Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? (1584 Views)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me / Who Designed This DANA Air Website / Nigeria Internet Group? Who Designed This Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by tundewoods(m): 4:44am On Oct 17, 2007
I was hanging out at the office of a co- web developer at ITSI,Lekki when i stumbled upon the official website of a new book called "Celebrated" by Ayona Aguele-Trimnell.

What caught my attention was when the (MD ITSI)lead web developer jokingly said that the interactive flash intro come homepage of the Celebrated website was actually outsourced to & designed by a female.

i immidiately visited the website to assess and rate it.Honestly i was quite impressed with what i saw however i still ask the question like a doubting thomas,if actually that flash design and action scripting was really done by a lady.

Any which way i won't challenge his claims but i simply give thumbs up to who ever did the flash intro and if it was actually a lady that did the intro,then i salute you who ever you are,sweetheart the skies not your limit but just the begining.

Meanwhile are there any other female whiz kids in the area of web development and multimedia flash design ?

Lets get to know you so that we can outsource jobs to ya. wink

http://celebratingnigerianwomen.com/

Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by 1ofall(f): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2007
Nice site, love the simplicity.
Seriously though,how condescending can you get Tundewoods?!Is it that you think these are too complex issues to be handled by women?
If you want to commend the designer do so, but please don't be patronizing.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by my2cents(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2007
The Intro was a little slow on my computer but having said that, Tunde, would it/should it have made a difference if the site were made by a dog? Women are human too and have the capacity to learn anything you are capable of learning.

Granted, Nigeria may be a male-dominated country, as far as web development is concerned, I am sure there are some women out there who can crank out some good lines of code. You just have to find them. Heck, I am found some right here on NL cool
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by juintade(m): 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2007
I can only say great website, it was simple, dark, informatice and sleek. be it a woman or man that had designed it, it is a nice piece of work. I think it did have a womans touch to it as well(or may be its just me)

@tundewoods

Actually at my end here I have a lot of friends that are girls that are into interactive and graphic design, but none at the time of typing this has created a mini full blown site like the one in question.

I think is also good to have female onboard on women related project, as they would have a better understanding.

Thanks for sharing the site, nice concept
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by my2cents(m): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2007
What is one of the things that makes a country like America great? Diversity. Disagree as much as you like but pooling together human capital irrespective of sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, background, social levels, economic levels, etc is what has made it what it is today.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2007
What in the world?? @Poster, Do you not think it best for you to re -pose that question ?? What sort of question is that ?? Are women supposed to be worse than men when it comes to web designing?? Are women supposed to be more design Challenged than their male counterparts?? I do not even know how to address your question/post shocked

UNBEWEAVABLE!!
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2007
Actually, design is one of those fields in which women tend to do as well as their male counterparts. If not better. Yay!
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by nduaj(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2007
my take on the site is, i dont think its a girls job. even if its a girl, i beleive shes a "Tom Boy". the site is a bit muscline. see for example, if it was agirl, the sit would not be all black. i think a girl would have used a color like pink (what do u think?)
wen last did u see a girl buyin a black phone, ?
this is just my take. , from my point of view.

I am not Jack Bauer, and i dont work for the CTU, so i sure aint a detective.!!!! just a web designer feeling like one.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by 1ofall(f): 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2007
@nduaj, are you taking the mick? The colours black and white make it masculine? Ever heard of chanel
or the phrase, "little black dress"
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 18, 2007
well to me i don't think there is anything in a woman doing good job. i have seen some females doing some stunning flash animation in short they are the one that motivated me to learn web design so it's a welcome development
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 18, 2007
well to me i don't think there is anything wrong  in a woman doing good job. i have seen some females doing some stunning flash animation in short they are the one that  motivated me to learn web design so it's a welcome development
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by uspry1(f): 5:56am On Oct 18, 2007
I cannot believe to hear what you say? Very insulting!

You think this web designing job belong to men only, you are deadly wrong!

There are lot of women in the website designing field as well as internet administration just like Seun. Also computer programming as well as database developers too.

Check out my Flash-based site at http://www.mtmrimstires.com that is created by me. This site is employed actions/behaviors resulting in Flash Actionscripting to parse the XML file being loading or retrieving.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by onydchic(f): 8:12am On Oct 18, 2007
Wow. Way to be a chauvinist. I like the subtle implication that females generally don't have the capacity to do nice work. I'll encourage you to visit http://deviantart.com, and see the heart-breakingly GOOD stuff women all over the world are doing.

Get over your MAN ego, dude.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by webemerald(m): 11:29am On Oct 18, 2007
why is this turning into a gender superiority issue, the poster was actually complementing women designers and not debasing them. but really though ive seen lots of ladies in graphics design but im yet to meet one personally in website design/development.
But a big thumbs up to the lady who did that job, she must be something else,that was a great piece.

grin
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by my2cents(m): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2007
webemarald,

at my work place, granted it's not in Nigeria, there are 15 cool
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2007
webemerald:

why is this turning into a gender superiority issue, the poster was actually complementing women designers and not debasing them. but really though ive seen lots of ladies in graphics design but im yet to meet one personally in website design/development.
But a big thumbs up to the lady who did that job, she must be something else,that was a great piece.

grin

Maybe you need to get out more @WebEmerald.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by Egavlas(m): 12:08am On Oct 19, 2007
uspry1:

I cannot believe to hear what you say? Very insulting!

You think this web desiging job belong to men only, you are deadly wrong!

There are lot of women in the website designing field as well as internet administration just like Seun. Also computer programming as well as database developers too.

Check out my Flash-based site at http://www.mtmrimstires.com that is created by me. It comes with XML file being loading.

Great work . The ladies are the ones that have an eye for good design.

thats why a guy hands over the interior decor of the house to the wife/girl friend.
Re: Could A Lady Have Actually Designed This Website ? by niyyie(m): 1:58am On Oct 19, 2007
Nice flash design.

I dont think being female can limit one's creative ability. Both male and female humans can produce great artistic works.

(1) (Reply)

Is Lateef Olajide A.k.a Rich Kid Of SADC Newspaper Alive Or Dead ? / 4k Celebrity Facebook Page For Sale / USA Adsense With $81 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.