Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8792861 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10134) (10135) (10136) (10137) (10138) (10139) (10140) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 6:35pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

So Haaland and CB will manage themselves? Lol

If this guy was Italian, his name will be Ricardo Menti cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:38pm On May 09, 2021
Joezinho:

When you complain , they attack you. cheesy

I think people are mistaking Maguire for being 15 or 30 million. cheesy

Fridge is the most expensive CB ever!! And funny thing is no matter who Ramos is put beside he’s shows his class , same for VVD or Koulibaly but our Samsung fridge on the other hand needs another CB to make him look good ..

That’s the most annoying bit.

We should be keeping a minimum of 25 clean sheets per season with an £80m asset in the defence.

I saw someone posting Maguire’s defensive ranking in Man Utd where he came first overall. Such dubious stats are put out by SkySports to justify his transfer fee and the fact that he’s English.

Maguire has played 3,048 minutes in the PL. Lindelof has played 2,475 mins. With Maguire having played around 600 PL minutes more than the next centre-half, how won’t he have the most clearances, interceptions, etc than anyone else in the team?

Why didn’t they compare Maguire’s defensive stats to other players in the league instead of his team mates? Because they know if they did that, he would be quickly exposed as the fraud that he is. The English propaganda in overhyping their mediocre players is one of the reasons they fail in international tournaments.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:41pm On May 09, 2021
DeadPresidents:

If this guy was Italian, his name will be Ricardo Menti cheesy
If he was South American his name would be Joel Mentinez! grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:41pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

So Haaland and CB will manage themselves abi?

Lol . There are good coaches out there boss.

Hans-Dieter Flick

Gian Piero Gasperini (atalanta)

Jorge Jesus(benfica)

Christophe Galtier (lille)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:43pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

So Haaland and CB will manage themselves? Lol

Mou won't be a bad comeback but he has a job now. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2021
Joezinho:

Mou won't be a bad comeback but he has a job now. grin

You want Man Utd to employ Jose Mourinho again after sacking him??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2021
Joezinho:

Lol . There are good coaches out there boss.

Hans-Dieter Flick

Gian Piero Gasperini (atalanta)

Jorge Jesus(benfica)

Christophe Galtier (lille)

We should sign four coaches? I don’t get.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 6:47pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

Chelsea hired him again after sacking him.

Stranger things have happened.

He’s a better manager than this fraud.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:48pm On May 09, 2021
Illimitable:

That’s the most annoying bit.

We should be keeping a minimum of 25 clean sheets per season with an £80m asset in the defence.

I saw someone posting Maguire’s defensive ranking in Man Utd where he came first overall. Such dubious stats are put out by SkySports to justify his transfer fee and the fact that he’s English.

Maguire has played 3,048 minutes in the PL. Lindelof has played 2,475 mins. With Maguire having played around 600 PL minutes more than the next centre-half, how won’t he have the most clearances, interceptions, etc than anyone else in the team?

Why didn’t they compare Maguire’s defensive stats to other players in the league instead of his team mates? Because they know if they did that, he would be quickly exposed as the fraud that he is. The English propaganda in overhyping their mediocre players is one of the reasons they fail in international tournaments.

I know wikipedia is free but some people need to start watching football live rather than just look at at those ridiculous stats..

Maguire is our worst defender since Jonny Evans and Wes Brown.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:48pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

We should sign four coaches? I don’t get.

Any one of these coaches..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:49pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

He's still better than what we have
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 6:50pm On May 09, 2021
Illimitable:

Chelsea hired him again after sacking him.

Stranger things have happened.

He’s a better manager than this fraud.

Word on a marble cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 6:53pm On May 09, 2021
I hope Yoonited keep Ole next season. That will be so great.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 09, 2021
So if we avoid defeat at Wolves on the last day of the season, that would be us unbeaten away through out the season. sad

Mehn we've had a strange season so far, showing bipolar abilities. Our home form must improve drastically next season if we are to stand a chance of winning the league.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superfelix: 6:57pm On May 09, 2021
Top4 officially sealed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:00pm On May 09, 2021
superfelix:
Top4 officially sealed.

Yeah. Let's celebrate it. cheesy

I remembered when we used to mock arsenal for not being a big team because of top four and not winning trophies.

The sad thing is that oleinners see top 4 as gold and feel there should be no reason to blame the manager.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:00pm On May 09, 2021
BikeMan:

If I were a Chelsea fan like you, I would also hope United give Ole a new contract until 2040. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:01pm On May 09, 2021
handelex:
So if we avoid defeat at Wolves on the last day of the season, that would be us unbeaten away through out the season. sad

Mehn we've had a strange season so far, showing bipolar abilities. Our home form must improve drastically next season if we are to stand a chance of winning the league.

Another trophy won? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

Martial is still going to shine. Ole will just have to find the right motivation for him- like he did last season.

Always looking for motivation to shine.

Is that the same way he looks for motivation to collect over £200k per week?

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:14pm On May 09, 2021
Leyqute:

Can only be ment. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 7:16pm On May 09, 2021
handelex:

14 wins from 19 home games + 10 wins from 19 away matches amount to 72 points.

8 points from the balance of 14 matches (5 home + 9 away) ....added to the 72 points calculated above, fetches atleast 80 points.

I really do not understand why this should be too difficult for any team with serious title ambitions

It's rather unfortunate that we are still struggling, despite the huge investments in the side...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2021
Illimitable:

We are a very defensive side.

Why do you think we don’t press opponents like the other clubs? You see Bruno and Rashford pressing and the others have withdrawn back to our half to the disgust of Bruno. This happens every time in a match.
We do partial pressing.

Wan Bissaka was brought in to stop attacks, he’s almost useless once he crosses the halfway line.

Shaw isn’t an all out attacking left back. He’s 50-50 at best. Then we have 2 centre halves.

Ndidi alone should be able to do the job against the mid-table teams and bottom teams. United can get an elite defender to back it up for maximum security though.

However, Ndidi’s defensive stat is ridiculous. I rate him as highly as Casemiro.
We don't press because the players are not trained to press. Meanwhile where did you get this chart from?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2021
Illimitable:

Koulibaly was available that summer and Ole went for the fridge. I will never understand how he concluded Maguire was worth £80m.

He just wasted money on a rubbish defender.
Yet almost every top team have overlooked Koulibaly for two years now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 7:18pm On May 09, 2021
O yes, we keeping him to win the EPL. grin grin
BikeMan:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 7:20pm On May 09, 2021
Oh we are winning. All things will work towards that reality. grin. But come to think of it, it seems we haven't lost any home game since Ole ordered a banner change. I am starting to believe the Juju joke. grin
handelex:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 7:24pm On May 09, 2021
benji93:
O yes, we keeping him to win the EPL. grin grin
Exactly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:34pm On May 09, 2021
eph12:

We don't press because the players are not trained to press. Meanwhile where did you get this chart from?

We don’t press because of Maguire.

Ole is scared if he leaves a high line and the opponents catch us on a break, they would flame Maguire.

The chart is classified. cheesy

eph12:

Yet almost every top team have overlooked Koulibaly for two years now

Every top team overlooked Bruno as well until it became absolutely necessary for United to find a creative hub and they signed him with the high risk involved.

The drawback with Koulibaly was that he was too old but he is only one month older than Van Dijk. If Liverpool fans still have hopes for Van Dijk’s return, why didn’t Ole go after Koulibaly 2 years ago?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:38pm On May 09, 2021
adisaaowala:

8 points from the balance of 14 matches (5 home + 9 away) ....added to the 72 points calculated above, fetches atleast 80 points.

I really do not understand why this should be too difficult for any team with serious title ambitions

It's rather unfortunate that we are still struggling, despite the huge investments in the side...
10 draws already this season. Of which at least half should have been wins. That's 8 extra points to what we currently have with a game in hand.

In some of those draws, the attack drew blanks. In others the defence killed us with last minute equalizers.

We only have ourselves to blame. Anything less than the league next season and Ole should just disappear from the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 09, 2021
adisaaowala:

8 points from the balance of 14 matches (5 home + 9 away) ....added to the 72 points calculated above, fetches 80 points needed for a solid /credible title challenge.

I still believe had the board gotten us Sancho[although you can't blame them cos of his price tag] or a solid RW, it would have made up the difference in some points we lost. We consistently struggled to create play from the right wing all season that's why we're more left dependent.

That being said, Ole needs to be backed massively this window to get in quality players. We had a bad start to the season same as City but due to their quality depth and Pep's experience, they were able to go on crazy winning streak although some of their key players were injured at the time. It didn't look like City even missed KDB. Only City can do that, it seems Chelsea can as well now thanks to Tuchel.
We lost only Pogba and we went on a bad run, what happens when we lose Bruno?

For me, City will win the league and as much as I'll give Pep credit, his squad simply made the difference not necessarily his brilliance this time around.

Had it been we turned some of those losses at home and draws to wins, this Pep's City won't be so special after all. It's an opportunity missed, who knows how next season will be undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:45pm On May 09, 2021
olabode89:

E go funny die if person go do some digging about peeps that were criticizing the decision to get Cavani. The more shocking part is that he was voted worst signing of the season by journalists...lmao
Lol.. Make the guy dig oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:46pm On May 09, 2021
handelex:
I still believe had the board gotten us Sancho[although you can't blame them cos of his price tag] or a solid RW, it would have made up the difference in some points we lost. We consistently struggled to create play from the right wing all season that's why we're more left dependent.

That being said, Ole needs to be backed massively this window to get in quality players. We had a bad start to the season same as City but due to their quality depth and Pep's experience, they were able to go on crazy winning streak although some of their key players were injured at the time. It didn't look like City even missed KDB. Only City can do that, it seems Chelsea can as well now thanks to Tuchel.
We lost only Pogba and we went on a bad run, what happens when we lose Bruno?

For me, City will win the league and as much as I'll give Pep credit, his squad simply made the difference not necessarily his brilliance this time around.

Had it been we turned some of those losses at home and draws to wins, this Pep's City won't be so special after all. It's an opportunity missed, who knows how next season will be undecided
I was even thinking we've had 10 draws because of bad defence like against Everton and Leicester but most of our draws have been 0-0 which means na attack kill us this season.

Many of those draws also didn't have Cavani in the line up and it shows we can hardly win without him.

There's work to be done this summer. I hope Ole and the recruitment team wont dull us like they did last year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:49pm On May 09, 2021
Illimitable:

We don’t press because of Maguire.

Ole is scared if he leaves a high line and the opponents catch us on a break, they would flame Maguire.

The chart is classified. cheesy

Every top team overlooked Bruno as well until it became absolutely necessary for United to find a creative hub and they signed him with the high risk involved.

The drawback with Koulibaly was that he was too old but he is only one month older than Van Dijk. If Liverpool fans still have hopes for Van Dijk’s return, why didn’t Ole go after Koulibaly 2 years ago?
United went for Bruno, they were on Bruno's radar almost a year, but haven't seen anything like that concerning Koulibaly. LFC have problem with their defense and they haven't looked at Koulibaly. No top team is in the news knocking at Napoli's door for Koulibaly. One would think United is the only team that needs a CB

(1) (2) (3) ... (10134) (10135) (10136) (10137) (10138) (10139) (10140) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LostMyZeal(m), everton4life(m), Cuddler, nitrogen(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.