Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

City Madness - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / City Madness (957 Views)

The Gloomy Situation At MM Airport And VIP Madness (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

City Madness by bebe2007(m): 9:56am On Oct 17, 2007
Its just an observation and am seriously wondering, why are people in major cities like New york, London, Paris, Lagos to mention a few, so rude and non chalant. Most people in these cities are always in a rush, they do not have time to point out directions to tourist or even exchange pleasantries. If you are in trouble in these cities you are solely on your own. Nobody cares really!

Was stranded once at Jfk Airport New york, missed my flight, i went through hell. Got lost in Paris, in the freezing cold, drove round the city, could not get help till the last minute, got stranded cash wise at a station in London, was horrible!!! mugged in Lagos, no help at all.

Peeps, share your experience here.
Re: City Madness by PapaBrowne(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
Yehhoooooooooo!!Nice post
Re: City Madness by PapaBrowne(m): 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2007
It amazes me tooo. I think its because there are too many people fighting for "seemingly limited" resources.

Too many people trying to get on the subway, bus or in a taxi at the same time.

Too many people trying to shop at the same mall, market or grocery store at the same time.

Too many peeps struggling for the same space, air and time all at the same moment.

It makes you feel like the guy standing next 2 u is competition!! So why listen, reply or smile at anybody when he might just be trying to outpace you!!

Its sub-conscious!

Anyways I'll always love big cities.They leave you with wonderful nostalgic memories!!

The smell, pace & buslte of NYC.
London's Eccentricity.
The stench, noise and arrogance of Lagos.

They do have character or so I think!!
Re: City Madness by bebe2007(m): 11:58am On Oct 23, 2007
@papabrowne

thanks for replying to the post i guess you hit the nail on the head. We are all competitors. Its even evident in the post, most people are busy, have no time to reply to such rubbish. I do agree with you that the cities leave one with nostalgic memories!!! i love the city life too, can't stay away. But a more realistic and very well planned cities like Abuja, Washington DC, Accra to mention a few would most definately work for me.

Have a great day mate!!

(1) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines Commences New Flight Services To Abuja On 12th Nov 2008 / Immigration And Visa Services / Coming To Nigeria For Holiday After The Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.