Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8701813 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10646) (10647) (10648) (10649) (10650) (10651) (10652) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:19am On Aug 22, 2021
chidexxy007:

@bolded, they are both liabilities rn.

I don't agree DDG = Ederson

True @Greenwood.

I don't get.
In the past 2 seasons, I thought Martial have been Ole's first choice CF with Greenwood/James and Rashford on the wings?
We have Sancho now and Cavani since last season...

Our wing options are;

LWF - Rashford, Martial, Sancho

RWF - Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford

James is 4th choice depending on availability and importance of the game...

CF - Cavani, Greenwood, Martial...All based on order of importance and availability...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:20am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

So we are moving from Mahrez to Silva, but its Rashford/Martial to James, why are you combining them. Why not Mahrez/Silva to Edozie.all in the bid to trash the squad
Whatever way you like to see it.
Martial to James or Rashford to James is a huge drop in quality.

Used that cos that's like Ole's favourite changes in the past 2 seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:21am On Aug 22, 2021
inFamouz:
I think we will win something this season, the squad is good enough for at least a domestic trophy, and a good run in the CL, the league will be super interesting, I won't mind us losing to any of the big boys but I want us to run them close.
Same here...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:28am On Aug 22, 2021
If we go back some pages I'm very certain we'll find where you guys have called these same United players names and not good enough for the first team/club like Manchester United.

We all witnessed the rants here when they renewed Mata nd Matic's contract. All of a sudden they are now world beaters.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:30am On Aug 22, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Lmaoooo Another one.

Nitrogen has said his own. You too.

Keep the bias coming.
Lmao, shielding manager from upping his game from NL grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:31am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Olesexuals can be shameless. Buy a DM now the problem will switch to Goal keeper. One have started complaining of Goal keeper now, may be thats the area of another complia. Fred that starts for Brazil ahead of Fabinho is rubbish and trash and cant match up to Rodri/Fernadinho(36 years), and for this reason there is a gulf in class between City and United
Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:33am On Aug 22, 2021
Karleb:

Try to dey attach recipients to your mails abeg.

Omo! grin

The thing come be like Tom and Jerry. grin

The thing no shock you? For Ole to win caraboa cup, Bruno must be 2 so that there wont be any drop in Quality. And surprisingly he is droping from a certain hybrid player known as Marcus Martial (aka Anthony Rashford) to James, hence another trophiless season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 1:34am On Aug 22, 2021
chidexxy007:
If we go back some pages I'm very certain we'll find where you guys have called these same United players names and not good enough for the first team/club like Manchester United.

We all witnessed the rants here when they renewed Mata nd Matic's contract. All of a sudden they are now world beaters.

Not just world beaters but as good as Guardiola's Man City.

Agenda is a name of any person, animal, place or thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:34am On Aug 22, 2021
chidexxy007:

True @Greenwood.

I don't get.
In the past 2 seasons, I thought Martial have been Ole's first choice CF with Greenwood/James and Rashford on the wings?

Telles is a Liability?? I am done
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:39am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Telles is a Liability?? I am done
You did not see rn?

What does he offer defensively and attacking wise.?

Please lecture me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:54am On Aug 22, 2021
chidexxy007:

If some of those players in the city were in our team, there will be multiple rants about them too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 2:00am On Aug 22, 2021
eph12:

If some of those players in the city were in our team, there will be multiple rants about them too
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 2:37am On Aug 22, 2021
For all those people here who have never achieved anything in their lives and do not even have the mental fortitude to go out of their comfort zones into the arena of uncertainty but always feel comfortable to insult, mock and abuse people who have achieved and are achieving more than you ever dared to dream of, this is for you. Always remember that in the grand scheme of things, you are irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 2:48am On Aug 22, 2021
My friend, remember the internet never forgets, I'll hold you to this. cheesy
nitrogen:

Of course, we will definitely talk bout the manager. Everything is on him, if we win trophies this season, I will def praise the manager first before the players.

We can’t take away the manager’s input in all of this, which means even if the squad looks good, the manager must get the best out of the players to win trophies.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:33am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Olesexuals can be shameless. Buy a DM now the problem will switch to Goal keeper. One have started complaining of Goal keeper now, may be thats the area of another complia. Fred that starts for Brazil ahead of Fabinho is rubbish and trash and cant match up to Rodri/Fernadinho(36 years), and for this reason there is a gulf in class between City and United

Anything to absolve Ole of blame. We have quality players. I'm surprised people are saying there is huge gap in the midfield compared to theirs. They will say that because Ole does not use the players in disposition.

You say we have a DM problem but does Ole think so? He would have tried one of those academy boys. Baba no dey ever experiment. We too like ready made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Doc, rhe main issue is not whether City has a better squad or not, the issue is Pep can confidently put in a player and you wont notice it, Klopp played Elliot today, Tuchel played Chalobah 2 consecutive big games, there mustn't be like for like in quality before a manager make changes, fitness issues and form needs to be considered. Solskjaer can decide not to use Mata, Lingard and James as much, yet have plantiful options to call upon. That Pep made changes is not just a function of City's depth, it has something to do with Pep's tactical acumen. Ole has Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani in attacking positions, there is enough embarrassment of talents to rotate freely, even Pogba can even play LW. He cant be complaining of lack of depth.

Nobody is saying we dont need a CDM, but can Ole get a solid 10/15 EPL games from Matic? Well spaced out to match his fitness? Mctoms or Fred can play there afterrall he knew his team strength before going into the season, Nobody will tell me that Ole earnestly needed another CDM and glazers refused to sign. Moreover we mustn't have 22 world class players to compete.

Can he get Mata to start 3/4 EPL games against very low opposition during the tight schedules to rest Bruno and co? Go and check the way Fergie uses his players in a season, Oshea, Fabio Brown Cleverly, Gibson, etc get games at the right time to ease off Vidic/Rio/Carrick/Fletcher, I remember clearly during 2008 and 2008 seasons G.Neviile is almost done but Fergie still start him in games, like 1 game per month or even 1 in 2 months. Saha returned from long term injury in 2008, Fergie found a role for him despite having many options in his position. Even he Ole himself returned from Injury in 2006, Fergie used him very sparingly but crucially due to his fitness and age, he scored some important goals. Ole will stick to a rule book, because he cant tactically tweak things, this is not a dig on him. This Utd team is as good as any team in the world the question is can the team be aplied properly?
This has been my number 1 problem with Ole is inability to rotate his team as at when due as cost man Utd.
James is bad but in games featuring this terrible Daniel James will have score 5 goals or more in the league, he is always a regular feature.

Matic could be useful at times even Mata can feature from the start in some games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:41am On Aug 22, 2021
BARAJ92:
This has been my number 1 problem with Ole is inability to rotate his team as at when due as cost man Utd.
James is bad but in games featuring this terrible Daniel James will have score 5 goals or more in the league, he is always a regular feature.

Matic could be useful at times even Mata can feature from the start in some games.

No way! How dare you? You have an agenda!!! You are looking for fault to discredit saint Ole. Glazers must find like for like in quality for Bruno, Shaw,Varane, Cavani, Pogba, Maguire, Rashford/Martial as a single player or else forget any trophy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:42am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Doc, rhe main issue is not whether City has a better squad or not, the issue is Pep can confidently put in a player and you wont notice it, Klopp played Elliot today, Tuchel played Chalobah 2 consecutive big games, there mustn't be like for like in quality before a manager make changes, fitness issues and form needs to be considered. Solskjaer can decide not to use Mata, Lingard and James as much, yet have plantiful options to call upon. That Pep made changes is not just a function of City's depth, it has something to do with Pep's tactical acumen. Ole has Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani in attacking positions, there is enough embarrassment of talents to rotate freely, even Pogba can even play LW. He cant be complaining of lack of depth.

Nobody is saying we dont need a CDM, but can Ole get a solid 10/15 EPL games from Matic? Well spaced out to match his fitness? Mctoms or Fred can play there afterrall he knew his team strength before going into the season, Nobody will tell me that Ole earnestly needed another CDM and glazers refused to sign. Moreover we mustn't have 22 world class players to compete.

Can he get Mata to start 3/4 EPL games against very low opposition during the tight schedules to rest Bruno and co? Go and check the way Fergie uses his players in a season, Oshea, Fabio Brown Cleverly, Gibson, etc get games at the right time to ease off Vidic/Rio/Carrick/Fletcher, I remember clearly during 2008 and 2008 seasons G.Neviile is almost done but Fergie still start him in games, like 1 game per month or even 1 in 2 months. Saha returned from long term injury in 2008, Fergie found a role for him despite having many options in his position. Even he Ole himself returned from Injury in 2006, Fergie used him very sparingly but crucially due to his fitness and age, he scored some important goals. Ole will stick to a rule book, because he cant tactically tweak things, this is not a dig on him. This Utd team is as good as any team in the world the question is can the team be aplied properly?

Amaka is not on the level of Pep, Klopp, Tuchel. That is a solid fact that most reasonable people won’t debate.

However the question of squad quality is a different issue. The fact that Amaka is not good does not automatically make his squad the best.

The 2 things can be right. Pep can be a better manager than Amaka and still have a better squad than him as well.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 5:44am On Aug 22, 2021
chidexxy007:

True @Greenwood.

I don't get.
Why won't you say Telles is a liability when he rots on the bench

Bought two proven players last season but glued them to the bench. This will never make sense to me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:49am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Well, it's generally accepted we need a DM however City more than ever do have deficiencies...Cancelo was deployed at LB today just because Pep doesn't trust his LB options...They're lacking in the CF position so, while they might blitz past Norwich, they'll struggle against top opposition...

No matter how I want to excuse Ole, I think the buck stops at his table, he has to find a way to utilize the squad better, that's one area where Pep has mastered, we have the numbers and quality, we just need to make it count...

Do you know all these things you said about not excusing Amaka and us having a really good squad can be true and City might still have a better squad?

I wanted Amaka sacked back in the first half of last season. I am not interested in excusing him.
He has disappointed in some ridiculous ways so I no send the guy as a manager.

However I still believe Pep’s squad is better. They are more resistant to star injury and for most people it would even be difficult to name with certainty who the top stars on that team are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:58am On Aug 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

They will avoid this question. So because City have a better DM than Man Utd just a single position, that means UTD as team lack quality?

I don’t sleep on Nairaland. Anyway I have replied his question.

And you can’t choose for me which question or topic I should get involved in.

The guy made a statement that Rodri was not better than McTom and i decided to tackle it seeing that this was one the foundation stones of his claim that they didn’t have a better squad.

And I am happy to say he has now retracted that statement. Problem solved. cheesy

What I like is when people argue/debate with logic and facts and not make emotional and hyperbolic statements like the Rodri statement or for instance saying that Gio Reyna in 2020 was already better than Sancho cheesy

P.S And the debate was not about whether we have or lack quality. We have loads of quality. It is just my opinion that the City squad just has more.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:04am On Aug 22, 2021
It is also quite ridiculous to say that the only reason someone will believe City’s squad is better than our squad is to defend Amaka.

So it is impossible for a neutral person to look at that City squad and believe they are better?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:19am On Aug 22, 2021
With the way people here have been attacking our players since the days of Mourinho I didn’t know those same players were so highly rated.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:43am On Aug 22, 2021
DeadPresidents:

I think Chong, Amad and Lingard are going out either temporarily or permanent.

Chong may not even make it at senior level as a winger as his time in Birmingham city so far has seen him performing excellently in central midfield.

Elanga will contend with James for the backup LWF role (which i think he’ll come up tops long as he stays fit)

That leaves Rashford, James and Elanga which is a decent number of left wingers.

AMAD will not be sold nd would be around next season..

Let's not forget pelestri.

Nd what's all this talk of AMAD to crystal Palace... I reject it oh.. Those people play shit.. Attack is zero..

Except dem. Wan convert the innocent boy to defensive winger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 7:17am On Aug 22, 2021
Mrviktor:

AMAD will not be sold nd would be around next season..

Let's not forget pelestri.

Nd what's all this talk of AMAD to crystal Palace... I reject it oh.. Those people play shit.. Attack is zero..

Except dem. Wan convert the innocent boy to defensive winger

Of course Amad is not for sale.

Crystal palace does not look like a good loan for two reasons:

- Crystal probably intend on using Amad as a backup for Eberechi Eze/Wilf Zaha pending when Eze returns from injury. After that happens, i don’t see any incentives to keep developing a player for another EPL team.

- Crystal currently play 19th century agrarian football with emphasis on defensive contribution from wingers. How will a lite technical player like Amad adapt is an unknown.

Only benefit i can think of is Vieira being a black French speaker which could be helpful in building empathy and communication.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:19am On Aug 22, 2021
afrodoc2:

Do you know all these things you said about not excusing Amaka and us having a really good squad can be true and City might still have a better squad?

I wanted Amaka sacked back in the first half of last season. I am not interested in excusing him.
He has disappointed in some ridiculous ways so I no send the guy as a manager.

However I still believe Pep’s squad is better. They are more resistant to star injury and for most people it would even be difficult to name with certainty who the top stars on that team are.
If Ole manages the squad we have well, I believe even we can develop this resistance to star injury...

At City, game time is spread across and that's how it should be, they all look sharp when called upon but here, Bruno, Pogba, AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and McFred must play every game, how then will VDB, Telles, Dalot and the rest not look off space when situation forces Ole's hand to use them?

When Rashford and Cavani returns, I will like to see how Ole handles our attack...We too can share game time around while remaining incredibly strong, it's up to Ole to figure out how best to use the squad at his disposal. Here's hoping he gets it right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:27am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
If Ole manages the squad we have well, I believe even we can develop this resistance to star injury...

At City, game time is spread across and that's how it should be, they all look sharp when called upon but here, Bruno, Pogba, AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Rashford and McFred must play every game, how then will VDB, Telles, Dalot and the rest not look off space when situation forces Ole's hand to use them?

When Rashford and Cavani returns, I will like to see how Ole handles our attack...We too can share game time around while remaining incredibly strong, it's up to Ole to figure out how best to use the squad at his disposal. Here's hoping he gets it right.

Hopefully the guy will grow a pair and start making use of his squad.

I am sure he won't have any problems rotating the forwards (apart from Bruno). The problem like you rightly pointed out is when it comes to resting Bruno, using VDB and resting our 1st choice defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Pep swaps players week in week out and it’s like nothing happened. Even the almighty De Bruyne grin

Swap out Bruno for VDB, and come read the comments on this thread that day. grin

“He’s too slow” “He plays too safe” “He likes passing” “He’s not aggressive”.... tears upon tears. Funniest aspect is it’ll be from the same camp that believes we’re on par with City grin
Is Pep rotation working because all his players are world class or because he is that good a manager? We have very good first eleven and second eleven players, Ole should learn how to rotate his players and keep them fresh for the title running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2021
So we should not talk about Ole because we have not manged a club as big as United before? Lol...

E no go work...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2021
afrodoc2:

Hopefully the guy will grow a pair and start making use of his squad.

I am sure he won't have any problems rotating the forwards (apart from Bruno). The problem like you rightly pointed out is when it comes to resting Bruno, using VDB and resting our 1st choice defenders.
Dias plays almost all City games same with Stones...Against lower opposition, Pep plays Gundogan as the DM with KDB/Silva and Foden ahead of him...

I think we can rest one or two of AWB, Varane, Maguire and Shaw against lowly opponents. The problem is when Ole rest all our star performers for a game and brings in a lot of bench warmers. At least let the start while resting 1 or 2 first team players...

For instance if Dalot replaces AWB in a defense that has Varane, Maguire, Shaw and a midfield of McFred, Pogba, Bruno, you'd hardly notice a drop in quality...That's a good way to give minutes to those on the bench and not put out a starting 11 of Dalot - Lindelof - Bailly - Telles in defense with Matic - VDB and McTominay in midfield...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2021
patrickmuf:
Klopp didn't have the best CF, CM, AM and RCB but he won the league but here we must sign the best in every position...

If Ole was a black man then I would have attributed it to juju abi Norway dey do juju pass us?
You just like to argue and argue your life away on what adds no economic value to your life in Calabar. Sit here all day and be castigating those people who are among the best in their careers. Glazes, whose funds are the major force directing the affairs of the club are not complaining. The mancurians forking out GBP to watch every season are not perrenial complainants,

Na somebori from Calabar carry the matter for head like Panama hat.
Despite melodygonna trying more than enough to make you see reason, you still no Wan gree use your intellect effectively.
If you like, cry from now till eternity, the club will decide when it's employee (manager or player) leaves. If you are still watching football with the mindset that your team is expected to beat every other club to it every time, then you are not qualified to be a fan.
Let me ask you this....

How many times have you complained that your father is not as rich as dangote? How many time have you aspired to be the best employee in the organization? But you persistently complain about someone doing the best in his field to ensure success for himself and the organization he represents. You and your ilks here just waste the whole day giving people thousand rational and irrational reasons to see someone in a bad light.
Make una no kill unaself on issues that are beyond your control. undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2021
TheLequte:

Maguire sef. If he gets injured we’re doomed. And AWB too.

Maguire, Bruno and AWB. The drop in quality when compared with their replacements is huuuuge.

City has almost nothing like that. KDB gets injured? Graelish or Gundogan will slot in and the drop in quality will not he huuuuge.
This is obvious, even to the blind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10646) (10647) (10648) (10649) (10650) (10651) (10652) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.