Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,544 members, 7,770,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:30 AM

2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 (17968 Views)

Lagos Real Estate/ Omonile Land Scams Exposed! Learn how not to be Conned / Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully / Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by hbrednic: 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2012
nice work de-law,as detailed as always.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by igbanbajo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2012
bookmarked.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Actionleap: 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2012
@Okotami or what, no make me slap you o! This na our S.A.M. I met lawyer on this forum and took a blind trust to help me verify a house i wanted to buy in Ogba. He did the job so well. He did not ask me for any money until the deal was sealed and documents delivered to me. I couldn't pay him all his fees; in fact i was able to pay only 40% then. I started repairs so as to physically take possession of the property, then i lost my mum through an operation, i had to do burial (Yoruba style now), yet i did not pay him. Neither did he call. I called him one day to ask if he does not need money as a Nigerian. He just laughed and told me life is not all about money. A year later, i introduced him to my kid brother. When i told him i was ashamed of calling him due to his money that is not paid, he laughed and told me to forget about the money. Just like that? I asked. He just dashed me 100k! Lawyer, if i have an unmarried sister, i for compel her to marry you. No need to compel her self. Which woman go meet you and not fall in love with a kind-hearted man like you. You are a Role Model to many. Let nothing entice you to join those thieves out there. You are destined for the top. Very soon, you will see how far your influence has reached. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2012
So many dubious land sellers and agents abound. This thread is timely. Am just coming out of a land scam where my so called agent agreed with a land seller to allocate a plot of land to me, from 12plots of land in court. To my greatest surprise, when I found out from caring villagers(in a state capital), my agent feigned ignorance and went underground. Even efforts by his(my agent's) lawyer to make him secure another plot of land from the seller for me proved abortive. The agent is a master(graduate) thief. He is still owing me N150,000 as I speak. Thank God, I was able to pull through with the land sellers who have allocated another plot to me which work commences on tomorrow. My case is a lucky one because I have a genuine business in the area and some youths and elders swore they cant see me being duped in their community. So far checks on the new plot has proved clean. I thank God.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Moves: 12:36am On Feb 01, 2012
@ Lawyer, pls kindly name this companies, like the dubious one in Ikeja, btw great stuff as usual.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
Thanks so much for the information, I really learnt a lot from you and I would love to deal with you in person when I want to get a land. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU FOR US SIR. Its alarming to see how peoples hard earned millions are being parted with by dodgy company and people.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Ndata(m): 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ Lawyer
Every country goes through this turbulence and comes out better for it, so i dont think those fears are warranted for now and even if it happens, The state will not colonize the lands that other nationalities bought, rather they will be a way of registering foreigners to take proper ownership of lands in a foreign country, thats why you can go to the Us or Uk and own a land or property despite the fact your a Nigerian and based in Nigeria.

Lawyer i beg to diasgree with you on this.International law only protects property of foreigners in a country.it does not in any way protect people who hitherto were of the same country.Example is Sudan,the southern sudanese lost their property in the former Sudan after the splt.
So if something like that should happen in Nigeria(God forbid)with which law can you recover your property with?
Remember that after the Nigeria civil war,despite the fact we are still one country many Igbos were unable to recover their property.They were termed"abandoned property"
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by jonjomi: 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2012
Thanks so much for the good work, can I please have your contact information. Thanks
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by pato405(m): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2012
@igbanbanjo:

pleaese can we talk, kindly e-mail me at minajkindy@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by mindonmine: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
Hello I wana ask if I buy a land in Abuja dat has C of O, do I need to do another c of o in my own name? Or is it Consent or power of attorney dat I hav to process?
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by aglomar: 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
Thanks so much for the good work, a lawyer in a million.

Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by blank(f): 8:47am On Mar 01, 2012
Anything else to learn?
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by jeevanswaraaj: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2012
I successfully sold my property and bought new home with the help of estate agent. This bring me a bit of profit in both selling and buying. Real estate agent is very helpful to get complete details regarding the property and the other advantages that might helps to purchasing the property at the cheaper rate. So its important to appoint the real estate agent who has good source of network and contacts with quite demanding experience that is worth beneficial.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by kinguwem: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
Lawyer, you are a genius in land matters. I hope you will be appointed a commissioner/minister of lands/housing one day. I had bought a land recently in Jalingo following your advice. Everything went perfectly well. Thanks!
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by PlatiniumGlobalVentures: 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2012
This is great
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by welf99: 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2012
I have a standard half plot of Land fenced round for sale at Cele Estate along Ijede Road just after Idiroko Bus stop, the location is densely populated with private acccomdation, 24/7 security and electricity is good. N1.5M asking price direct from owner, no agency commission. If you are interested please email me at lustre.classic@gmail.com or call 08068950458.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by mastelbiz: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
A job well done i should add, spending 2 hours carefully reading your post has been worst while. For the car, its just a stepping stone to something greater. David in the bible said from my youth to my old age I have never seen the children of the righteous beg for bread. God will prosper you, the heart aches you have prevented so many peeps from going through will speak in your favor. I really appreciate your post and will share it with all who care to know more. Thank you again. Michael
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Cupidkc(m): 5:04pm On May 06, 2012
All i can say is that you should take your time in all land deals. Dont be too much in a hurry.
Look well before you leap.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by iles23(m): 11:15pm On May 25, 2012
True talk lawyer
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by ahf(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2012
Ndata: @ Lawyer

Lawyer i beg to diasgree with you on this.International law only protects property of foreigners in a country.it does not in any way protect people who hitherto were of the same country.Example is Sudan,the southern sudanese lost their property in the former Sudan after the splt.
So if something like that should happen in Nigeria(God forbid)with which law can you recover your property with?
Remember that after the Nigeria civil war,despite the fact we are still one country many Igbos were unable to recover their property.They were termed"abandoned property"

I tend to believe the fallouts of the civil war leading to loss of non-indigenes property is more likely to occur. While not discouraging inter-regional investments, if one has a preference for personal acquisition,it might be better to locate them in areas you have family ties... Just my opinion....
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by katsim(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2012
please what is deed of assignment
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by katsim(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
please what is deed of assignment.
I want to buy a land @ mowe and it has survey and family receipt.
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by banjula(m): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
Oga Lawyer, can you help me locate a good land in magboro?
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by sehawale: 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Lawyer, I never knew I could get information this rich about properties on any forum. U and other Nairalanders are doing a great job here!
Just one quick question: Is there any risk associated with buying from the much advertised properties @ Arepo (Grenadine Estate and the likes) and Mowe-Ofada (City park)? An advice as rich as the ones above will be appreciated. Also, I need your direct contact. How do I get that?
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by Confilass: 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
@ Lawyer

Thx for d wonderful work. Just took time to read thru. today.

Pls I bought a land with Dunamis International Gospel Church, Abuja, it's a residential housing estate for their members. I've gotten d Allocation Leta fm what I just read I noticed am supposed to get Letter of Confirmation also which ve not been given.

Pls where in Abuja do I go to check the authencity of dis land. It's almost 2yrs+ now.

Expect reply. Thx
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by bosaniger: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2012
Lawyer, thank you so much for this insight. Please, I wonder if you av any insight into this issue: my husband paid for a plot in Mainland Garden, mowe; owned by Pentagon real estate as well as the survey fees as far back as 2009, but till date a plot has not been allocated to us. Anytime I call them they keep telling me that they are working on it. Are they genuine or are they just deceiving me?
Re: 2011 Land & Property Scams Or Swindles Nairalanders Encountered To Avoid In 2012 by watbas: 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
how do i reach you lawyer. I'm buying a property I will like you to check for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

best,unique &perfect architectural design,house design & construction in nig / VATICAN GARDEN ASABA, CALL US NOW FOR THIS AMAZING DISCOUNT / Anambra Govt Demolishes Partially Collapsed Building That Killed Husband & Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.