Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8857116 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13983) (13984) (13985) (13986) (13987) (13988) (13989) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:55am On Jan 16
Day 16 and no new player yet, not even a rumor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:41am On Jan 16
eph12:
Day 16 and no new player yet, not even a rumor.

There won't be any signings. Maybe a loan signing that's it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:48am On Jan 16
MRTA7:

There is really no need for any new signings in this window. No matter what we do we are not making Top 4 and no matter what we do we are not getting relegated.

It is more important to get the technical team in to assess the current club personnel and determine which players and coaches will be here next season and for the long term. Then, we can make sensible moves in the summer. I wrote this season off in Sept/Oct.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:02am On Jan 16
Leyqute:
https:///utdreportacad/status/1746604059472101737?s=46

Afrodoc2. You watched the whole game I guess. No wonder you said what you said earlier.

The link no open. Is that the clip of Ibragimov's goals? I actually didn't see the game but i have been following him for a couple of years now. His mates are not his mates.
He is from Dagestan so hopefully he has Khabib's attitude.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:10am On Jan 16
MRTA7:

Well at this point, finishing in the top 8 will be an achievement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:31am On Jan 16
afrodoc2:

There is really no need for any new signings in this window. No matter what we do we are not making Top 4 and no matter what we do we are not getting relegated.

It is more important to get the technical team in to assess the current club personnel and determine which players and coaches will be here next season and for the long term. Then, we can make sensible moves in the summer. I wrote this season off in Sept/Oct.
I disagree slightly. I know it's wishful thinking but I feel only the top 3 is certain. 4th spot is open and there might be a 5th champions league spot due to the PL's coefficient. I think there's enough football to play if we can get the right loan attacker to get the 5th spot if it's a CL position. I know it's me being overly optimistic but why go through the season being so pessimistic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:39am On Jan 16
grin

Mou is available again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 9:39am On Jan 16
MRTA7:

I disagree slightly. I know it's wishful thinking but I feel only the top 3 is certain. 4th spot is open and there might be a 5th champions league spot due to the PL's coefficient. I think there's enough football to play if we can get the right loan attacker to get the 5th spot if it's a CL position. I know it's me being overly optimistic but why go through the season being so pessimistic.
Fight to get into champions league, get top 4, then proceed to get embarrassed in the champions league group stage then spend the entire season fighting for top 4 again. It's the same merry-go-round season after season. Aren't you tired? Getting top 4/5 will only hide our problems.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:42am On Jan 16
grin grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:42am On Jan 16
spillo1:

Fight to get into champions league, get top 4, then proceed to get embarrassed in the champions league group stage then spend the entire season fighting for top 4 again. It's the same merry-go-round season after season. Aren't you tired? Getting top 4/5 will only hide our problems.

You're right my hope is that Sir Jim cleans house for next season and a new manager will benefit from CL funds and football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:43am On Jan 16
odizeey:
Abeg wetyn Messi win to take be 2023 fifa best player. cheesy
He won World Cup on the 18th of December 2022 while fifa world best started counting achievement from on the 19th that’s how he won it. Captains, some fans, coaches and journalist voted. Modric, Halaand, Ancelotti and Vervelde voted for messi.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:15am On Jan 16
MRTA7:

Forget 4th completely. Assanal is 8 points ahead with a game in hand. Villa are 11 points ahead. We are not getting 12 points more than those teams in the next 17 games.

Spurs in 5th position who are 8 points ahead are just about barely catchable. It is possible but not probable. If the 5th position is in play for Champion's League, then you are right that we still have a slim chance, but that chance is slimmer than peak Lepa Shandy.

P.S Realism is not pessimism. One can't go through the season deceiving oneself either. That 4th position is out of reach. Another thing, any attacker will be starved of service still. We are not creating enough quality chances for our CF. Our problem is more complicated than just change striker.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:19am On Jan 16
hensben:
He won World Cup on the 18th of December 2022 while fifa world best started counting achievement from on the 19th that’s how he won it. Captains, some fans, coaches and journalist voted. Modric, Halaand, Ancelotti and Vervelde voted for messi.
The one he won last year was for doing what?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:25am On Jan 16
odizeey:

Won two Fifa award back to back for one thing. What Fifa cannot do for Messi doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:43am On Jan 16
Trevor012:

Won two Fifa award back to back for one thing. What Fifa cannot do for Messi doesn't exist.
I am beyond weak.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:43am On Jan 16
Trevor012:
grin grin
seems the guy didn't even make the bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 10:52am On Jan 16
odizeey:

Was for 2021/22
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:53am On Jan 16
chrisley024:
If he took permission from the federation to come late and was granted, I can see his reason for getting angry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 10:56am On Jan 16
chrisley024:

Salah, Son are very important in their various club they still manage to be punctual when coming to their national team squad. This foolish keeper that cause us more harm than good prefer to come late to is National team squad. I don't know the stupid deal which him and man u sign for him to do so, he is a big fool. If I'm the coach of cameroon I will just bench the werey through out the whole tournament. They should teach him big lesson. Is your country a joke??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Seunpapa65: 11:02am On Jan 16
What a rollercoaster the last 24 hours have been for Andre Onana.

🧤✈️ He played in the 2-2 draw vs Spurs. Then, he quickly got on a flight to Ivory Coast after the game to be available for his Cameroon National Team. All of a sudden, the flight for the game got delayed due to weather.

However, he wasn't going to give up, so he made a 150-mile journey to the game by car. When he finally arrived for the game, he realized that he wasn't even named in the matchday squad for the AFCON opener.

Unbelievable 🤯
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Seunpapa65: 11:03am On Jan 16
After learning that he wasn’t going to play, Andre Onana was heard saying:

🗣“If I wasn't going to be on the team, then why did I come here on a private jet.” with El Hadji Diouf seen trying to calm Onana down.

Cameroon coach Rigobert Song on why he didn't start Onana:
🗣"He arrived in camp at 4 am for a game at 5 pm."

It is reported that Song didn't even speak to Onana when he arrived.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:15am On Jan 16
afrodoc2:

The link no open. Is that the clip of Ibragimov's goals? I actually didn't see the game but i have been following him for a couple of years now. His mates are not his mates.
He is from Dagestan so hopefully he has Khabib's attitude.

Link is probably broken. Here’s the tweet:

https://tw.itt.er.com/utdreportacad/status/1746604059472101737?s=46
(Remove the dots in tweeeeeteer)

And yes, they were clips of his four goals. It’s time to move him up the ranks. He’s got ice in his veins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:18am On Jan 16
afrodoc2:

Forget 4th completely. Assanal is 8 points ahead with a game in hand. Villa are 11 points ahead. We are not getting 12 points more than those teams in the next 17 games.

Spurs in 5th position who are 8 points ahead are just about barely catchable. It is possible but not probable. If the 5th position is in play for Champion's League, then you are right that we still have a slim chance, but that chance is slimmer than peak Lepa Shandy.

P.S Realism is not pessimism. One can't go through the season deceiving oneself either. That 4th position is out of reach. Another thing, any attacker will be starved of service still. We are not creating enough quality chances for our CF. Our problem is more complicated than just change striker.

I dont think it has to be a striker but we could definitely do with an experienced attacker. But I take your point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:23am On Jan 16
Seunpapa65:
After learning that he wasn’t going to play, Andre Onana was heard saying:

🗣“If I wasn't going to be on the team, then why did I come here on a private jet.” with El Hadji Diouf seen trying to calm Onana down.

Cameroon coach Rigobert Song on why he didn't start Onana:
🗣"He arrived in camp at 4 am for a game at 5 pm."

It is reported that Song didn't even speak to Onana when he arrived.
Onana should remain there even if he has to sit out the entire tournament. Let us see what Ten Hag saw in Bayindir that made United sign him...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:24am On Jan 16
afrodoc2:

If we’re being realistic, anything can still happen. Going by current indications, we have an almost zero chance to qualify for UCL. But no one knows tomorrow, and todays events sometimes doesn’t dictate what will happen tomorrow.

Until it’s mathematically impossible to qualify for the UCL, Man Utd, Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham and so on can still clinch a spot at Europe’s biggest stage next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:25am On Jan 16
MRTA7:

I dont think it has to be a striker but we could definitely do with an experienced attacker. But I take your point.

Since Martial seems to be gone/going we need another striker to fill the roster spot for the rest of the season, but it won’t change our predicament.

That open heart surgery Rangnick mentioned will still have to happen. The problem is getting the right surgeons to carry it out.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:31am On Jan 16
Leyqute:

If we’re being realistic, anything can still happen. Going by current indications, we have an almost zero chance to qualify for UCL. But no one knows tomorrow, and todays events sometimes doesn’t dictate what will happen tomorrow.

Until it’s mathematically impossible to qualify for the UCL, Man Utd, Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham and so on can still clinch a spot at Europe’s biggest stage next season.

Anything can still happen mentality is optimistic not realistic. Realistic is thinking of what is probably going to happen.

I wasn’t aware of the 5th place making Champions League, but as for Top 4? Forget it.

Expecting this team to win 14-15 out of the remaining 17 games while Arsenal or Villa win only 8 games is fantasy. That is what it will take.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:40am On Jan 16
hensben:
Was for 2021/22
It's all right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:42am On Jan 16
Leyqute:

Link is probably broken. Here’s the tweet:

https://twitter.com/utdreportacad/status/1746604059472101737?s=46

And yes, they were clips of his four goals. It’s time to move him up the ranks. He’s got ice in his veins.
Nairaland is removing tw.itt.er.com😅
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:43am On Jan 16
afrodoc2:

Anything can still happen mentality is optimistic not realistic. Realistic is thinking of what is probably going to happen.

I wasn’t aware of the 5th place making Champions League, but as for Top 4? Forget it.

Expecting this team to win 14-15 out of the remaining 17 games while Arsenal or Villa win only 8 games is fantasy. That is what it will take.

If you look at it from Aston Villa and Tottenham’s perspective, anything can still happen is not optimistic.

I was being realistic when I made that phrase. And I wasn’t speaking from United’s POV.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:44am On Jan 16
odizeey:

Nairaland is removing tw.itt.er.com😅

Lol. No wonder. I’m surprised they haven’t banned me by now sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:45am On Jan 16
Leyqute:

Lol. No wonder. I’m surprised they haven’t banned me by now sef.
Twitter don show the clown pepper. He don run blacklist them. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13983) (13984) (13985) (13986) (13987) (13988) (13989) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Geld(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.