Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? (2314 Views)

See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges / Which Nigerian Banks Have The Best Online Banking System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by bolorunfem(f): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
I have some bucks I want to keep in a Fixed Deposit Account for use later in the year, enquiry from FBN gave 3% interest rate while GT gave 6.5, both per annum. My question is, assuming the dough is N500k and the duration is 3months how will I calculate my interest? Someone shd help. In addition, does anybody know any reliable bank with a better interest rate offer. Thangzzzzzzzz
Re: Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by feelamong(m): 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
Why not buy Treasury Bills and get about 14% for 91 days!!
Re: Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by MAURI: 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
@Bolorufem,
Interest payments over deposits are often calculated over actual/360 p.a. Meaning that the amount of interest you get paid over your deposit p.a. will be devided by 360 days and paid over the actual number of days in the months for which you have deposited the funds with the bank. i.e. 500k at 6.5% p.a. over 1 month (30) days will be:

Amount        Interest rate p.a.   Number of days over which int is paid
500,000.00   6.5% p.a.               30 days

On 500k at an interest rate of 6.5% per annum over 30 days, you will receive an interest amount of 2708.34 Naira (for 30 days)
Re: Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by adesteve: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2012
Go to ANY Stanbic IBTC Bank branch, you will be delighted!
Re: Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2012
How do I invest in treasury bills. Is it through the bank or through a stockbroker. Was is the mininimum amount that can be invested?
Re: Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by rosoty(f): 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2012
For treasury bills try ur bankers or any discount house, if you have any difficulty reach me on feelamong@gmail.com
x-fire:

How do I invest in treasury bills. Is it through the bank or through a stockbroker. Was is the mininimum amount that can be invested?
Re: Bankers, Which Banks Have The Best Interest Rate Offer? by bolorunfem(f): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2012
@All, thanks for contributing.

adesteve:

Go to ANY Stanbic IBTC Bank branch, you will be delighted!

@Adesteve, do you work with Stanbic IBTC? Where is the nearest branck to Adeniyi Jones?

feelamong:

Why not buy Treasury Bills and get about 14% for 91 days!!

@feelamong, pls check your mail box, Ive sent you a mail.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Become A Professional Commodities Broker In Nigeria / 20 Lucrative Businesses You Can Start In Nigeria With Low Capital / Lalasticlala Make A Nigeria Group Proud Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.