Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) (11113 Views)

Men, How Long Can Stay Stay Off Sex Once Your Wife Gives Birth? / Man 'survives Without Food' For 70 Years / Taking Drugs Without Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by spicyhoney(f): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2012
@Op I envy you, wish I could go just a single day without food; I'll be so happy with myself.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Jarus(m): 8:19am On Feb 02, 2012
Muslim fasting: 14 hours(5.00 am to 7.00pm). That's all. However, in some instances, when I don't eat sahur(midnight food), I do 21 hours(10pm-7pm next day)
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by youngboss1(m): 8:51am On Feb 02, 2012
God help u, am cheering for you as well
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2012
youngbo$$:

God help u, am cheering for you as well
Thnxie

spicyhoney:

@Op I envy you, wish I could go just a single day without food; I'll be so happy with myself.
Sometin, u control your stomach - u control everything else

obowunmi:

OP: I would love to read your conclusion on this poverty case study that you are working on.

Do you know how many children go to school hungry ? and when they get to school, the teacher will beat them for no reason, or a silly senior will punish them
Mos' def'. Today, i'll be walking to an "imaginary" school. Just 20 blocks round my estate and back. I hope I can make it

omi247:

@ OP

Please be careful with what you are doing, I'm glad that you have people who are checking up on you who are close by and your mum is a medic, but there are still risks. I hope you guys have a back up plan for your eventual feeding (i.e liquidised or intravenous) because in the worst case scenario if you leave it too late you could be too weak/unable to even physically eat when you decide to you've had enough of your experiment.

Another important consideration: try not to overcompensate your hunger by drinking too much water as too much water consumption can also be fatal.

They say that the human body can go on average a maximum of 3 weeks without any food and only about 3 days without any water, but personally I have only ever tried to go about 2-3 days without food, as I love food too much and I am fortunate enough to not be without smiley. Good luck in your endeavours!
Thanks

@all
Updates coming your way.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by joe4christ(m): 10:18am On Feb 02, 2012
[size=35pt]Caution: I aint saying this to gain appraisals from men, i'm speaking from a personal experience so u would know that it's possible for you to attain any thing u set your mind to do.
A month ago around early febuary i engaged on a dry fast for 4days 4night. Exactly 96hrs. This is no lie!
The first two days was'nt easy for me, (Being that i'm doing it for the first time ever) but after the first two days of prayer and fasting, the third day became ease, though my joint became weaker but my mind grew stronger and my thinking faculty became very sharp, the third and the fourth day, i began to see the entire world in a new dimention.
I began to see the the vanity in things men pursue after, i then realise that man often spend the number of his life following after perishables which i saw as vanity, i for the first time saw life in a new dimention.
It was a wonderful experience indeed.
I wish everyone would experince it for themselves.
[/size]
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by odunjoy1(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2012
[b]@poster, i really appreciate the fact dat u are using urself as the guinea pig,
evryday i do think about poor people in the  part of the world,
in some arab region and most Africa countries,
how dey survive even without food and high rate of poverty.
i sure GOD will save us

i ave survived few days witout food, due to quick intervention i survived it,

[b][b][b]i want us to know dat fasting is different from dis,
wen u are fasting u have d food but  only denyin urself because u are looking for sometn from GOD ,
but dis people in poverty have notin to eat, imagine urself in dat condition lyk d poster, we really need GOD'S intervention
[/b][/b]

@poster u are doin great, nairalanders will surely give u an award for dis,
but pls wen its getting out of hand, eat something[/b][/b]
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Cogent: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2012
@joe
[size=3pt]Did you have to use the ridiculous bold fonts to pass that message?[/size]

@OP, comon go and eat jor, use the internet for the information you need about what happens when a person starves; you wil get accurate researched information there from people that studied things like that. Besides you cannot carry out an experiment on yourself and expect that the results you get from it is the same results you will get for everybody else; people react differently under different conditions so while you might be able to go for three days without food, another person will be able to go for seven or more.
Therefore, use statistical findings to know the result of your experiment since they average such things and don't use individual findings.
Unles you just like getting attention from anonymous people so if thats the case, please coninue your punishment.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Cogent: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2012
OP, What do you think about these pictures.

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mkmyers45(m): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2012
i have gone 3 days and two nights, i can do more but that really depends, i am not so into meals as i skip a lot so i end up fasting more than i want to,
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
Cogent:

@OP, comon go and eat jor, use the internet for the information you need about what happens when a person starves; you wil get accurate researched information there from people that studied things like that. Besides you cannot carry out an experiment on yourself and expect that the results you get from it is the same results you will get for everybody else; people react differently under different conditions so while you might be able to go for three days without food, another person will be able to go for seven or more.
Therefore, use statistical findings to know the result of your experiment since they average such things and don't use individual findings.
[size=14pt]Unles you just like getting attention from anonymous people so if thats the case, please coninue your punishment.[/size]
[size=28pt]Talk to the, Talk to the,  haaaaaaaaaaand!!!![/size]

odun joy:

[b]@poster, i really appreciate the fact dat u are using urself as the guinea pig, 
evryday i do think about poor people in the  part of the world,
in some arab region and most Africa countries,
how dey survive even without food and high rate of poverty.
i sure GOD will save us

i ave survived few days witout food, due to quick intervention i survived it,

[b][b][b]i want us to know dat fasting is different from dis,
wen u are fasting u have d food but  only denyin urself because u are looking for sometn from GOD ,
but dis people in poverty have notin to eat, imagine urself in dat condition lyk d poster, we really need GOD'S intervention
[/b][/b]

@poster u are doin great, [color=#550000]nairalanders will surely give u an award for dis,

but pls wen its getting out of hand, eat something[/b][/b][/color]

You got me lmao here . . .

@joe4christ
Good to hear about your spirituality

@all
If you think am seeking attention here, then go ask @shaz @bjpumpindogg, @bolajibaoku @flowshow @chasisgirl  @mailmac @alexpissu @saucekid how we used to gain attention. For peeps. like Cogent, I've been on NL since 07 with various banned IDs (av lost count) . . . if i was seeking attention, I woulda gotten it way long before u even tot of postin ur ish-ful thoughts.  Re.tard!!!!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by panpan(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
Man's limit - the rule of threes:

Three weeks without food.

Three days without water.

Three minutes without air (or oxygen).
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Cogent: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
mxxpunkxx:

[size=28pt]Talk to the, Talk to the, haaaaaaaaaaand!!!![/size]

Hey, Op man, no offence. Don't take my jokes serious.
I am just kidding you, besides I doubt you are still fasting and I think you have gone to eat food since.
If you want us to believe you are fasting then post a picture of your flat and hungry belly for us to see. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Cogent: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
mxxpunkxx:

For peeps. like Cogent, I've been on NL since 07 with various banned IDs (av lost count) . . . if i was seeking attention, I woulda gotten it way long before u even tot of postin ur ish-ful thoughts. Re.tard!!!

Shiit!!
I didn't see that insult vefore I apologised. Why did you have to take it so far?
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Oluwa4Sure: 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2012
You are going for one month without food? grin

@OP you tell me, what name would you like us to cast on your gr**e ?? grin grin
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by omnitrix: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2012
I've gone 3 days without water or food, when i was doing some prayers,boy! was it hectic the 1st 2days,buh by the third day i was just seriously weak buh pulled through.its necessary sometimes not just for spiritual connection to our maker,buh also on health grounds, guess youve heard of the popular maxim,man must not live by bread alone,
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Pennywise(m): 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
, as in willingly deprive myself of (good) food? Naa. No deal
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by dj5naira(m): 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
MrMxxpunkxx, don't forget your spiritual food. , . I mean The Bible! Eat it, oops, Read it and be filled!! Anyho' I wish you Jonathan, oops, sorry I mean Goodluck : )
Oluwa4Sure:

You are going for one month without food? grin

@OP you tell me, what name would you like us to cast on your gr**e ?? grin grin
Maybe L. I. P (Live In Peace)
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by sanyaele(m): 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
I boy kudos, I CAN'T DO IT! Used to tell my mum that if ulcer is as a result of not eating, I will never have them. But sometimes when programming, I eat breakfast by 6pm. But O can't do it consciously.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
Cogent:

Hey, Op man, no offence. Don't take my jokes serious.
I am just kidding you, besides I doubt you are still fasting and I think you have gone to eat food since.
[size=19pt]If you want us to believe you are fasting then post a picture of your flat and hungry belly for us to see[/size]. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
U think i easily ditch ma commitments into d gutter?

@all
take note . . i can hardly update this ish anymore . . . am on drugs as we speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by pslm23(f): 12:25am On Feb 03, 2012
when i was teenager i went without food for 5 days because me and my boyfriend were quarelling! 5 solid days on only water!  shocked love will make one do the stupidest thing. While i was wasting away and dying of headaches, he was eating chicken and fried rice!  angry  Never again! No man is worth me starving to death. Now i know why my mom called me "love anu-ohia"

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 03, 2012
2 days max.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2012
@all
. . . . . losing weight am i?

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2012
R u still mentally capable?
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2012
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by mxxpunkxx: 12:33am On Feb 06, 2012
obowunmi:

as in?
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 12:38am On Feb 06, 2012
When u don't eat, u can't think.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 3:08am On Feb 07, 2012
is the OP still alive ? grin grin grin
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by dj5naira(m): 7:05am On Feb 07, 2012
obowunmi:

is the OP still alive ? grin grin grin
Is he not dead yet?
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by obowunmi(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2012
^^^^ I'm asking jooor, Oya, come and answer jare undecided undecided
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by PeeBee: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
@OP! Hope you're okay.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Food (practical Experience) by stepo707: 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
It 10days now.Hope you are alright.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Practical Ways To Improve Health Care In Nigeria / AIDS And Teen Sex Education / NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.