Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730505 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:55am On Oct 10, 2014
Why stop at just 50k a week? Why not give him 100k a week and the C of O of Old Trafford join...

Heavenly freekicks ko, Al Jannah corner ni

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

Well since I'm not his father or brother speaking as a fan, I'd say 30k is enough for him as a starter just coming into the limelight of d senior team. You think cos he played only few games or 3 if I'm right that impressed people, other clubs wud just come from no where and spend big on him like dat ? You have a way of twisting issues cooger. I fear u o. You fit make chronic arm robber look like pastor o.

how old is luke shaw? 19
how much is he copping? £100k/week

and you want blackett(20 years of age) to be earning £30k/week?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

there's money in their game. the skill level hardly matters. there's a special premium attached to british players...
The more reason why he should prove himself.
He's going to be viewed under the umbrella of rich British kids and unfairly scrutinized. That could have a negative impact on his career. If anything he should be trying to repeal that sad image that the average Brit player has of being too rich without any consumate skill.
Only Gareth Bale would be worthy of any wages being paid.

Iwoulda thought the reasonable thing to do would be to allow him establish himself to the point where he is deemed and asset/unbenchable barring injury/suspension within a given time-frame,say this season before rewarding him with a jumbo packet.
It's not like if we get someone like Hummels, Blackett would still win a starting berth by default.

Olorun, van Gaal is slowly losing it.
coogar:

sterling has been their best player this season. it's just unfortunate he's been surrounded by a steamy pile of shyte!
Sterling is over-hyped.Suarez made all of them look like the real deal.
He is characterized by Headless chicken runs on toothpick legs with nonsense decision making like Welbeck.
Would you pay the 100k a week that Liverpool is putting on the table for that midget?

coogar:

wayne "superman" rooney? cheesy cheesy
Wayne weightlifter Rooney.
i'm yet to see the positive impact he has had on United since 2009/10. Despite copping over 300k a week in wages.

coogar:

how old is luke shaw? 19
The more reason why we are having this debate.
Luke Shaw should not be a reference point. Dude has absolutely no grounds to stand on on that 100k a week salary. No wonder he cannot complete a full 90 mins without getting cramps with his swollen intestines.
it's all these silly over-rated and over-pampered British players earning Kings salaries but playing otherwise.

The wages are actually slowing them down before they hit their prime because it only makes them stay in a comfort zone and it severely limits their improvements.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
StarBoard:

The more reason why he should prove himself.
He's going to be viewed under the umbrella of rich British kids and unfairly scrutinized. That could have a negative impact on his career. If anything he should be trying to repeal that sad image that the average Brit player has of being too rich without any consumate skill.
Only Gareth Bale would be worthy of any wages being paid.

he has already proven himself. without any bias, blackett is our 2nd best performer in that defence. he was outstanding in the preseason games against top teams & he's carried on since the season started.

Iwoulda thought the reasonable thing to do would be to allow him establish himself to the point where he is deemed and asset/unbenchable barring injury/suspension within a given time-frame,say this season before rewarding him with a jumbo packet.
It's not like if we get someone like Hummels, Blackett would still win a starting berth by default.

i wish it's that easy. only £3,000 increase and the promise of regular football convinced pogba to leave us for juventus. while you are waiting for blackett to prove himself, any of chelsea or city can throw their offer in & blackett's agent would bite it.

Olorun, van Gaal is slowly losing it.

he's not - it's simply because united are rich.

Sterling is over-hyped.Suarez made all of them look like the real deal. He is characterized by Headless chicken runs on toothpick legs with nonsense decision making like Welbeck. Would you pay the 100k a week that Liverpool is putting on the table for that midget?

i agree with all that - but he's been their best player this season. tying them up in long contracts shows commitment from the club & it makes it more difficult for scavengers to home in.

Wayne weightlifter Rooney.
i'm yet to see the positive impact he has had on United since 2009/10. Despite copping over 300k a week in wages.

he scored a good goal yesterday albeit from a penalty kick. having analysed the speed of the ball, the projectile of the flight of the ball & the placement of the ball......i can tell you it's the best penalty ever taken in the history of the game.

rooney deserves your respect!

The more reason why we are having this debate. Luke Shaw should not be a reference point. Dude has absolutely no grounds to stand on on that 100k a week salary. No wonder he cannot complete a full 90 mins without getting cramps with his swollen intestines. it's all these silly over-rated and over-pampered British players earning Kings salaries but playing otherwise.

that's exactly the point!
shaw would be used as reference point - he's 19, never won a title & we are giving him £100k/week.

it's the wage structure - we have about £200m to spend on player wages every year.....the agents know this, the players know this. they know what rooney, young, mata are earning, so why would they negotiate for less? you think blackett came to old trafford to count the number of red seats?

The wages are actually slowing them down before they hit their prime because it only makes them stay in a comfort zone and it severely limits their improvements.

i agree.....
there should be a cap on player wages - but that seems unlikely now. the game is getting bigger by the minute. more investors are throwing ridiculous money at the game. united's turnover last year went past £400m, they are entitled to spend half of that to pay the wages of their players......

it's just business.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
Blackett is a United fan born and bred, he would have stayed for 30k for now.......this is his first real senior season after all. The jump from 2k to 50k is very capable of inducing vertigo leading to bad lifestyle decisions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

how old is luke shaw? 19

Who is talking about age here. Abeg don't twist the issue here like u always do. We are talking about experience here. Luke shaw has been in d game long enough to earn himself dat amount if not for his easy way of sliding into the injury list. Not a student who just graduated or about to graduate from d academy. I still say 50k is way too much. He is still under Watch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
afrodoc:
Blackett is a United fan born and bred, he would have stayed for 30k for now.......this is his first real senior season after all. The jump from 2k to 50k is very capable of inducing vertigo leading to bad lifestyle decisions.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

it's the wage structure.....
the players who cannot get into the team are earning around that amount, how long do you think his agent would wait around for?

blackett is supremely talented - his freekicks are heavenly. he's the biggest man utd revelation in 2014. i don't have any grudge against the young man at all. he deserves it.

He may deserve it, but too soon.. this might be the sign that he has already won first team place and now lack motivation / challenge to be consistent.. Our captain for instance, got a fat 300K and assured he's always in the starting XI, and he's regressed ever since.

Biggest revelation? he isn't better than Paddy McNair.. if Blackett's earning 50K, McNair should get 100K..

I hope this doesn't affect his progress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

Who is talking about age here. Abeg don't twist the issue here like u always do. We are talking about experience here. Luke shaw has been in d game long enough to earn himself dat amount if not for his easy way of sliding into the injury list. Not a student who just graduated or about to graduate from d academy. I still say 50k is way too much. He is still under Watch

so blackett does not deserve to earn half of what luke shaw is earning at united? i am not sure you have eaten today......what has luke shaw achieved to be earning £100k per week?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

he has already proven himself. without any bias, blackett is our 2nd best performer in that defence. he was outstanding in the preseason games against top teams & he's carried on since the season started.
We all agree that he's exceeded expectations especially in the light of our non-existent re-inforcement of our defence.
However that raise is astronomical.
coogar:

i wish it's that easy. only £3,000 increase and the promise of regular football convinced pogba to leave us for juventus. while you are waiting for blackett to prove himself, any of chelsea or city can throw their offer in & blackett's agent would bite it.
Pogba must have been malnourished in his former life.If he's making shakara for 23k a week then he must be a dolt.

There's no reason why a performance/incentive-based pay packet would not have been implemented in this case. It would serve to motivate the player to raise his standard and improve his game. When the KPI would have been reached, a more meaningful deal would be more welcome.

United will simply refuse to sell him if he shows potential of being the next Rio as he's been touted as.
coogar:

he's not - it's simply because united are rich.
van Gaal is the one who recommended the pay rise.
He must be growing senile if he could do such.
United being rich has nothing to do with it. Dangote and Adenuga ar some of the most frugal human beings in this world despite their billions. we shouldn't be throwing away money just because we can.

coogar:

i agree with all that - but he's been their best player this season. tying them up in long contracts shows commitment from the club & it makes it more difficult for scavengers to home in.
Those long-term commitments also translate to high transfer tags to prospective buyers.
If Real Madrid offer 30 million for the Sterling they are trying to seemingly keep with excess of 100k a week, will the latter keep him at Anfield?
coogar:

he scored a good goal yesterday albeit from a penalty kick. having analysed the speed of the ball, the projectile of the flight of the ball & the placement of the ball......i can tell you it's the best penalty ever taken in the history of the game.
rooney deserves your respect!
I already listed him as #65 on Fergie's all-time United squad.
That is enough.
A 300k a week player who is our best karate exponent doesn't deserve any more.
coogar:

that's exactly the point!
shaw would be used as reference point - he's 19, never won a title & we are giving him £100k/week.
it's the wage structure - we have about £200m to spend on player wages every year.....the agents know this, the players know this. they know what rooney, young, mata are earning, so why would they negotiate for less? you think blackett came to old trafford to count the number of red seats?
And since we're giving Shaw that much, how come someone who's performed better than him and is older is recieving only half of what Shaw is getting?
The logic behind the whole scenario of paying teenagers astronomical wages is still to be seen.
If I were in a position to do something about it, I would make sure that players below a certain age or number of appearances have a performance-based contract.
Shaw is being paid 100k to concede penalties like the Everton game and hardly completing 90 mins without even winning a tub of ice cream. What is the world coming to?
Mata, Young and Rooney can be justified in terms of trophies or individual awards won in their careers.
coogar:

i agree.....
there should be a cap on player wages - but that seems unlikely now. the game is getting bigger by the minute. more investors are throwing ridiculous money at the game. united's turnover last year went past £400m, they are entitled to spend half of that to pay the wages of their players......
it's just business.....

It is business.
But there can be a wage policy that would make some sense in a crazy world.
I still think players below 21 should have an appearance based contract, and that should be league-wide.
UEFA should be looking into issues like these instead of other irrelevancies.
The way the game is going I'm not sure football in itself would be self-sustaining. The game is becoming a financial black-hole and things are not stabilizing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

so blackett does not deserve to earn half of what luke shaw is earning at united? i am not sure you have eaten today......what has luke shaw achieved to be earning £100k per week?

Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!........Luke shaw has been playing for southampton before choosing to join manchester united. His game at southampton made united showed interest in him, what has blackett done ? playing at united's academy ? Don't even start this your drama with me. You can do that with elampiro and the likes, don't try to sell me a snow while i live in eskimo. you are the one who hasn't eaten here for days with your baseless arguments. Abeg, i no get your time. Break your own record of baseless argument.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!........Luke shaw has been playing for southampton before choosing to join manchester united. His game at southampton made united showed interest in him, what has blackett done ? playing at united's academy ?

you are a fool!
luke shaw completing a season at southampton has no bearing here since blackett isn't getting the same wages as shaw. he's getting half of what shaw gets despite the fact that shaw isn't twice better as blackett. it's blackett that can play in more than one position, not shaw. it's blackett that has filled in for the injured defenders since the preseason, not shaw.

he deserves more than £50k/week sef.

Don't even start this your drama with me. You can do that with elampiro and the likes, don't try to sell me a snow while i live in eskimo. you are the one who hasn't eaten here for days with your baseless arguments. Abeg, i no get your time. Break your own record of baseless argument.

there's no point selling snow to an eskimo that is arguing against logic. if you are irked blackett is getting a pay-rise, gather stones in a big bucket & go to old trafford to stage a violent protest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

you are a fool!
luke shaw completing a season at southampton has no bearing here since blackett isn't getting the same wages as shaw. he's getting half of what shaw gets despite the fact that shaw isn't twice better as blackett. it's blackett that can play in more than one position, not shaw. it's blackett that has filled in for the injured defenders since the preseason, not shaw.

he deserves more than £50k/week sef.

there's no point selling snow to an eskimo that is arguing against logic. if you are irked blackett is getting a pay-rise, gather stones in a big bucket & go to old trafford to stage a violent protest.

You are a nitwit for thinking Blackett has earned his place to make such huge amount of money. And how many games has blackett played ? You need brain surgery my friend and i mean it. What's bringing shaw into this ? You have succeeded in dragging this issue in comparing. i know u are good at that. comparing 2 players, its your calling and you are good at misleading and coming up with rubbish statistics to back up your useless claims. You are the biggest fool here who thinks he is smart and knows all. Shaw is bad and yet the club went ahead to spend lavishly to get him to united. My friend, get away! you have no common sense (if such exists)

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
Most times we don't have the whole picture. We don't know which clubs are making inquiries already. My submission is that if Gaal sanctioned it, then it's good.

The only problem is the number of players we have in that left side of the defence. Evans, Shaw, Rojo, Blackett competing for 1 or 2 spots considering Smalling and Jones can suddenly form a formidable partnership.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
mcfarlin:

As how?

Torres' name will go down in history as one of the biggest flops of all time.

If Diego Costa keeps 'mis-firing' for Spain, Torres will not even make it anywhere near that history!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

Oh Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!........Luke shaw has been playing for southampton before choosing to join manchester united. His game at southampton made united showed interest in him, what has blackett done ? playing at united's academy ? Don't even start this your drama with me. You can do that with elampiro and the likes, don't try to sell me a snow while i live in eskimo. you are the one who hasn't eaten here for days with your baseless arguments. Abeg, i no get your time. Break your own record of baseless argument.
There is a general problem.
Young British players are not only expensive to buy but they are high-maintenance.
The modern day British player is motivated not by laurels and awards but rather by cash.
Luke Shaw does not deserve to be paid 100k a week of anything,including CFA Francs or Dalasi.

especially since he has not shown anything out of the ordinary to be earning that figure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
StarBoard:

We all agree that he's exceeded expectations especially in the light of our non-existent re-inforcement of our defence.
However that raise is astronomical.

footballer's wages are generally ridiculous
my point is - as long as shaw & co are getting paid £100k/week, blackett should be in the same wage bracket.

Pogba must have been malnourished in his former life.If he's making shakara for 23k a week then he must be a dolt.

£23k + regular appearance - juventus
£20k + no appearance - man utd.

which one would you take?

There's no reason why a performance/incentive-based pay packet would not have been implemented in this case. It would serve to motivate the player to raise his standard and improve his game. When the KPI would have been reached, a more meaningful deal would be more welcome.

football agents are involved too.
the higher they can negotiate for their client, the bigger their take-home pay. there's a big difference between 10% of £30k and 10% of £50k

United will simply refuse to sell him if he shows potential of being the next Rio as he's been touted as.

if he's determined to move, there's nothing united can do. agent power >>>>> club power.

van Gaal is the one who recommended the pay rise. He must be growing senile if he could do such.
United being rich has nothing to do with it. Dangote and Adenuga ar some of the most frugal human beings in this world despite their billions. we shouldn't be throwing away money just because we can.

it's the wage structure - nothing to do with van gaal.....if our highest paid player is getting £100k, blackett wouldn't have been offered more than £15k(max).

Those long-term commitments also translate to high transfer tags to prospective buyers.
If Real Madrid offer 30 million for the Sterling they are trying to seemingly keep with excess of 100k a week, will the latter keep him at Anfield?

huh?

I already listed him as #65 on Fergie's all-time United squad.
That is enough.
A 300k a week player who is our best karate exponent doesn't deserve any more.

rooney should be in your top 20....no matter the beef. grin

And since we're giving Shaw that much, how come someone who's performed better than him and is older is recieving only half of what Shaw is getting?
The logic behind the whole scenario of paying teenagers astronomical wages is still to be seen.
If I were in a position to do something about it, I would make sure that players below a certain age or number of appearances have a performance-based contract.
Shaw is being paid 100k to concede penalties like the Everton game and hardly completing 90 mins without even winning a tub of ice cream. What is the world coming to?
Mata, Young and Rooney can be justified in terms of trophies or individual awards won in their careers.

that's exactly why i cannot begrudge blackett's wages. to cry over blackett's pay rise, we should start from rooney all the way down to thorpe & paddy mc nair.

we shouldn't nitpick because blackett is a local lad. if shaw who's done next to nothing is on £100k then blackett should be on £80k at the very least. if we were to use your yardstick, both of them are yet to prove themselves at old trafford.

It is business.
But there can be a wage policy that would make some sense in a crazy world.
I still think players below 21 should have an appearance based contract, and that should be league-wide.
UEFA should be looking into issues like these instead of other irrelevancies.
The way the game is going I'm not sure football in itself would be self-sustaining. The game is becoming a financial black-hole and things are not stabilizing.

what can the manager do?
the money is excessive - the club have to spend that money somewhere or the glazers would keep it as dividends......they don't have to use it to buy quality players. i would rather we spoil our players than for the glazers to use it to buy abother property in hollywood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
StarBoard:

There is a general problem.
Young British players are not only expensive to buy but they are high-maintenance.
The modern day British player is motivated not by laurels and awards but rather by cash.
Luke Shaw does not deserve to be paid 100k a week of anything,including CFA Francs or Dalasi.

especially since he has not shown anything out of the ordinary to be earning that figure.

I once said it here on this thread that english players are over-rated, spoilt and pampered(maybe its cos its their league). At the moment they begin to get a pay rise, they start loosing focus, Either Luke Shaw o, Rooney o, Blackett....we all know they don't deserve the amount they are being paid. Blackett on the other hand is too sudden to start earning such huge amount for a starter. But anyway, its United.......I'm done arguing about this cos i know how far coogar would want to take this and i don't have the time to exchange words. You can't judge a player with a few games and then see him as the saviour and then go all out to elevate him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
RuuDie:

If Diego Costa keeps 'mis-firing' for Spain, Torres will not even make it anywhere near that history!

Lol [b]chelshit fans[/b]no wan hear that one oooo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

You are a nitwit for thinking Blackett has earned his place to make such huge amount of money. And how many games has blackett played ? You need brain surgery my friend and i mean it. What's bringing shaw into this ? You have succeeded in dragging this issue in comparing. i know u are good at that.

how many games has shaw played?
even when he was regular at southampton, what did he achieve there? if blackett is so bad, why did he get automatic promotion from van gaal?

you sat your crusty arsë in a remote village in nigeria & you are using your village lens to analyse a global issue. you must be a cretin. how can i make you understand if i don't bring shaw into it?

comparing 2 players, its your calling and you are good at misleading and coming up with rubbish statistics to back up your useless claims. You are the biggest fool here who thinks he is smart and knows all. Shaw is bad and yet the club went ahead to spend lavishly to get him to united. My friend, get away! you have no common sense (if such exists)

you are a mongolian idïot!
so you really think shaw deserves to be paid £100k but blackett(our own local graduate) shouldn't be on £50k? you must be suffering from down syndrome not to notice you are arguing against logic. if you cannot see shaw's wages are outrageous then you should log out & kill yourself!

igbsam:

I once said it here on this thread that english players are over-rated, spoilt and pampered(maybe its cos its their league). At the moment they begin to get a pay rise, they start loosing focus, Either Luke Shaw o, Rooney o, Blackett....we all know they don't deserve the amount they are being paid. Blackett on the other hand is too sudden to start earning such huge amount for a starter. But anyway, its United.......

I'm done arguing about this cos i know how far coogar would want to take this and i don't have the time to exchange words. You can't judge a player with a few games and then see him as the saviour and then go all out to elevate him.

it's their money, their country & their league. if the other leagues are as rich as the premier league, they would do the same. the more money pumped into the game, the more players would get. the club cannot just keep all that money they get from TV/FA to themselves & put players on low wages......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

how many games has shaw played?
even when he was regular at southampton, what did he achieve there? if blackett is so bad, why did he get automatic promotion from van gaal?

you sat your crusty arsë in a remote village in nigeria & you are using your village lens to analyse a global issue. you must be a cretin. how can i make you understand if i don't bring shaw into it?

you are a mongolian idïot!
so you really think shaw deserves to be paid £100k but blackett(our own local graduate) shouldn't be on £50k? you must be suffering from down syndrome not to notice you are arguing against logic. if you cannot see shaw's wages are outrageous then you should log out & kill yourself!

Clap for yourself.....look for your next victim to exchange words with. MUMU. You have issues i swear. You brought shaw into this argument and look at you arguing with yourself. You deserve to be punished by inserting hot iron into your A*hole. For your mind now, you clever pass everybody here. You are a fvcktard bro.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

Clap for yourself.....look for your next victim to exchange words with. MUMU. You have issues i swear. You brought shaw into this argument and look at you arguing with yourself. You deserve to be punished by inserting hot iron into your A*hole. For your mind now, you clever pass everybody here. You are a fvcktard bro.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

may amadioha fry your left ventricle for writing the bolded sentence.

anuofia!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

may amadioha fry your left ventricle for writing the bolded sentence.

anuofia!

grin grin grin grin.......e pain am. Coogar! The Chief Argumentator of this thread!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

LoL grin
OMG grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

my point is - as long as shaw & co are getting paid £100k/week, blackett should be in the same wage bracket.
No need to argue too much on that one.
coogar:

£23k + regular appearance - juventus
£20k + no appearance - man utd.
which one would you take?
If I want to eat a frog, I'll go for the fat one.
Why move over a 3k wage difference? Makes no sense to me.
coogar:

football agents are involved too.
the higher they can negotiate for their client, the bigger their take-home pay. there's a big difference between 10% of £30k and 10% of £50k
if he's determined to move, there's nothing united can do. agent power >>>>> club power.
it's the wage structure - nothing to do with van gaal.....if our highest paid player is getting £100k, blackett wouldn't have been offered more than £15k(max).
I'm not so sure it is the case all the time. Players usually get more leverage when their contracts are about to expire.
Unless this is the case with Tyler, there's little or nothing the agent can do in my view.

coogar:

huh?
If Sterling signs his new deal and Real Madrid come calling for him with a huge offer, the recent offer would mean nothing.
That was what I'm trying to say.
Players sign new deals with clubs one year and leave the next. Contracts really aren't worth the effort.

coogar:

rooney should be in your top 20....no matter the beef. grin
It's my list.
Feel free to compile yours. I have tried for him to land him at 65 excluding Teddy Sheringham.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
Whoever gave Shaw 100k per week should be sent to Boko Haram HQ wearing priestly robes and holding an American English dictionary.
However this is just a case of 2 wrongs, elevating a home grown boy from 2k to 50k is likely to derail the boy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

Chai! na only you carry come? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
afrodoc2:
Whoever gave Shaw 100k per week should be sent to Boko Haram HQ wearing priestly robes and holding an American English dictionary.
However this is just a case of 2 wrongs, elevating a home grown boy from 2k to 50k is likely to derail the boy

and since we cannot deduct shaw's wages, it's only fair that blackett gets £50k per week. i agree blackett isn't worth that amount by any stretch but the over-pampering of young players didn't start from today - so why pick on blackett?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

and since we cannot deduct shaw's wages, it's only fair that blackett gets £50k per week. i agree blackett isn't worth that amount by any stretch but the over-pampering of young players didn't start from today - so why pick on blackett?

You just like to dey shoot yourself for leg sha. So u finally agree. When Rooney's wage increased to 350k we all complained so Blackett and Shaw isn't left out. Even young sef follow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
igbsam:

You just like to dey shoot yourself for leg sha. So u finally agree. When Rooney's wage increased to 350k we all complained so Blackett and Shaw isn't left out. Even young sef follow.

you are the one not using your head now.
no footballer is with £50k per week. they are not forced to play football - it's what they enjoy doing & it's just for about 90 mins per week......not even 2 hours job.

however, there's so much money in the game & the people that matter decided to start paying ridiculous wages. if the other players @ united have gotten their own big pay.....why should blackett be different?

if you are going to keep blackett on £2k per week then you must reduce the wages of everyone else on united's pay roll otherwise leave tyler alone - he must have impressed LVG to get that incentive anyways.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
coogar:

you are the one not using your head now.
no footballer is with £50k per week. they are not forced to play football - it's what they enjoy doing & it's just for about 90 mins per week......not even 2 hours job.
however, there's so much money in the game & the people that matter decided to start paying ridiculous wages. if the other players @ united have gotten their own big pay.....why should blackett be different?
if you are going to keep blackett on £2k per week then you must reduce the wages of everyone else on united's pay roll otherwise leave tyler alone - he must have impressed LVG to get that incentive anyways.

I totally understand where you are coming from. But if an organisation has been "overpaying" they can start regulating the payments if they so wish to.

2k to 50k is way too much of an increase for these young players.

Tyler and his agent would have taken 20k to play for United, which other club will come pick him and pay 50k when pogba left for only $3000 increase. If another club comes for blackett they can never offer him 50k per week.

As. Per luke Shaw's wages and transfer fee, I still can't wrap my head around it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mcfarlin(m): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
I must tell you this is the most interesting thread in this entire section...

No wonder the haters can't dare to unfollow...

But why una dey argue pesin salary na...

Are you agents??..NO

Are you lawyers??..NO

Nawa oh make I just they enjoy the war of words cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.