THE PRESIDENT OR GOVERNOR ANYTIME THEY WANT.

But outside goons who do not understand these dynamics of how the Nigerian society and indeed any society works, will open their mouths to talk rubbish.

Cos they work hand in hand, so they are always welcome, can you visit one of their residence or the  main one the same way they visit Aso Rock above?, I bet u will be scared after being interrogated by the guard at the gate, not to talk of the one at the door,

abhosts:

I think that hostile mindset towards rich Pastors is mostly borne out of envy.

Lay more emphasis please,
Re: Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? by dare2think: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2012
1. Leviticus 7:6-10
6 Every male among the priests may eat of it. It shall be eaten in a holy place. It is most holy. 7 The guilt offering is just like the sin offering; there is one law for them. The priest who makes atonement with it shall have it. 8 And the priest who offers any man's burnt offering shall have for himself the skin of the burnt offering that he has offered. 9 And every grain offering baked in the oven and all that is prepared on a pan or a griddle shall belong to the priest who offers it. 10 And every grain offering, mixed with oil or dry, shall be shared equally among all the sons of Aaron

I read the verses preceding these verses, and from what I gathered the Lord was speaking to Moses, who in turn  commanded the people of Isreal and gave them the above instructions.

Habiolah, are you a Jew?

God did not tell moses to instruct you to do the above. He instructed moses to tell the Jews to do the above;

22 The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 23 “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, You shall eat no fat, of ox or sheep or goat.

Whoever informed you that lev 7, 6-10 equated to giving to Pastors is a
fraud.

2. 1Kings 17:8-9
8 Then the word of the LORD came to him, saying, 9 “Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.”

To me this is just a matter of English comprehension. The Lord "came to him", Elijah, and instructed him to go to sidon where he instructed a widow to provide for him.  That instruction was for Elijah and not for you or me or any Pastor. How did you then come to the conclusion that God 'commanded people to give them' from 1Kings 17:8-9? when the only people in the verse God commanded is the widow and Elijah.

3. Matt 10:41-42
41He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward 42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
42And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Again, just a matter of comprehension.  Jesus said 'He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward'. A very simple statement, [b]pls how did you arrive to the conclusion God 'commaded us to give'?
In verse 42, it is clearly stated that 'whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only, '  When you imply that we give to these men in relation to these verses I only hope that you are talking of 'Cold Water', only then will it be appropriate to align your insinuations and the verse.[/b]

4.Luke 10:4-8
4Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
5And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
6And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
7And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
8And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

Pls, tell me that those you say "God commanded people to give them" are amongst the seventy the lord appointed in verse 1. Because those were the ones the Lord instructed in verse 4-8 to undertake the eating and the drinking. Furthermore, the never instructed them to collect money. Eating and drinking as stated in verse 7.

So please tell me, where did God instruct you and I (not Jews) to give to men parading themselves as men of God? The instructions in the verses you provided were for specific people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? / I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.