Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nigeria Port . . .corrupt? Please Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Port . . .corrupt? Please Help (833 Views)

Nigerian Politicians Are Too Corrupt And Insane – Richard Branson / Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Port . . .corrupt? Please Help by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2007
In my bid to helping some physically challenged youths in the community, I decided to contact some foreign bodies for support and donation of wheel chairs. But I was disappointed by the responses I got, It wasn't because they were not ready to help but they have some reservations about my Country -Nigeria, which sucks me greatly!!! I feel bad.

Below, are some excerpts from their mails to my request for wheelchairs.

"Tosin,
This would take a while to fulfill as we have many requests right now. There is also the complication of finding a sponsor in the US as we do not ship chairs overseas, only to people in the US who would then get the chairs to you via their own means. Lastly, I don't know what you mean by tricycle? Do you mean manual vs power wheelchair? A manual wheelchair is one someone would have to push for the person. A power wheelchair is one that someone can operate themselves, but requires regular charging so optimally a reliable energy source 24/7 and I've lived in Ghana before and a reliable energy source is difficult. So please let me know if you have someone in the US, what you needs are more specifically based on what I've just said, and we'll go from there.

A.K
The Wheelchair Project"

2. "Tosin ,
Thank you for sending your request. Unfortunately, we do not have any wheelchairs available at this time in Nigeria . We had a container sent there, that actually will have to be re routed to Ghana, because of the corruption at the ports in Nigeria , it looks like we will not be able to get it in. I have attached a list of other organizations that may be able to help with your request. Thank you,

W.B
Program Manager"

My Country Port. . . .Corrupt? cry

Although, I've been able to get 2 of the mobility appliances (from various donations in here NIGERIA), But I am yet to give satisfactory replies to these organizations.

I wouldn't mind to hear your views/comments. www.gkcfoundation..com

Thanks. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Biometric Checks Launched For All Uk Visa Applicants / Would You Like To Be Part Of History About To Be Made / Uk Lifts Restriction On Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.