Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,398 members, 7,853,772 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 (1762 Views)

Clean 2 Month Used Golf 3 With Original Custom Duty.for Sale In Abuja. / Clean Toyota Camry 2002 For Sale In Lagos / Custom Duty For Cars Bought In Cotonou To Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by YourAss: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
Please i want to know how much it 'll cost me to pay duty for a Toyota
Camry 2002 from Cotonou.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by YourAss: 4:09am On Feb 10, 2012
Somebody tell me bout this duty of a thing.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by femmy2010(m): 4:33am On Feb 10, 2012
Due Duty payment for a 2002 Camry would be in the N220k range.
Email me at duduconsultt@yahoo.com for advice to reduce cost.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by YourAss: 9:33am On Feb 10, 2012
femmy2010:

Due Duty payment for a 2002 Camry would be in the N220k range.
Email me at duduconsultt@yahoo.com for advice to reduce cost.

I sent a mail to you, but that amount is too high.
And beside Camry 2002 is getting old, am just afraid to drive it around.

Anybody can still help.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by femmy2010(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2012
Your_Ass:

Anybody can still help.

I have reverted to your email.
I clearly stated your options for you.
The official thing and the back door solution.
Thanks.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by KunleA2(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2012
Your_Ass:

Please i want to know how much it 'll cost me to pay duty for a Toyota
Camry 2002 from Cotonou.

Your_Ass:

Anybody can still help.

@ Poster,

Starting with, Camry's are one of the most reliable cars out there. There are so many older ones still out there with no issues. As long as you maintain your car properly, u should be fine.

As for the clearing cost, the quote you got is about the right one. If someone else gave you anything cheaper, i will advise you to watch out. I am sure that you may be tempted with getting a "back door" deal from Cotonou but if you get unlucky one day and get your ride impounded, YOU WILL PAY MORE!!!

If you are yet to buy the car, i will advise you to get it from Lagos. Lagos cleared. THE ONLY WAY A COTONOU CAR WILL BE CHEAPER IS TO SKIP THE LAGOS DUTY! No way around it. I don't care what anybody say. If full duty is paid in both countries, the landing cost of the car will be higher.

Just something for you to think about.

Good luck out there.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by YourAss: 11:07am On Feb 10, 2012
@Kunle-A
The car was bought from Cotonou and is already in Lagos with my cousin, what remains is the duty and registration. So could you help on what i should do next. I really want to know now that the car is in Lagos, 'll it cost me more or is there any alternative? Thanks
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by femmy2010(m): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2012
I can confidently tell you that duty can not be officially paid for a vehicle already in the Country so be careful not to pour so much in the drain in the form of paying for what is not possible.
A physical assessment has to be done before value can be given which determines the duty payable.
Best of luck.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by KunleA2(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2012
At this point. if the vehicle is already in Lagos, i would advise that you just go ahead and register it and HOPE nothing happens. Don't waste your hard earned money at this point.

Good luck
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by adasi678: 5:09am On Feb 12, 2012
I have crossed a car from cotonou before and i went to the custom in ikeja willinly to pay for the duties myself.i registered the car,dropped it at home and went with the documents of regristrations.for your camry,be expecting 180-190k for the duties.
Re: Help. Price Of Duty For Toyota Camry 2002 by femmy2010(m): 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
adasi678:

I have crossed a car from cotonou before and i went to the custom in ikeja willinly to pay for the duties myself.i registered the car,dropped it at home and went with the documents of regristrations.for your camry,be expecting 180-190k for the duties.

Sir,that approach has been stopped.
Duty can only be paid at the point of entry into the Country.

(1) (Reply)

***PRE-ORDER***2000 Sienna LE**950k****I SHIP**YOU CLEAR!!!! / Sharp Tokunbo 2009 Passat For-sale (abuja) / Kia Sorento Ex Jeep @ 900k In Port Harcourt Call 08067880681

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.