Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,970 members, 7,841,716 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Man Killed In Ebonyi Over Inability To Pay N8,000 Debt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed In Ebonyi Over Inability To Pay N8,000 Debt (645 Views)

Cultists Who Rape And Initiate Girls In Ebonyi Arrested (Picture) / Alfa Kills Friend To Avoid Paying N32, 000 Debt (Picture) / Man Slits Own Throat Over N800,000 Debt In Ogoja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed In Ebonyi Over Inability To Pay N8,000 Debt by victorazy(m): 8:07am On Feb 14, 2012
A source told Vanguard that the deceased was killed last month, even though the agreed date of completing payment for the motorcycle had expired.

It was learnt that the motorcycle was sold at a hire purchase of N10, 000, while the deceased paid 2,000 deposit, leaving a balance of N8, 000.

In her account, wife of the deceased, Mrs. Regina Eze, stated that her husband had earlier pleaded with the seller of the motorcycle to allow him pay the remaining N8, 000 since the expiration of the payment would elapsed in 2012, adding that the motorcycle trader insisted that he must collect his motorbike which later led to the killing of Mr. Patrick Eze

She alleged that one of the suspects, Mr. Peter Eze, popularly known as Oma-uma Ayi Ara, and his cohorts had ejected her out of her husband’s compound with her seven children and threatened to kill them.

Vanguard learnt that the case of the gruesome murder of Mr. Patrick Eze was said to have been transferred from Ohaukwu Police Station Ezzamgbo to Abakaliki as only Mr. Joseph Ogbu out of the six suspects had been arrested by the police.

She said: “My husband bought a motorcycle from the suspect and the motorcycle was later vandalized according to him, so instead of waiting for the agreed date of the payment which is January 2012, the seller now wanted the money quickly.

“So when the seller came for the first payment, I knelt down and begged him to give me time, that if I was informed of the transaction, I would have advised against it.

“But since I was not informed that he should take me in confidence, that I can pay the remaining N8, 000 which was the balance. After the arrangement, I never knew my husband will be brutally murdered” she lamented

When contacted the Police Public Relations Officer, Ebonyi State Police Command, ASP John Eluu, who confirmed the incident, stated that t

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Scammers! / Olaniyi Jones, 26 To Face Extradition To The US For $ 3.2million Payroll Theft / The Murder Of The Innocent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.