Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,338 members, 7,839,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Timaya: The New Guy On The Block - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Timaya: The New Guy On The Block (8274 Views)

New Guy On The Block(jidenna) Classicman / [VIDEO] Sarkodie Ft. Ace Hood – New Guy (studio Session) / Timaya Ft D'banj - Mind Over Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by morak: 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2007
Qbeat N Mobb family i think they koo http://myspace.com/365naijaboi http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/365naijaboi http://loud.com/morakinyo Holla atcha boi come checkh out my new muzik leave a comment N let me know wat u think am doin it real big Holla atcha boi 365naijabitch
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by Ifeniyi22(m): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2007
The guy has been ruling the airwaves in the east for quite a while. i was beginning to wonder when the 'fever' was going to spread to other parts of the country especially the south.Nice
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by saucekid(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2007
the guy is also making waves in lagos
was in a mega show recently
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by coolboyapg: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2007
too much joo love the guy GOOD MUSIC especially timaya
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by sy2000(f): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2007
I don't like his song. The song is ala boring like crazy. I didn't dig it when i heard it. I am not even joking y'all. When my sis's boyfriend brought the CD from 9ja i tot it would be hot like Yahoozeee and Bizzy Body. It was too repetative. Too much Timaya in the damn music. He said Timaya like every line or everyother line of the lyrics. Are u serious?

Everybody call me Timaya
, Timaya
, Timaya
, Timaya
, Timaya

I just couldn't stand a second more of the music. Gushhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by Rams(m): 2:26am On Dec 27, 2007
sy2000:

I don't like his song. The song is ala boring like crazy. I didn't dig it when i heard it. I am not even joking y'all. When my sis's boyfriend brought the CD from Nigeria i tot it would be hot like Yahoozeee and Bizzy Body. It was too repetative. Too much Timaya in the damn music. He said Timaya like every line or everyother line of the lyrics. Are u serious?

Everybody call me Timaya
, Timaya
, Timaya
, Timaya
, Timaya

I just couldn't stand a second more of the music. Gushhhhhh!!!!!!!!

You completely missed the point of the song. He is introducing himself, I think thats his first single so on that song he repeats his name to make it stick. He wants you to know who this is.

Many artists do it, it is not uncommon. For example, Eminem's first single was, "My name is, "
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by sy2000(f): 3:06am On Dec 28, 2007
Ok watever, the fact is that i get tried of redundant stuff. I didn't like Eminem's single too when it first got out. i guess i just have a problem with that. No offence
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by stick2clem(m): 2:19am On Jan 02, 2008
If you no like the guy u wudnt have say something hear for God sake, go mtv, go ahead and listen to musics there, this is 9ja thing, if we no hear the song, na who go hear it?? bone , dey ur side. no offense please.
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by naijabelle: 3:55am On Jan 02, 2008
Timaya has potential. He's first single is really catchy and the beat is crazy. A good dj that mix his first single well at a party will make the crowd go crazy.
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by Mustay(m): 6:40am On Jan 02, 2008
. , .
naijabelle:

Timaya has potential. He's first single is really catchy and the beat is crazy. A good dj that mix his first single well at a party will make the crowd go crazy.

and his lyrics
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by Mustay(m): 8:21am On Jan 02, 2008
Rams:

You completely missed the point of the song. He is introducing himself, I think thats his first single so on that song he repeats his name to make it stick. He wants you to know who this is.

Many artists do it, it is not uncommon. For example, Eminem's first single was, "My name is, "

how many times did u hear eminem's name in the track?

or how many times did he say SLIM SHADY
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by kayman2u(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2008
Timaya hot like fire oo,
Gosh , i could'nt believe i have been grooving to an old buddie's song all this while until i confirmed from sum old classmate of mine today. The face on that album barely looks like the timi i once knew and believe me he has really changed.

Believe me this guy is just destined for the mainstream entertainment industry. I can recall we went to the same secondary school and were in the same class in SS1L as art students in IKGS oshodi bck in 2001. His real name is Timi.

I know him to be this kind down to earth guy, very funny( u'll always have sumthing to say anytime he steps into the class) , mischievious and always making use of all available free period in class to sing & rap while drumming with his chest and desk,always running from teachers cos he can't just be serious for a second .

The main thing that endeared me to him was that despite his seeming unserious nature , his command of english language was excellent and he was a ladies man , always had enough ''effizi'' on his school uniform( Not the correct school uniform) .

Despite the fact that we all looked down on him as a ''never do well'' back then , am just happy he channeled his God given talent to a more productive use as against all the vices we knew him for then and he's making the best out of his new celebrity status.

The main lesson here be say ''NO BE EVERY BODY GO BE GRADUATE BEFORE THEY HAMMER ''. Just follow your dreams religiously and guard them jealously irrespective of what people think or say , and the sky is the limit .

Thumbs up Timmy
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by dominique(f): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2008
@ mustay

cut the guy some slack okay, i think he really has potentials. i've heard my story and it wasnt bad, sounds la bit ike african china.
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by 9ja4eva: 4:03am On Jan 03, 2008
D guy too much oh
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by OEPHIUS(m): 6:50am On Jan 03, 2008
would not waste my money on his album or my time litening to it

i nominate him for the top 20 wack artiste of the year 2007
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by 9ja4eva: 2:04am On Jan 04, 2008
lol

Dts pure hate
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by Mustay(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2008
e'one z entitled to their opinion but also I
OEPHIUS:

would not waste my money on his album or my time listening to it

Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by Blackwax: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
There's an even better singer that is blowing up all over PH. His name is Keeno and his song "My Mama is a big hit"

Check him out on www.myspace.com/keenoekobeats
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by 9ja4eva: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2008
Timaya na star
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by olajideolaolorun(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2008
awon GONGO OSHI!!!!! Owo oshi wo lo ni ton spend lori album, warey! lol.
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by tosinadeda: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2008
princessa where are u o!!!
na timaya thread be dis o!!!

dem dey call me timaya
na me be the
eperipapa one of bayelsa cool
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by ajayi1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2008
roflmao ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by sopenz(m): 6:48am On Feb 22, 2009
i don't like his songs.they all sound alike.repeating d same lyrics in all his songs
Re: Timaya: The New Guy On The Block by UNLEASHED(m): 7:31am On Feb 22, 2009
I like some of his songs like "BAYELSA OTU" [size=5pt]though i don't understand[/size] smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013 Nigerian Independence Parade New York (Video) (serious Gyration) / (latest Music Video Update)get Latest Mp4/mp3 Here.. / Shallipopi - Shakespopi (Album EP) Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.