Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith (2807 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Is Thinking Of Your Wife While Self-servicing Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by tbaba1234: 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Liam Neeson: I may become a Muslim
Catholic movie star is thinking about changing faith

HOLLYWOOD star Liam Neeson is considering giving up his Catholic belief and becoming a Muslim.
The actor, 59, admitted Islamic prayer "got into his spirit" while filming in Turkish city Istanbul.

He said: "The Call to Prayer happens five times a day and for the first week it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing.

"There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim."

Liam was raised in Northern Ireland as a devout Catholic and altar boy and was named after the local priest.

But the star — whose wife Natasha Richardson died aged 45 in a skiing accident in 2009 — has spoken about challenges to his faith.

He said: "I was reared a Catholic but I think every day we ask ourselves, not consciously, what are we doing on this planet? What's it all about?

"I'm constantly reading books on God or the absence of God and atheism."

Liam was criticised in 2010 after claiming Narnia lion Aslan — voiced by him in the movies — is not based on Christ as CS Lewis had claimed but in fact all spiritual leaders including Mohammed.

His latest film The Grey, about an oil drilling team who crash in freezing Alaska, is released in the UK on Friday.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4083596/Liam-Neeson-news-Liam-Neeson-is-thinking-about-becoming-a-Muslim.html

The Athan
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX3U-BGDedc&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by LagosShia: 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
front page please!

at least,this isn't a claim like the "kuwaiti prince's conversion to christianity".it is a confirmed report.

so let us test nairaland.
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Nabilah: 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
Welcome Liam!
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by maasoap(m): 8:27am On Jan 26, 2012
I didn't know that somebody has beaten me in posting this topic. People are really embracing Islam all over the world despite their aggressive campaign to tarnish Islam and portray it as evil.
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by IbroSaunks(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2012
Nabilah:

Welcome Liam!
but he isn't a Muslim yet.
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 26, 2012
what makes the difference if a catholic converts to islam? this is no news! It could make meaning to me if the man had proclaim he is

born again, but then see what John had to say:

1 John 2:19 - They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they
would have remained with us; but their going showed that non of them belonged to us.

May God open our spiritual eyes and ears in Jesus Name
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 26, 2012
East:

what makes the difference if a catholic converts to islam? this is no news! It could make meaning to me if the man had proclaim he is

born again, but then see what John had to say:

1 John 2:19 - They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they
would have remained with us; but their going showed that non of them belonged to us.

May God open our spiritual eyes and ears in Jesus Name

Thanks my Brother, I was about to say it.

From darkness to darkness, same spirit different religion  shocked
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by BIGERBOY1: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2012
Mehn thal call to prayer was just it. Beautiful. And the meaning was just what nobody there or anywhere for that matter could question. Would anyone argue with the fact that " there is no diety worthy of worship other than Allah" ?
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Lasinoh: 10:41am On Jan 27, 2012
Confused mind.
From one pedo-philic pillar to another pedo-philic post! cheesy
From ra-ping small boys to ra-ping small girls!
Ha!
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by EvilBrain1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
So some random oyimbo is thinking about converting. Please explain to me why I should give a sh1t.
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
how is it front page news kia! nonsense. Na if obama wan convert to islam, ehen we go talk front page
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Judek2(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
[1 John 2:19] - They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that non of them belonged to us.[/b]

There are many in this world who claim to be Christians, but
are not. Being a Christian does not mean being an American or having white skin. Being a Christian does not mean recognizing that Jesus was a great teacher or even seeking to follow His teachings. Being a
Christian means being a representative of Christ and a follower / servant of Christ. There are people who have had some connection to a “Christian” church and then later renounced that connection. There are people who have “tasted” and “sampled” Jesus Christ, without ever actually receiving Him as Savior. However, there is no such thing as true ex-Christian. A true Christian will never, and could never, renounce the faith. Any person who claimed to be a Christian, but later rejects the Christian faith, was never truly a Christian.
Re: Liam Neeson: May Become A Muslim, Catholic Star Is Thinking About Changing Faith by Rich4god(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2012
SMH at comment. 9ja is realy doomed. If only we argue about educational issue the way we argue over religion, or if only we can brainstorm and invent life changing things the way we brainstorm to defend our religion, then i think 9ja would have been far more develop than this. God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Why So Many Atheists In The Religion Section? / What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? / I Took Off My UNDERWEAR..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.