Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8721691 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:40am On Mar 25, 2015
Capello also had great things to say about Phil Jones. Yet one coach of Mamaput FC says otherwise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:

On the night Manchester United claimed their 20th league title with a win against Aston Villa at Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson singled out Phil Jones for particular praise.

As reported by The Guardian, an ebullient Ferguson said:

The way he is looking, he could be our best ever player. He may be one of the best players we have ever had, no matter where we play him. At 21 years of age, he is going to be a phenomenal player. He can play anywhere on the pitch. He has such a massive influence, with his instinct and reading of the game. He has a drive about him.

And you know more than Ferguson? Then, Moyes and now Van Gaal. He is even doing well in an off position -LCB. Who was Luiz at 22? Tell me how many defenders at Jones age has done what he has done. He was one of the most difficult defenders to beat in 2011/2012 season when he was 19/20 years old.

All those ones na feri fera... How old is varane again? He's 3 times better than jones, he's one his way to becoming a world class defender, can same be said about jones? grin

Paul scholes no play gidigidi football... So is jones our best player now according to the way ferguson saw him? Who them never praise before? Na by praise? You for add worship join

Please explain to me exactly what jones has done
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:42am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:

Says coach dopejemi of Mamaput FC. grin

No be here all of us dey? Give am 2years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46am On Mar 25, 2015
April 23, 2013
Heavy Praise For Manchester United’s Phil Jones

Phil Jones is going to need broad shoulders to carry this kind of expectation.

In the post-Championship euphoria, Sir Alex Ferguson enthused that his young defender could “arguably, the way he’s looking, (could become) our best ever player.”

That’s quite the compliment from Ferguson, and Ryan Giggs also lavished his teammate with praise:

“Phil is one of those players who’s that good he can play midfield or right-back, but I think tonight you’ve seen his position. Every time he plays at centre-half he’s outstanding.”

(Manchester United Official)

I’m not sure I’d have gone as far as to say what Ferguson did, but there’s little doubt that Jones has an incredibly bright future.

The more noticeable aspects of his game – tackling, aerial ability, and physicality – are all obviously impressive, but what really sets him apart is his football IQ; he really does read the game exceptionally well. It’s very rare that a player can just be plugged in to different positions and do well, and it’s his heightened understanding of the game around him which allows Jones to do that.

Let’s not do indulge the typically English hobby of prematurely comparing him to world-class defenders who are currently at the top of their game, but equally it should be acknowledged that if his career trajectory continues on the same trend then he’s going very far indeed.

I remember saying when United signed him that he was an England captain in the making, and there’s no reason to back off from that yet.

How many 19 years old go into a team like Man United and command regular shirts whenever fit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

All those ones na feri fera... How old is varane again? He's 3 times better than jones, he's one his way to becoming a world class defender, can same be said about jones? grin

Which Varane? You must have been one of those guys who don't watch football. At my age I won't commit the calamities that Varane has for Madrid this season. Varane and Casilas are total calamities for Madrid.

You are calling Jones brainless, but from your posts so far you don't seem to write like someone who has a brain of his own. Sorry to say.
dopeJemi:

Paul scholes no play gidigidi football... So is jones our best player now according to the way ferguson saw him? Who them never praise before? Na by praise? You for add worship join

Scholes was not a defender. Defenders are different. Jones did not even play gidigidi football when he was deployed to midfield.

You have different types of defenders. Ferdinand was tidy but Terry is dirty even at his age.

dopeJemi:

Please explain to me exactly what jones has done

Explain to me what exactly other defenders have done.

Jones has been used in big games and he came out with praises.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:57am On Mar 25, 2015
moyes
34 league games - 57 points

van gaal
30 league games - 59 points

no wonder nyabingo has disappeared from this zone like the fart of a leprous witch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:58am On Mar 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

No be here all of us dey? Give am 2years

In 2 years he will be 25. With regular football, you will have a John Terry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:01am On Mar 25, 2015
What's it with the growing jones hate here?
The exaggeration of his flaws have become too much jor.

Y'all should take it easy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:14am On Mar 25, 2015
Robin van Persie has targeted the Manchester derby on April 12 for his return from injury.
Van Persie has missed the last five games after suffering ankle ligament damage in the 2-1 defeat at Swansea more than a month ago.
But Van Persie believes he will be back in time for the Premier League clash with City at Old Trafford as Louis van Gaal’s side fight for second place with their neighbours, who are currently two points ahead.
Van Persie has spent some time at home in Holland during his layoff, but he has been working hard in the gym under the supervision of United physio Matt Radcliffe and is expected to step up his rehabilitation during the international break.
[Source: Daily Mail]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:21am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:

Which Varane? You must have been one of those guys who don't watch football. At my age I won't commit the calamities that Varane has for Madrid this season. Varane and Casilas are total calamities for Madrid.

You are calling Jones brainless, but from your posts so far you don't seem to write like someone who has a brain of his own. Sorry to say.

Scholes was not a defender. Defenders are different. Jones did not even play gidigidi football when he was deployed to midfield.

You have different types of defenders. Ferdiand was tidy but Terry is dirty even at his age.

Explain to me what exactly other defenders have done.

Jones has been used in big games and he came out with praises.

You wan start to dey throw jibes now abi? Well I'll just ignore it

Yes Varane hasn't been at his best this season I agree but he is still better than Jones, at the beginning of the season messi went ghost, you can't be at your best all the time, if he was that much of a calamity we wouldn't consider him... Put jones up for sale and see if it's not the likes of tottenham, southampton and west ham that will come for him, but put varane up for sale and see the likes of psg, bayern munich fight for his signature, is the difference not clear enough? was jones not there when arsenal decided to come for smalling

Terry and ferdinand had one thing in common, BRAINS unlike shrek

Why are you asking me to explain what other defenders have done, no be you say he done do wetin many defenders never do, so tell me those things he has done at his age
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2015
PietroRico:
What's it with the growing jones hate here?
The exaggeration of his flaws have become too much jor.

Y'all should take it easy.

I tell it like I see it, no exaggerations, jones is a dullard and that's what I hate about him, he's just like a rock
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:25am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:

In 2 years he will be 25. With regular football, you will have a John Terry.

I'm happy for the fact that you decided to come out of your comfort zone and try out comedy, I'm pleased

John terry? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Comedian cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28am On Mar 25, 2015
I gat to go first.

Jones will mature into a defender of his own kind. Not a defender like Ferdinand or Thiago Silva. Something similar to John Terry.

Sol Campbel was a defender of his type. Galas was a defender of his type. Stam was a defender of his type. Lucio, Puyol, etc. When you expect one player to be as tidy or as rugged as the other, you miss it. Essien could never have been like Sergio Bousquet. Makalele and Matic could never be Carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:
I gat to go first.

Jones will mature into a defender of his own kind. Not a defender like Ferdinand or Thiago Silva. Something similar to John Terry.

Sol Campbel was a defender of his type. Galas was a defender of his type. Stam was a defender of his type. Lucio, Puyol, etc. When you expect one player to be as tidy or as rugged as the other, you miss it. Essien could never have been like Sergio Bousquet. Makalele and Matic could never be Carrick.

Na so, na only 2 years I give am.. The only time he leg go touch ball na for training
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:33am On Mar 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

I'm happy for the fact that you decided to come out of your comfort zone and try out comedy, I'm pleased

John terry? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Comedian cheesy

You talk like a novice. You know how good Rojo has been and he is left footed. The fact that Jones benched him against Liverpool tells you how much confidence Gaal has with Jones.

If SAF were here, he would have given Jones all the confidence to be world best at 25 years- two years time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

Na so, na only 2 years I give am.. The only time he leg go touch ball na for training

jones started very well but he has regressed badly this season. you are always scared he would do one dumb thing in a game. you are never safe with jones.....

smalling is our best CB, followed by rojo. jones is slightly ahead of evans. next season, jones might get rid of his demons but he has been totally shytë this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

Never. Not with Jones. He will always be needed by clubs. Once he is made number one in his club, he gets to the top within two seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 25, 2015
says who? Manchester united fans are not noise makers like others!

Odunharry:

confirm...... guess you and iyangbali the only female united supporter on this thread

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TopWinner(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2015
My #MUFC,Match Review for the week :

Hi guys! Here's my # MUFC Match Review for
the week.
That win vs Liverpool at Anfield is going to
prove to be one of the most vital 3points of
the season for Manchester United in our plight
to appear in the European scene next season.
Well, there's a standout topic of the game, and
what was that? Reminds you of something last
week?
Oh well, it wasn't about the celebration this
time around; but rather an acrobatic touch of
brilliance from Juan Mata that found the ball
in the bottom left corner after a spectacular
lobbed pass from Di maria to put MUFC 2goals
up. Not just that, but also a fantastic 30-yard
through ball from Herrera to the Man of the
Match award winner, Mata, for MUFC's
opener. Other, standout performers were Blind
and Fellaini. Rooney was a shadow of himself at
Anfield, buttresses why he missed from the
spot.
However, it seems like the philosophy is
working and Manchester United is beginning to
find their feet again? Well, let's leave the
answers to that to our next 8 games in the
League.
https://m./1415216415401571?view=permalink&id=1562427894013755&_rdr
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:

Never. Not with Jones. He will always be needed by clubs. Once he is made number one in his club, he gets to the top within two seasons.

Yeah, number one in leyton orient grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:44am On Mar 25, 2015
coogar:

jones started very well but he has regressed badly this season. you are always scared he would do one dumb thing in a game. you are never safe with jones.....

smalling is our best CB, followed by rojo. jones is slightly ahead of evans. next season, jones might get rid of his demons but he has been totally shytë this season.

By our standards, that's not the kind of defender we should have in our club

By heart beats faster whenever I see jones with the ball, he'll kill me one day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2015
elampiro:

You talk like a novice. You know how good Rojo has been and he is left footed. The fact that Jones benched him against Liverpool tells you how much confidence Gaal has with Jones.

If SAF were here, he would have given Jones all the confidence to be world best at 25 years- two years time.

2years comedian, 2years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:54am On Mar 25, 2015
Someone watched Jones games against Tottenham and Liverpool and still call him brainless repeatedly? Jones won all last man tackles against Tottenham pacing players, particularly on the left back area. If it were another defender, it would mean Blind was poor defensively because he covered those situations for Blind. Vidic in his prime used to do that for Evra. Against Liverpool, Jones tidied up well behind Blind and Young. His left foot passing to the forwards was okay. He was lifting the ball up for Fellaini and Rooney when he needed to clear far. Most times Rojo just kick into space and his covering for left back is questionable.

Jones also has the ability to dealing with problems high up the pitch instead of keeping them late for the danger areas. And he recovers quickly to position after going for direct tackle.

It's this ability to read the game and deal with potential threats that makes Jones have high interceptions in games after games. His 23.7 min / interception is the best in the team. How can someone who has the best interception in Manchester United be said to be brainless? This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard this year.

Phil Jones has the best interception for us, followed by Blind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2015
dopeJemi:

2years comedian, 2years

Phil Jones is the best in our team in intercepting play from opposition. That's again is about intelligence. He beats even Blind and Herrera to that.

You can keep dwelling in your hatred or outright subjectivity. Bye!

It's not even a coincidence:

2011/12 Carrick, Vidic and Jones had the highest interception in that order.
2012/2013: Jones 1st, Rafael 2nd , Carrick and then Evans 3rd, 4th had the highest interception.
Under Moyes, Carrick, Fellaini and Rafael came before Jones 4th.
Now back to Jones under Gaal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
says who? Manchester united fans are not noise makers like others!

you are always welcome here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
grin grin

Odunharry:

you are always welcome here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
wow.. happy birthday to Lizabeth25..
wishing you many happy returns and success in all you do..
where the cake and wine?

God go make you less troublesome cos you look like someone who likes looking for trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lizabeth25:
shocked shocked shocked shocked

angry where the party dey happen?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
grin grin grin grin cheesy

tongue tongue tongue

thanks though.....and I be better pikin.! grin

Odunharry:
wow.. happy birthday to Lizabeth25..
wishing you many happy returns and success in all you do..
where the cake and wine?

God go make you less troublesome cos you look like someone who likes looking for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
No party ooo.....I dey work. Just giving some few friends ice cream treat at d mall.

after work thing.

Odunharry:
angry where the party dey happen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: maik99(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.