Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See (1182 Views)

Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion / Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry / Bride Price And Dowry; the Difference And Similarity. Which do you practice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by Ozegbe(m): 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
for me if i will marry, cant be more than 500k. THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS DOWRY HAVE EVER HEARD AND WITNESS WAS WORTH 4.3 million
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by TroyJay(m): 10:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
Ozegbe:

for me if i will marry, cant be more than 500k. THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS DOWRY HAVE EVER HEARD AND WITNESS WAS WORTH 4.3 million
I'll rather marry a 2008 Infinity FX 45 full Options! cheesy
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by claremont(m): 10:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
I can't/won't pay a penny!
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by Ozegbe(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2012
claremont:

I can't/won't pay a penny!
wait till december so you can get a wife as gift
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by thehunted(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
i wont pay a dime. afterall,she is not for sale. rubbish
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
the fact that some people are ready and willing to even PAY dowries, is the reason why many women have this begging/whoring state of mind.
imho, even $1 is an outrageous fee.

dowry ko, upry ni!!!
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ozegbe:

People can lie sha . . . , undecided
Re: Guys Whats The Maximum Amount Of Dowry You Can Pay? And What Is The Most Outrageous Dowry You've See by Claus(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
Based on the relationships married couples should have, a substantial dowry has no place in the modern society.

However, a token dowry can still be maintained for the traditional engagement/traditional wedding just out of the appreciation or respect for traditional ceremonies. Most married couples will testify that the money is much better spent within the new marriage for a young couple just finding their feet in the world.

(1) (Reply)

Alh.batili Alake *waka Queen*is Dead / What Is It Like To Date/marry A Feminist? / My Hubby Has Excessive Urge –divorce-seeking Housewife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.