Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,844 members, 7,851,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Why Bloggers Do Not Make Money - Pt 1 - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Why Bloggers Do Not Make Money - Pt 1 (475 Views)

How To Eradicate Bed Bugs In Nigeria Pt 3 By Chogon Facilities Services Ltd 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Bloggers Do Not Make Money - Pt 1 by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 03, 2012
According to the 2009 Technorati State of the Blogosphere report, the majority of blogs do not make any money. Of those that do, only handfuls are able to make enough for its owners to live on. If your blog makes more than $100 per month, you are doing better than over 90% of 120+ million blogs out in the blogosphere. Pretty sad, huh?

Why is it that so many bloggers fail to make money from their blogs? One thing is for sure. It is not from a lack of information. There is tons of information on the Internet, both free and paid, that can teach you more than you want to know about making money by blogging. However, the vast majority of bloggers will not make anything. Why is that? I came up with six major reasons.

They Are Bloggers, Not Internet Marketers
The number one reason I feel that bloggers do not make money by blogging is because they are bloggers and not Internet marketers. Technically, I am not a blogger. I am an Internet marketer who happens to blog. There is a big difference between the two. Most bloggers know how to blog. However, very few bloggers know how to market their blog so they end up with a blog that is read by only close friends and family members. You can have the best blog in the world but if nobody reads it, what is the point?

In the movie Field of Dreams, the voice said, “If you build it, they will come.” While that may make dead baseball players appear in a cornfield, it does not work online. Millions of people every week try to “build it” because they think that is all it takes to make money online. They build the site, add content to it everyday and wonder how come they are not coming? Building it is not enough. You need to learn how to market it.
Read full story and part 2 @ http://www.oracleblogger.com/2012/02/why-bloggers-do-not-make-money-pt-1.html

(1) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss / Do You Have A 15,20 Or 30ton Box-body Truck?biz Opportunity To Take Advantage Of / Dredger Of Various Sizes For Lease And Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.