Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable (3262 Views)

Advise On Opel Zafira / Advise Me On Opel Sintra / Advice On Opel Astra 2000 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable by hapi4eva: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2012
i seek the advise of everyone on opel products? i want to know if the parts are affordable and easily accessible in lagos, please i need your kind advise on the opel products and what you think of it, thank you and god bless
Re: Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable by beeyee18: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
i would say you should stay away from opel cars.well my personal experience. i have an opel sintra for sale,wanna sell it as scrap cuz i cant find the brain box,i didnt use it up to a year.
Re: Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable by aeu1: 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
beeyee18: i would say you should stay away from opel cars.well my personal experience. i have an opel sintra for sale,wanna sell it as scrap cuz i cant find the brain box,i didnt use it up to a year.

an Opel omega owner confirms brainbox as. major problem of the brand, his was converted to Benz brainbox by an Electrician that specialized in ECU repairs, look for one, ths is a way out
Re: Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable by flexya: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
Well, my view is sligtly different in terms of their reliability. I used an opel kadett aka Astra for 3 trouble free years. NEver heard of them havin brain box issues else models live cavalier, vectra and Nova wont have been big sellers in Europe. However, I wont rule out thr possibility of nigerian mechanics disturbing the brain of any vehicle. Dont they affect the brain of most owners?
I bought my kadett used and it was 17yrs old then. So very used. But thats was in the UK.
However, that for me, speaks volume for its reliability.

Gettin parts for them in Nija is another issue. Vauxhall/Opel/Ford r not so common in Nija, which means parts migt be rare. Interestingly though, when u find parts, they are cheaper than the more common makes/model. Ask owners of siennas and camry pencil how expensive parts r. Its called supply and demand rule. Higher demand means higher pricing.

If the car has been well maintained and its well priced, go for it.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable by Nkpume12: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
What about Nissan Primera 2004 model. Are the parts also scarse in Nigeria. Is it readily convertible from RHD to LHD and what is the cost of the conversion. Please I need answers from any informed person or persons in Nigeria. Kind Regards

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2008 Not Accelerating / Advice On Uber / Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.