Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Converting Out Of Love? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Converting Out Of Love? (666 Views)

Am Converting To A Muslim / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Boko Haram Kill Children Of Ex-Boko Haram Member For Converting To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Out Of Love? by emofine2(f): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
People convert for a myriad of reasons. Some noble reasons, some not.  Some are forced, others voluntary choose their faith. Some convert out of fear, some out of love.

There was a colleague of mine, whose father met her Muslim mother whilst he was practising Christianity. Today he is a “Muslim”.

He converted so it would be possible to be with the woman he loved.

Since he never made the conscious decision to come to Islam because he felt a burning desire to draw near to Allah or was naturally inspired by the principles of the faith – is such a person’s conviction legit? Is such conviction even real?

Although ones conviction could grow does this particular converted populace even have faith in their adopted religion?
Re: Converting Out Of Love? by reloboy(m): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
Dats nt gud enough he should know and understand the thing he is about to do or have because Islam is not just a religion it's a way of life
Re: Converting Out Of Love? by manmustwac(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
Why should I have to convert to another religion just because of love whoever I love (and whoever loves me) should accept me the way i am. It works both ways, haven't you heard of the saying that "love conquers all?"
Re: Converting Out Of Love? by emofine2(f): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^
Some people are bound by religious duties or perhaps may love their God more than their significant other I guess undecided
Re: Converting Out Of Love? by Sweetnecta: 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
so emofine, when are you going to revert? Or should i have to propose before you come to Islam?

Listen, any which way God soften a heart is good for me.
The man above must have some good in his heart for him to realize a good woman when he saw her.
He knew the woman will not walk into what he had. So he came what is light from darkness. I want you to do the same. Voluntarily.

A person who will end up in Paradise will do so even if he/she is just an arm length away from hell. He/she will do things of paradise as last deeds.

The reverse is for the person heading to hell, even if he is outwardly doing things of paradise. He/she will do things of hell as his/her last set of deeds. He/she will leave light and enter into darkness.

(1) (Reply)

Why This? / Un-ban Me Now Or / Oluwaseun Osewa And His Sundry Deserve.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.