Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 (3869 Views)

SOLD SOLD. Nigerian Used Mercedes Benz Jeep.550k08169446319 / Neat Nigerian Used Benz M.l. Benz Jeep / Mercedes Benz Jeep ML430 2001 Model Toks Forsale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by freshmoney(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2007
Just bought a Mercedes Benz Jeep ML430 2001 Model for NGN1.85 million. Got it from Cotonou anyway. Just wondering if it goes the same price like Nigerian similar model amount. sad
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by sultaan(m): 6:13am On Oct 14, 2007
Pics to prove it.otherwise you just blowing smoke.
A V8 Mercedes for that price is impossible unless stolen, or fron New Orleans.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by kimba(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2007
whats with New Orleans?
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Acura Honda, Mercedes Benz Jeep, what more again?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That vehicle better not be wet. In perfect condition, it's so problematic, let alone being flooded.

@Sultaan,

His price might be overpriced (considering the reliability of the Mercedes he is talking about). The price isn't even worth it. It's a cheap vehicle in design with severe electrical problems and needless high mechanical maintenance.

@Kimba
A lot of salvage vehicles were recovered after New Orlean's Katrina.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by freshmoney(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2007
Ivvie:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Acura Honda, Mercedes Benz Jeep, what more again?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That vehicle better not be wet. In perfect condition, it's so problematic, let alone being flooded.

@Sultaan,

His price might be overpriced (considering the reliability of the Mercedes he is talking about). The price isn't even worth it. It's a cheap vehicle in design with severe electrical problems and needless high mechanical maintenance.

@Kimba
A lot of salvage vehicles were recovered after New Orlean's Katrina.

@Ivvie I wonder why you are full of contempts over these vehicles. Once you buy a car in good and reliable condition, there is no cause for you to be doubting over its not functioning good or not. Besides, if you see the car, you will be tempted to snatch it from me! grin grin
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2007
@Freshmoney

lol

I wouldn't want to snatch an M Class from you, I don't like an M Class and will not ever. I own three cars and a Mercedes happens to be one of them. I wouldn't buy a car that I have not researched on and gone around asking questions that may seem stupid. An unreliable and worse undependable car is an experience one is not ready to deal with and I know you are on the same level with me. I have been a Mercedes fan since my pre teen and studied their engineering over the years starting from it's history.

I can see that I wrong somewhere, you are trying to make a sale. I must assume that your vehicle is clean. I wasnt coming harsh on you, just pointing an opinion. Someone mentioned New Orleans and I explained. I did not say your car was among the number of Katrina flooded vehicles either.

Smile and lets be friends - I'm a friendly person smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Honda29: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2007
@Ivvie,

Please how do we tell if a car is "wet" (salvaged flooded car)? I am trying to buy a car but the uncertainty sorrounding the cars brought to Nigeria is encouraging me to travel to Germany to get my car even if it ends up costing me more.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2007
This is independent to the Poster thread

I have no experience on cars just the knowledge and engineering that causes them to function and malfunction. I'm the wrong person to ask but narrowminded info (if you don't mind). Keep in mind, a car wet can never function the way it was designed to function except you replace every single component (you might as well buy another car).

A flooded vehicle would give you all the electrical problems you can imagine. It'll stall on the way. If it was completely submerged in water, printed tags such as one fitted at the side of the indash radio would have been washed off (ink). You can run a carfax report (there is a cost). Humid/moisture odour (or moist when left under the sun i.e if it's been recent) and plenty more. As long as the battery is plugged in and you crank the car for use, everything is deteriorating.

Some people would look at it and tell you instantly without running tests. There are major tests that could be done. If no one's able to answer, I'll get it within a week from today.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by shaiguy(m): 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2007
@ Honda29

You don't need to travel to get your own car friend

**EDITED to remove sales pitch**
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Honda29: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2007
Many thanks to you all.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by sultaan(m): 6:10am On Oct 22, 2007
Everytime we start educating ourselves with real isses on this forum, someone always try to make a sale or cut a deal. We are turning a forum into a market shocked

Mercedes had a lot of recalls due to electronic problems and it affected their sales.Even KIA had better quality than $80k Benz. Toyota is going through quality hot water with their new Camry right now.Caddy is up on quality so Mercedes is not really selling well used.People are not willing to pay huge repair bills, which is why it is often offloaded when warranty runs out.

@ freshmoney

Show me the pics of the ML in Naija.I still think your story is Boooogus(clickandclack)
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by shaiguy(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2007
@sultan

Bros i checked out a couple of your past posts before i made this entry and it seems you always have something "wise" to say about almost everything anyone says. Bros you need to take a chill pill.

First and foremost, i don't work for smartbudgets, i don't get a commission off sales.
Bought a couple of cars from them in the past and even referred others. People deserve to know where they can buy their cars from without any fear of being sold a scrap, or don't you think so. Did i ask anybody to mention my name when they make their enquiries?

The guys are the most honest, straightforward cars dealers i have ever dealt with(maybe except for viperman o!! grin) and i just tot i share them with others

Kapish
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2007
Sultaan

Mercedes cut their quality by 2/3 after the 16v Evo baby Benz made its debut.  It was announced and finally, the last over-engineered Mercedes ('98 S600) was going to be the last of its kind ever to be designed and manufactured because of the research and time.  It took almost 15 years to design the W140.  The next line up of Mercedes' were flops and people complained.  In '98, the current CEO that made the decision retired with a huge bonus.   Last year, the $200,000 Mercedes was deemed the most unreliable car of the year by consumer reports and Mercedes fought back.

Engineers use to run the marketing and the finances of Daimler Benz AG till Chrysler merged.  The pressure was also compounded when Lexus was gradually taking the market because you could get virtually the same experience with the fraction of the cost of a Mercedes in a Lexus.

True, they are having recalls and issues but it's the only car that you'd have that after 300,000 miles, it still drives like new and going.  It may have a huge impact on your wallet but it's up to the owner. Aerodynamics, fuel injection technology, frictionless travel of the piston to its surroundings is a factor that any fan isn't willing to let go. The sad thing is that today's benzes are built in mexico.

@Shaiguy

What Sultaan has said is very true.  It is very clear that he has a detailing personality and I respect him for that.  Today's Camry is a mess.  It is so trendy in Houston that a Nigerian (settled with a family) must have a Camry.  It's problematic and the main disrespectful feature of that vehicle is that sometimes, it downshifts when you apply the brakes.  I noticed this when it downshifted twice on the freeway and the engine revved wildly.  It also made the news at one time that it revs on it's own thus picking up speed.  Toyota attributed the problem to the floor mat.  Fools would buy that story.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2007
Sultaan

You are right about the purpose of this forum. We are suppose to share our understandings/information about cars and not marketing cars. It's suppose to be like a nigerian version of swedespeed or benzworld. We have derailed seriously. There isn't a problem making sales on one or two threads but it's main purpose shouldn't be a usedcars.com alternative.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by shaiguy(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ Sultan & Ivvie

Your points have been taken.

My previous post has been edited, the sales picth has been remove sad
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2007
Shaiguy

Nobody is saying you cannot put an advert. Other car enthusiast forums have people that put ads but the forums are for enthusiasts or people wanted to learn a little more. What Sultaan is trying to emphasize is that a lot of people with no credibility are hoping in and out with cars that deem fraudulent (no cars) or people trying to play a fast one on people's intelligence. That's all! The very first post I replied against those that accused Viperman of stealing a Jaguar because it was unreasonably low was based on its specification and not how fancy it was. It's been months now and he is established here. He is the only one that I know that has established credibility and has nothing to hide when advertising. Great men started from small beginnings. On the other hand, there are others that wouldn't even post a picture or would extract from eBay and make something bogus. Now, that is what is being rampant. You did foil an egg that was about to hatch concerning the Path Finder. You provided a point of contact as well as eMail. Many don't do that. Money isn't fished for in the sea and we have people that cyber steal, defrauding people and that is what I believe Sultaan was addressing. We should understand people, he is detail-oriented.

Re-edit your post and put back your advert and contact information. It's not easy for a plant breaking loose from the soil as it springs up in germination. You'll earn your credibility too.

Nobody is in any position to bar people from making a honest living and advertising here on Nairaland.

Cheers.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by sultaan(m): 6:03am On Oct 24, 2007
shaiguy:

@sultan

Bros i checked out a couple of your past posts before i made this entry and it seems you always have something "wise" to say about almost everything anyone says. Bros you need to take a chill pill.

I'm blushing right now becos I consider your statement a compliment grin. Unfortunately you are my #2 stalker; #1 is the tree hugger from California, promise72.

It is good to be wise dealing with Naijas, otherwise person wey no get bicycle go turn car dealer online.They'll tell you they wan sell cheap car quick quick bring money come inspect car they snatch money wring your neck. If person get car to sell show pic of car in Naija, not from online images.

Few people buy cars from dealers to resell in naija, profit margin is reduced when you consider a $2000 import duty. A US dealer car pic raises my brows.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by promise72(m): 7:34am On Oct 25, 2007
@ sultaan,

Me a Tree Hugger? You've got me mixed up. Dont know where/when your fantasy began about me stalking you. If you've made a Bad call, i'll check you on it. Straight and simple. You must have said something thats not true or worse, stupid.  undecided
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by sultaan(m): 7:45am On Oct 25, 2007
Hey man welcome back. Where have you been?
California is the tree hugger state so we had to get ya"ll a Hummer Gov.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by promise72(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2007
hey,

howdy? let me remind you that California has the most vehicles on the road in the US. So we cant be much of a tree hugger. And yes, our Governor can beat up your Governor grin
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by sultaan(m): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2007
With your emission requirements! my lawnmower won't be allowed in your state grin

Yes your Gov. needs to get off his steriods so that he can start having his male periods grin

We are still waiting for a pic of the ML430 in Naija.

So, what have you been up to.You've been quiet for a while so I had to find more feathers to rustle. lipsrsealed
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by promise72(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2007
@ Sultaan,

i guess you'll have to find someone else. im a born again christain now wink. i will pray for you anytime you run your mouth bou me! However, remember, a tiger never loses its spot. i still got fire in my belly. cool

Ive just been reading most of the post. Most ppl are interest in buying so since i dont have anything to sell i just keep quiet. i leave them to viperman. the wheeler/dealer.

im putting my gameplan together for 08 tho. trying to obtain my dealers license here (2 many hoops to jump) and see where i go from there.

What u been up to? You and elder Statemen Ivvie and Democrat formerly known as King Old Glory
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 1:42am On Oct 26, 2007
promise72:

@ Sultaan,

i guess you'll have to find someone else. im a born again christain now wink. i will pray for you anytime you run your mouth bou me! However, remember, a tiger never loses its spot. i still got fire in my belly. cool

Ive just been reading most of the post. Most people are interest in buying so since i don't have anything to sell i just keep quiet. i leave them to viperman. the wheeler/dealer.

im putting my gameplan together for 08 tho. trying to obtain my dealers license here (2 many hoops to jump) and see where i go from there.

What u been up to? You and elder Statemen Ivvie and Democrat formerly known as King Old Glory [i][/i]

What I'm up to? Reading how you demonstrate your nuisance value. Keep your issues to yourself.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by promise72(m): 5:29am On Oct 26, 2007
@ Ivvie,

Pls dont speak until you are spoken to. Small pikin no dey put mouth for adult talk. go sit in a corner it will soon be your turn grin

Is it me or cant you read at the top that its addressed to Sultaan. Dont make me,
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2007
@Promise

,  make you what?  You don't know who you are talking to.  Did you or did you not mention my name Mr. Born Again warrior?!  You must not know spiritual authority.  You are yet to have a broken/contrite spirit and the normalcy of a spiritual man.  Christian's don't fight or make trouble.  You carry peace everywhere you go.  Don't start a brawl with me.  You cannot face the consequences.  I won't touch nor say a thing to you.  It's a simple matter of lifting your case up.  Weren't you thought that people shouldn't be mocked?  People watch their tongues.  Don't start what you cannot handle.    Sincerely!  Just kindly hold your peace.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by sultaan(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2007
Naijas, just can't get along. You don turn Viperman's sale thread(one of too many) into battle ground for e-ego.

Why don't we open another thread that deals with the technical issues that wii arise from all these under 8 years tokunbos in naija while mechanics are still changing "rubber" for N35k(2x) on auto transmission. Why they keep adding gear oils to transmission fluids, and share our mechanic experience.

Siena is probably the only one not going thru a male"hot flash", so I will be honored to have him open a "non-sale" thread.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by promise72(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ Ivvie,

Mr Bragadocious,

this is really not the forum to start Sh#@!. however, be careful of what you wish for. If you want peace youve got it and if otherwise,   don't be fooled by the Christian stuff. I'm a P/T Christian. Ready for whatever because of people like you.

My blood is boiling just typing this wondering how the heck we got here,  Please slow your roll. Check yourself before,

A word is enough for the wise. And please spell check. The word is TAUGHT not "thought". But well,  i guess you don't think, it might explain why you don't know the difference.

For the last time, please give this a rest. Don't bark up the wrong tree.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2007
@Sultaan

I actually got the true picture when you discussed about the profit margin when you have to clear the cargo from the port @ $2000.  Shipping from the U.S. is at least $1500.  Combining one and the other together, there is a lot of missing links.  

Opening another thread will be a good idea.  Bringing non-tropicalised cars to a tropicalised region ,  Selling cars that can't be sold or registered because they are deemed unsafe and not road-worth.  Cars that have been "wet."  Bogus threads about cars that don't even exist and so on.  Some of the vehicles are even stolen.
Re: Just Bought A Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml430 2001 by Ivvie: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2007
promise72:

@ Ivvie,

Mr Bragadocious,

this is really not the forum to start Sh#@!. however, be careful of what you wish for. If you want peace youve got it and if otherwise,   don't be fooled by the Christian stuff. I'm a P/T Christian. Ready for whatever because of people like you.

My blood is boiling just typing this wondering how the heck we got here,  Please slow your roll. Check yourself before,

A word is enough for the wise. And please spell check. The word is TAUGHT not "thought". But well,  i guess you don't think, it might explain why you don't know the difference.

For the last time, please give this a rest. Don't bark up the wrong tree.

Let that blood boil!  As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come (Prov 26 .2).  Your threats are empty.  You can't do anything.  You started it, deal with it.  You don't call people names and still eat your cake.  I won't be the one to deal with you neither will I wish you any harm.  The one who will fight for me will answer you accordingly and you can't run from HIM. 

Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Foton View Mini-bus / 2003 Mitsubishi Space Wagon For Lease / Bmw 645i Coupe 2006 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.