Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8722560 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
StarBoard:

yeah kind of shocked that dimaria missed that chance. but do maria becomes a liability when shunted wide. playingbhim centrally gives him better opportunities to hurt opponents.

he had too much time - with too much time, you are constantly changing your mind on how to go about executing the shot. he chose the dink but the goalie stood tall until the last second......he shoulda buried that!

I think we got lucky given that Arsenal have hardly been purposeful in attack since the invincibles era dissolved . a more concise side woulda torn us to shreds in the first 25 minutes. it comes off as genius because we won. this 3-5-2 he began with that didnt get us any results initially suddenly grants us our first away win at Arsenal of all places given the huge injury list.

van gaal is difficult to assess - the injuries won't let us see his tactical ability or inability. the formation was as a result of the injured players at the back. jones, rafael, evans & rojo(that's 75% of the defence unit out of the equation). LVG's hands are tied!

But it should boost morale. The one thing that I can take from this game is that we can dig in for a result if need be.

as long as those sick notes get back next week. jones & evans are a disappointment - they are young players & yet they can't seem to shake off their injuries.

ashley young gave us a new lease of life when he came on. he managed to plug that hole on the left side of the defence & his cross caused the first goal. i was a bit surprised i didn't see herrera after the second goal.....we needed pace & accurate passing at that point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
dopeJemi:
It's safe to say van gaal is stupid
Seems you were too fast to judge LVG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
My man of the Match is Ashley young
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Emperoh:

Lol. . . . . . . . we need to pardon their ignorance really. He doesn't realise there's no Moyes there.
Good win mehn!
yeah its one to savour.
definitely.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by incredibleone: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
joeace2020:

yeye people.. come n make noise here again, ill find u people n end ur lives
observing without interest from d Top of the table
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by delikay4luv: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
What this proves is that we just need to
have 11 men turn up in a united shirt to
beat arsenal. It absolutely doesnt matter
who
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
what a goal by pogba!
a beautiful cross from tevez, pogba' first touch was heavenly, the strike was majestic. cool

dopeJemi:
My man of the Match is Ashley young

he's a proper wingback - he gave us the balance required in defence & attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Danhumprey:
Seems you were too fast to judge LVG.

Nah! He's still silly, this line up was horrible, we played horribly, we were just lucky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
StarBoard:

yeah kind of shocked that dimaria missed that chance. but do maria becomes a liability when shunted wide. playingbhim centrally gives him better opportunities to hurt opponents.

I think we got lucky given that Arsenal have hardly been purposeful in attack since the invincibles era dissolved . a more concise side woulda torn us to shreds in the first 25 minutes. it comes off as genius because we won. this 3-5-2 he began with that didnt get us any results initially suddenly grants us our first away win at Arsenal of all places given the huge injury list.

But it should boost morale. The one thing that I can take from this game is that we can dig in for a result if need be.

Am just happy we got the 3points. But am still not convinced we now have formular of some sort. I know the injuries have played a big part in our selection this season which to a large extent has affected our play, but as we have observed on this forum this 352 get as e be for us oo.

Once again, nice 3points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
Odunharry:

we are in 4th position
abeg let it be permanent o,I'm tired of that 7th position,make we dash assnal abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
Keky:
Congratulations Man United. We are your bitch!
gringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
coogar:

he's a proper wingback - he gave us the balance required in defence & attack.

Yeah! His composure on the ball was what got to me and also his pace
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
coogar:

van gaal is difficult to assess - the injuries won't let us see his tactical ability or inability. the formation was as a result of the injured players at the back. jones, rafael, evans & rojo(that's 75% of the defence unit out of the equation). LVG's hands are tied

I think this result takes away the benefit of the doubt and actually sets him up for harsher scrutiny.
if he could get s win at a top four side with a generally weakened side he wont expect to get any sympsthy if he falters against lesser opposition or with a largely fit side.

however I tend to agree that these formations are injury-induced. I actually did not believe my eyes when I saw the starting formation with 3 at the back with McNair and Blackett (who was quite rubnish might I add)

Somewhere in between he has to stick to some kind of system, in as much as I appreciate the injury crisis.
Right now its looking like Young and Valencia will deputise as wing backs given their performance today. Are we going back to 3-5-2 after trying several formations this season?

I still think we got lucky today. Wenger doesnt have s c killer mentality that would have done us in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
this performance is pants!

does it mean that without Blind, our midfield returns to point zero? why is Herrera on the bench for Carrick & Fletcher?

I have seen why Blackett have been unable to even make the bench consistently since his red card, he was head & shoulder the poorest man on the United side! turning so sluggishly, making nonsense back passes & hoofing the ball upfield or into stands.

LvG should know that he doesn't possess the kind of players for this 3-5-2 yet. as much as he's desperate for the format to work, make him cool down first.

the 3 points is most important, but this was easily the worst display of his tenure. I'm observing from the fence now undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
codedguy1:

Am just happy we got the 3points. But am still not convinced we now have formular of some sort. I know the injuries have played a big part in our selection this season which to a large extent has affected our play, but as we have observed on this forum this 352 get as e be for us oo.

Once again, nice 3points.

what would you have done differently with jones, evans, rojo and rafael out? shaw has joined that list again today. you can't fault the 3-5-2 formation, we cannot do anything else with 5 senior players injured.

take out terry, cahill, ivanovic, azpiculeta and felipe from their defence and they would be in the 19th position. arsenal must be kicking themselves for losing today - they won't get a better chance to beat united ever again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
joeace2020:

yeye people.. come n make noise here again, ill find u people n end ur lives
cheesy cheesy cheesy my hand no dey any police matter oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
IYANGBALI:
abeg let it be permanent o,I'm tired of that 7th position,make we dash assnal abeg
we are going higher

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
hull and stoke at home,
soton away,
livapool home,villa away,newcastl ,spurs.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
i expect us to win atleast 4 out of those 6games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
just saying.

I think van gaal did something weve missed since Fergie left:win at a top 4 side.
He also got a result despite the odds,something Moyes can't boast of.

it may be early days but there are positives under van gaal. Despite the fact thst I consider that we rode our luck mostly today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
Happy for the 3 points.

My top performers 2day are:
DDG
Fellaini
Rooney
Smalling
Valencia
Young

We were lucky to have De Gea in that post if not we'd have conceded 3 at HT.

LvG should ditch this 3-5-2. It can't work here.

Falcao should come back n take the CF position until RvP sorts himself out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
Odunharry:

we are going higher
a big ameeeeeeen o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
StarBoard:

I think this result takes away the benefit of the doubt and actually sets him up for harsher scrutiny. if he could get s win at a top four side with a generally weakened side he wont expect to get any sympsthy if he falters against lesser opposition or with a largely fit side.

it's a combination of both - he did well considering the circumstance in the defence and arsënal were hopeless in the attack. their profligacy in front of goal was a disgrace.

however I tend to agree that these formations are injury-induced. I actually did not believe my eyes when I saw the starting formation with 3 at the back with McNair and Blackett (who was quite rubnish might I add)

if we had all those 5 defenders fit, there's no way we would start 3 at the back. our formation would be 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2. his hands sea tied if 5 of his first team defenders are injured.

Somewhere in between he has to stick to some kind of system, in as much as I appreciate the injury crisis.
Right now its looking like Young and Valencia will deputise as wing backs given their performance today. Are we going back to 3-5-2 after trying several formations this season?

if jones, evans & rafael don't come back after the next 2 home games at old trafford then they should be sold in january. enough is enough. i would rather we get wes brown & o'shea than these sick notes.

I still think we got lucky today. Wenger doesnt have s c killer mentality that would have done us in.

he did and he paid for it dearly.
they went for the jugular far too early. there's no way they should be conceding that second goal. a top 4 side shouldn't be caught out like that. arsenal need to learn how to manage games.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
Odunharry:
stoke,soton,livapool,villa,newcastl,spurs.......
depends on available players by then undecided
these days fit players get knocks just in time for a previously injured colleague's return
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
Odunharry:
i expect us to win atleast 4 out of those 6games
a lot will depend on our injury list,but winning 4 out of 6 is ok,but why not the 6?this is Manchester United man,we can do it grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
coogar:

what would you have done differently with jones, evans, rojo and rafael out? shaw has joined that list again today. you can't fault the 3-5-2 formation, we cannot do anything else with 5 senior players injured.

take out terry, cahill, ivanovic, azpiculeta and felipe from their defence and they would be in the 19th position. arsenal must be kicking themselves for losing today - they won't get a better chance to beat united ever again.

I acknowledge that the injuries have caused us problems this season, but am also saying the players don't seem to to be comfy with the formation. We play like we don't even know whether to attack, sit and counter or just park the bus when we adopt that formation. Its like the players just use instincts to go forward because they feel they have to.

They only take the initiative when we go a goal down. Thank God that did not happen today.

We should be playing like we did when went a man down in our last match, those 10players were more positive than some of the dismal performances we have had when we had 11men on the pitch.

We were lucky today! But again we might play 22222 in our next match since Shaw has decided to join the injury list. Pls do we have a sexy fine babe in our medical team because the way these players are getting injured is becoming rather suspicious!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
chamotex:
By the way guys, I have a spare ticket for the Stoke game on Dec 2...anyone interested, let me know.

You still be mod? Pls free me from spambot. It blocked my half time post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
Rafael is back, but not 100% for this game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Fuccking useless clubs.
Battle of the mid table mediocres.
Van gaal should do us a favour of playing 3-5-2 at stamford bridge and watch his team blown away.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
codedguy1:

I acknowledge that the injuries have caused us problems this season, but am also saying the players don't seem to to be comfy with the formation. We play like we don't even know whether to attack, sit and counter or just park the bus when we adopt that formation. Its like the players just use instincts to go forward because they feel they have to.

you keep avoiding the question.
how would you have set up your team with 4 senior defenders injured? would you play rooney & RVP in the defence just to make sure you have 4 defenders?

They only take the initiative when we go a goal down. Thank God that did not happen today.

moyes never won in any of the top 4 ground in his 12 years career in england. the difference is now clear that moyes is a baby where van gaal is concerned.

We should be playing like we did when went a man down in our last match, those 10players were more positive than some of the dismal performances we have had when we had 10 men on the pitch.

we had 4 defenders fit that day. even after smalling got sent off, we still had rafael, shaw, paddy to rally at the death of that match.

We were lucky today! But again we might play 22222 in our next match since Shaw has decided to join the injury list. Pls do we have a sexy fine babe in our medical team because the way these players are getting injured is becoming rather suspicious!

it's the way we play.....
slow, lethargic, poor ball control, etc. we don't pass the ball until we are closed down completely. even some of our technical players don't know how to turn away from tackles & marking. we invite those injuries with the way we play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by delikay4luv: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
McNair will shit on blackett anyway
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
Fuccking useless clubs.
Battle of the mid table mediocres.
Van gaal should do us a favour of playing 3-5-2 at stamford bridge and watch his team blown away.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.