Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Pastor Chris: Face Persecutions And Win! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris: Face Persecutions And Win! (1036 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris: Face Persecutions And Win! by Joagbaje(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2012
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12).

Persecution is a promise for every believer. It’s necessary for your promotion and will come at different levels in your life. It’s what makes you different from others and separates you from the crowd. Persecution is the harsh treatment from others to compel you to comply to their own way of doing things. As a Christian who lives by God’s Word, you’ll surely be persecuted. The Master confirmed this in John 15:20:

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.”

Everyone who wants to be like Jesus must be ready to receive persecutions like He did. But the beautiful thing about it is, as you remain standing on God’s Word, irrespective of the persecutions that come your way, the Lord Himself will honour you. Jesus knew we would encounter problems and challenges in this world, but He confirmed that as we remain in Him, we would live a life of peace even in the face of adversity:

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulations: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

You may wonder why God left us in this world of trials and temptations, or want to know why He allows trials to come our way in life. Well, the truth is God doesn’t mind trials or temptations coming your way since He knows He’s already made you more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). 1 John 4:4 says,

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

You should expect persecution and never be afraid of it; believe in it, it’s important. The measure of persecution that you face is the measure of training that you have. Irrespective of the diverse tests, persecutions or trials that you might face this year, rejoice; for they’ll be bread for you! All such contrary winds will only drive your roots deeper in God.

Prayer
I thank you Father for the comfort and strength that I get from your Word; therefore in the midst of raging opposition, I shall not waver but shall continue in your Word, doing that which I’m called to do, by the power of your Spirit, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen!

Further Study
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

(1) (Reply)

The Perfect Picture Of Islam for All Muslims and Others / Who Was D First Man God Created; / The God That Does'nt Exists-between Anele,aribisala And Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.