Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" (900 Views)

The Falsehood In The Book Of Hebrews / The Falsehood Of St. Malachy's Prophesy Of The Last Pope / Demolishing The Falsehood Of Christianity And Its Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" by Goshen360(m): 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
Many today believe that it is wrong to expose error and to name names. Those who are faithful in exposing error and false teachers/prophets according to the Bible are now being widely denounced and are accused of being unloving and unkind. In this article I intend to present the teaching of the Bible on this vital subject. I have found out that discussing falsehood and false teachings with those who disagree is the best way to reveal truth. Somebody will certainly learn something! Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and He didn't leave us with falsehood.

One of the most misused verses in the Bible is, "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matt. 7: 1).

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

v2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

v3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

v4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

v5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

It is utter hypocracy to say "Don't judge me, because judging is wrong." Obviously, the one who says that is judging the other person, too. Every Scripture verse should be read in its context, if we are to properly understand the true meaning. In vs. 2-5 of this same chapter it is evident that v. 1 is referring to hypocritical judgment. A brother who has a beam in his own eye should not be judging the brother who may have a mote in his eye. The lesson is plain, you cannot judge another for his sin if you are guilty of the same sin.

The oft-quoted passage about not judging applies to hypocrites, not the righteous. When we know truth, we are commanded to judge and help the other to see more clearly. Therefore, most certainly, the Bible does not teach us that "judging is wrong". And we ought to judge, try, and test to see whether other people are false prophets or not. This is important because many are afraid to judge, but we are commanded to judge and "try the spirits".

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Those who cling to "Judge not, that ye be not judged, " to condemn those who expose error should read the entire chapter. Jesus said, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, " (v. 15). How can we know false prophets unless we judge them by the Word of God? If we know the false prophets, how can we fail to exam the sheep of these "ravening wolves?" All through the Bible we find proof that they should be identified and exposed.

Again, another misused bible verse often used to justify not following the commands to judge is Romans 14:4

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

This does not say that "judging is wrong", rather it says that we are unable and unqualified to judge certain things (and this has no application whatsoever to judging false prophecy and trying the spirits, which we are commanded to judge). Romans14:4 applies to "doubtful disputations", see Romans 14:1, it says: Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.

In context of the whole chapter, Christians have freedom do act according to our conscience, as led by the Holy Spirit, and this is supported elsewhere as well. Ephesians 4 and 1 Corinthians 12 make it clear that not all Christians are given gifts to do each kind of work, and we are not to judge whether someone should be a preacher, or evangelist, or teacher, or healer, or exercise some other gift for the body of Christ.

Many people erroneously thinks that someone who is rebuking or exposing another does so only out of hate, as they misidentify those who do the rebuking as having a spirit of hate. However, the Bible is clear that to avoid rebuking is to avoid loving, and that those who love will rebuke.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in exposing falsehood, calling names which i don't personally do anyway, there is nothing also wrong in publicly exposing false teachers and their falsehood. This has nothing to do with judge not as being misused and taken out of context.

THANK Y'ALL AND GOD BLESS.
Re: Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" by dekung(m): 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2012
@Goshen360,
God bless you. I have tried to explain this to people but I guess fear and laziness in thought pattern have made people slaves in their own land. In addition to what you said, Jesus said Judge not so that you will not be judged for in the same measure which you judge, so will you too be judged. Now, if you know you do not have any skeleton in your cupboard you shouldnt be afraid of being judged because the only consequence of judging is being judged either by God or by other men. Besides we will eventually be judged by God at the end of the age so what then should we be afraid of? People do not think through on things, they only rely on what their men of God teach them and with that they are ok. Lazy human beings!
Re: Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" by amor4ce(m): 1:21am On Feb 14, 2012
What I've observed in our society today is that many seem to judge their neighbours rather than their actions. Whereas God hates sin but does not take pleasure in the death of a sinner.
Re: Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" by Goshen360(m): 1:29am On Feb 14, 2012
amor4ce:

What I've observed in our society today is that many seem to judge their neighbours rather than their actions. Whereas God hates sin but does not take pleasure in the death of a sinner.

Even we such sins are judged or condemned, some people misunderstand it as judging the person. In my own understanding, you cannot seperate one from the other. It is the personality that commits the sin and the sin didnt commit itself. People do wrong things and want to hide under scripture for not being judge whereas, we as christians are suppose to know better. Evil is evil, no matter who is involved.
Re: Biblical Exposition On The Falsehood Of "judge Not" by amor4ce(m): 1:57am On Feb 14, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Wrong / Who Is God? Tbaba12345 / Nigeria Can Change Through Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.