Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

What State Are You From? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What State Are You From? (3112 Views)

What State Is The Safest State To Live In Nigeria?? / What State Do You Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What State Are You From? by larger20(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2006
I want to evaluate nairaland demography,

What state are u from?
What is good about your state?
What is bad about your state?
Do you have a another nationality apart from nigerian national?
Re: What State Are You From? by Hunter(m): 12:08am On Mar 18, 2006
As in born or location

Born In

Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
Australia

Live in

Melbourne
Victoria
Australia

I only hold Australian citizenship, my states usually pretty good except for a few odd problems here and there with our healthcare system and education system (mostly staffing levels)
Re: What State Are You From? by gbenga9ja(m): 12:25am On Mar 25, 2006

What state are u from?

I'm from Edo State but was born and brought up in Lagos.

I don't know watz good about Edo state cos i av neva been there before and i do not pray to be there.

Well, i learnt from popsy that there are lots of witches and wizards over there who wouldn't like you to prosper for anything and that is wat made him gbe ja, leave when he was very young and he came to settle in Lagos, my late mumsy is from Ijebu in Ogun state.

Nope, although i wish i had one, like been an American or a Briton, it would av been lovely cos 9ja sucks. its d truth pple
Re: What State Are You From? by Skidoc(m): 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2006
Oyo State wink
Re: What State Are You From? by mamaput(f): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2006
Anambra state
Re: What State Are You From? by larger20(m): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2006
mamaput:

Anambra state

But u have a german daughter, does she look german?
Re: What State Are You From? by mamaput(f): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2006
my daughter  no she dose not.
My father is from anambra my mother  German and the father of my kids also German.
some people may say quatercast but i hate that word.
Re: What State Are You From? by mamaput(f): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2006
my 2 daughter is darker and the small one is like the big girl.
Re: What State Are You From? by mamaput(f): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2006
my 2 daughter is darker and the small one is like the big girl.
Re: What State Are You From? by larger20(m): 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2006
wow good mixture, she is looking great , i wish i could,
by the way, that explains it all, germany is the dominat gene since ur dad is the only black gene
Re: What State Are You From? by Mazi(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2006
Eastern Heartland - Imo

Good:

Relatively Peacefull, Oil palm, Well Planned City:Owerri, High Standards of Education, Lots of Hotels.

Bad:

Owerri used to be Nigeria's cleanest city ie in the late 80's, not anymore!
Owerri: Growing city without capacity planning. There are always traffic jams on the exit routes from the city during yuletide or long holidays, as Owerri is crowded during such times.
Re: What State Are You From? by uche1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2006
Anambra state
But i be Lagos bobo
Re: What State Are You From? by Hotstepper(f): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2006
Amambra State, HOME FOR ALL

Good: We are very accomodating state etc "home for all"
Bad: Bad Godfather (s) are messing us up
Other Nationailty: I actually have one which is CANADIAN, yet 2 get ma NIGERIAN PASSPORT for them 2 consider me as one according to the embassy etccc
Re: What State Are You From? by iffe(f): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2006
ile-ife
osun state
Re: What State Are You From? by BellaRouge(f): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2006
I think that I am from Ogun State but I've never been there. I hear it's very "under-developed"

I was born in Lagos;
Good- I love the noise at night. It's a fun state.
Bad- It's way too populated.
Other nationality- American
Re: What State Are You From? by babwilms(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2006
I was born in Oyo State but Ibadan (capital) to be precise.
Ibadan people are very funny people, its a busy and a very populated city second to lagos. You get to eat the best ABULA in Oyo State.
I am also a British citizenn can't wait to get my french passport as well.
Re: What State Are You From? by ono(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2006

What state are u from?

I was born at Ibadan in Oyo State, but I'm from Delta State

Delta State is the largest oil producing state in Nigeria. Full of diverse ethnic nationalities, blessed with lots and lots of tourist attraction sites. One of the coastal states in the country with very high potential of turning to the Texas of the US one day

I don't know of any bad thing about my state. And I believe there's none.

I do not have any other nationality. And I don't want any other from the one I have now.
Re: What State Are You From? by Hotstepper(f): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2006
delta is one of the poorest regions in nigeria upon all the oil
Re: What State Are You From? by Hotstepper(f): 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2006
warri on the other hand, is one of da worest cities with riots etc, alwayz a problem dere tongue
Re: What State Are You From? by ono(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2006
Hotstepper:

warri on the other hand, is one of da worest cities with riots etc, alwayz a problem dere tongue
Hotstepper:

delta is one of the poorest regions in nigeria upon all the oil

Coldstepper or whatever you call yourself,
I beg your pardon, someone's doing a survey in here. And you're not the person. You'd do well to mind your business and stop casting aspersions on what matters most to someone else.

No matter what you say or think, the Delta region (meaning, the Niger Delta region) is that region where most of the wealth of Nigeria comes from. It's through the wealth of that place that most Nigerians (including yourself) have been able to have a lifeline - you may not understand.

And in spite of the negative public description that region has acquired over the years, well meaning people all over the world knows that the people in that region are peace loving people who'd rather their rights are not trampled on but will lay down their lives to claim what's rightfully theirs for now and future generations yet unborn.

I'll urge you to withdraw that negative statement about Warri and the Delta region credited to you .

You said you're from Anambra. Well, I know Anambra has passed through hell in recent times. All the godfatherism + gangsterism of Ngige and Uba is still very fresh in our minds. The Okija saga is still very fresh too. Let me hold my tongue before I go ballistic with you.
Re: What State Are You From? by larger20(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2006
ono:

I beg your pardon, someone's doing a survey in here. And you're not the person. You'd do well to mind your business and stop casting aspersions on what matters most to someone else.

No matter what you say or think, the Delta region (meaning, the Niger Delta region) is that region where most of the wealth of Nigeria comes from. It's through the wealth of that place that most Nigerians (including yourself) have been able to have a lifeline - you may not understand.

And in spite of the negative public description that region has acquired over the years, well meaning people all over the world knows that the people in that region are peace loving people who'd rather their rights are not trampled on but will lay down their lives to claim what's rightfully theirs for now and future generations yet unborn.

I'll urge you to withdraw that negative statement about Warri and the Delta region credited to you .

You said you're from Anambra. Well, I know Anambra has passed through hell in recent times. All the godfatherism + gangsterism of Ngige and Uba is still very fresh in our minds. The Okija saga is still very fresh too. Let me
hold my tongue before I go ballistic with you.

OBJ has issues 20 trillion naira for the development of niger delta region. Over 400 thousands jobs as well will be created for nigerians in the region. A landmark to end the long term conflict b/w the Niger people volunteer force and nigeria. This might as welll lead to the release of dokubo asari who is currently charged with treason.

I still belive that niger delter security should be tighter than what it is currently is as these investments gets implimented. Education should be provided to the people and more jobs created to reduce the security threat in the area.
Re: What State Are You From? by ono(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2006
@Larger,
Thank you very much. Are you still interested in this survey of yours or you just want to turn the thread to another Niger Delta topic for discussion? Please go to the Political section and read all you need to know on the Niger Delta problems there.

And in any case, the Niger Delta people do not need anybody to ''release'' what rightfully ''belongs'' to them before we get to develop our lands and people. We would rather do the ''development'' ourselves.
Re: What State Are You From? by Hotstepper(f): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2006
itz not like i hate niger delta or that I don't know that itz an oil rich area, so just calm down and don't take it 2 heart abeg, I just mentioned wat is wrong with the place and itz not as if other states does not have anything bad about it. I responded cuz u said u can't think of anything bad, men, calm urself, diz thing is nothing 2 be an issue, peace
Re: What State Are You From? by ono(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2006
@cold(Hot)stepper,

I'm sorry, but I've got to take it seriously with you. This site hosts more than 20,000 people of diverse background and nationalities. When you say something bad about a place, like you just did up there, you send negative messages across to prospective investors and other well meaning people about that place.

That's why it's good to choose your words, and know when to speak and not speak. You're still young, just take that from me as an advice.

I've never had any ocassion to join issues with you on this forum. But I must let you know that I dislike people who use foul words on others or things that matters to others. I also know that there are bad places all over the world, even in the US. So, don't make our own look so bad.
Re: What State Are You From? by Hotstepper(f): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2006
teh truth was spoken so take it or leave, peace
Re: What State Are You From? by ono(m): 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2006
Have you ever been to Warri before now? or you just based your line of arguments on stories and pictures from newspapers?

Seeing is believing my friend, you've got to come around here first and get first hand experience before you'd be allowed to draw a line.
Re: What State Are You From? by larger20(m): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2006
ono:

@Larger,
Thank you very much. Are you still interested in this survey of yours or you just want to turn the thread to another Niger Delta topic for discussion? Please go to the Political section and read all you need to know on the Niger Delta problems there.

And in any case, the Niger Delta people do not need anybody to ''release'' what rightfully ''belongs'' to them before we get to develop our lands and people. We would rather do the ''development'' ourselves.

I think you have provided the information I needed for the area. however I am not happy with the niger people for not accepting OBJs development proposal so that niger area will be developed. I think OBJ is trying to be decent in financial distribution plan for niger people.
The people are more intrested in claiming the land and having a "stake" in the oil deal which I believe will lead to more corruption practise. It is not exactly a bad idea to have a stake but concidering what is "bigger" behind it, I think the people should just accept the development plan. However it should be independent of the struggle for the stake becasue nigeria as a country should not need to be told to develop the area like lagos and abuja.

Regarding the stake, I hope that a diplomatic solution will be reached in the issue. One big problem in niger is security.
Re: What State Are You From? by ono(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2006
@larger,
We are deviating. I'll rather we discuss this matter in the political ''settings'' in here.

So, once again, I'm a Delta State indigene. The state is among the states that ''feeds'' the nation. And very soon, everyone has got to fend for themselves. I think we have played Santa Claus for too long in Nigeria. It's time to get real.
Re: What State Are You From? by mamaput(f): 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2006
ono:

You said you're from Anambra. Well, I know Anambra has passed through hell in recent times. All the godfatherism + gangsterism of Ngige and Uba is still very fresh in our minds. The Okija saga is still very fresh too. Let me hold my tongue before I go ballistic with you.
ono:

@cold(Hot)stepper,

I'm sorry, but I've got to take it seriously with you. This site hosts more than 20,000 people of diverse background and nationalities. When you say something bad about a place, like you just did up there, you send negative messages across to prospective investors and other well meaning people about that place.

That's why it's good to choose your words, and know when to speak and not speak. You're still young, just take that from me as an advice.

I've never had any ocassion to join issues with you on this forum. But I must let you know that I dislike people who use foul words on others or things that matters to others. I also know that there are bad places all over the world, even in the US. So, don't make our own look so bad.

Once again am from Anambra state same to you
Re: What State Are You From? by babymine(f): 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2006
Hotstepper or Coldstepper? lol grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What State Are You From? by babymine(f): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2006
BTW, I'm from Bayelsa. grin cheesy

Draw your own conclusions. wink
Re: What State Are You From? by eveseh(f): 5:13pm On May 08, 2006
born in liberia,live now in holland
in a small village call koudekerk aan den rijn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wes Payment / SA Spray Paints Potholes With Ruling Party Logo To Embarrass It (PICS) / Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.