Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8737633 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
afrodoc2:
This Dayo know fear God sef.
Saying that Charlton who won World Cup,European Cup, Ballon D'or , Ballon D'or Silver TWICE should be removed for Littbarski who played for Cologne,FC Paris, United Chiba and Brummell Senda.
My researchers tell me that the only personal award Littbarski got was Goal of the Year grin

Dayo the Thunder wey go fire you ehn........... cheesy

dayo is a fraud!

this should serve him a reminder. he should watch how charlton destroyed benfica in the 68 champions league final with style & panache!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZ9EVFJRZk

dayo, that's your history lesson!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Charlton had people who played with him in a team unlike Eusebio

Muller dumped Ronaldo out of Euro 2012, World cup 2014

And Muller also won Ballon D'or in those years abi?

The 2 years Charlton dumped Eusebio out of the tournaments he won Ballon D'or gold and silver respectively.
Showing you he was the author and finisher of Eusebio's fate cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:01am On Jul 08, 2015
afrodoc2:

And Muller also won Ballon D'or in those years abi?

don't mind dayo & his retardëd analogy. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:12am On Jul 08, 2015
coogar:

lol....he has forgotten this is United supporters thread...he will be caught easily if he misyarn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:19am On Jul 08, 2015
coogar:

LOL
I tire for the guy. Its like someone now claiming that Hungarian players are over rated because of the present bunch and denigrating the soccer gods that were Puskas,Koscis, Kubala.

No doubt the modern day British player is more often than not overhyped but that does not mean one should rubbish practically every British player that ever played.
Thank God he saw Gazza and Scholesy play live, if not he would have been calling them over rated too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 12:24am On Jul 08, 2015
afrodoc2:

It always amuses me when you and Dayo hype German players but every British player mentioned was over-hyped according to you.

We are mentioning all time greats and Dayo wanted to drop Best and Charlton from the list and put Littbarski cheesy.

Another time he was trivializing Italian defensive acumen as a precursor to hyping German defenders cheesy

The fact that i am a United fan doesn't mean i haven't followed German football for decades(from the days of Football Made in Germany), and i give German greats like Franz, Der Bomber and Der Afro credit. I have seen tapes of Netzer, Overath e.t.c

Funny thing is i have never even supported the British national teams, i have always been pro-Dutch cos of Cryuff except for the Zidane years when i was pro-French.
I don't hype without anything to backup Chale. And secondly a country whose footballers have not made the Finals of a major national tournament in 49 years deserve every discredit it can get

I don't know about your Best/Charlton/Littbarski business and for the umpteenth time direct your complaint to Raumdeuter

There are numerous German greats and they have produced triple the players that have come out of the British Isles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:32am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:32am On Jul 08, 2015
A40:

I don't hype without anything to backup Chale. And secondly a country whose footballers have not made the Finals of a major national tournament in 49 years deserve every discredit it can get

I don't know about your Best/Charlton/Littbarski business and for the umpteenth time direct your complaint to Raumdeuter

There are numerous German greats and they have produced triple the players that have come out of the British Isles.

OK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:04am On Jul 08, 2015

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:04am On Jul 08, 2015

Lol

Ukwu!!!

That stuff flashed on my facebook Wall last night 7th, I con happy, only for me to see fake news when I clicked on the link. I con vex. Which kind thing be this? I thought this must be the reason we have been quiet in the marker.

Make una go sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:06am On Jul 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

There were many players who are better than Lineker and Shearer in their time. Shearer was basically a local champion and extremely overrated by the English media. His greatest weapon was headers just like Andy Carrol and He was even an inferior version of Oliver Bierrhoff who the Germans dont even rate very high

But Scholes and Gazzza I see players who had natural skill that can stand their peers in other countries of Europe. Its because of Scholes quiet nature and Gazza bad boy image that made them not media favourite

Scholes is a player I wish played for Bayern in his prime
I was not satisfied so I said let me just check. I believe Lineker was greater than Scholes. He scored against big teams in the world cup. Argentina, Germany.

Individual
English Second Division Top Scorer: 1982–
83 [47]
English First Division Top Scorer: 1984–85 ,
1985–86 , 1989–90
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 1985–86
FWA Footballer of the Year: 1985–86 ,
1991–92
FIFA World Cup Golden Boot : 1986
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team : 1986
Onze de Bronze : 1986
Ballon d'Or (Runner-up): 1986
FIFA Fair Play Award: 1990
FIFA World Player of the Year: Bronze award
1991 [48]
FIFA 100

Gary Winston Lineker, OBE (born 30 November
1960) is an English former footballer and
current sports broadcaster . He holds England 's
record for goals in FIFA World Cup finals, with
10 scored.

Lineker began his football career at Leicester
City. Despite failing to score in his first ten
games, he finished as the First Division's joint
top goalscorer in 1984–85. He then moved to
League Champions Everton where he
developed as a clinical finisher, scoring 30
goals in 41 games. His first team honours
came at Barcelona, where he won the Copa del
Rey in 1988 and the European Cup Winners'
Cup in 1989. He returned to England in 1989,
joining Tottenham Hotspur , and over three
seasons he scored 67 goals in 105 games and
won the FA Cup. Lineker's final club was
Nagoya Grampus Eight and he retired in 1994
after two seasons at the Japanese side.
Lineker made his England debut in 1984,
earning 80 caps and scoring 48 goals over an
eight-year international career, finishing as
England's all-time second highest scorer
behind Bobby Charlton . His international goals-
to-games ratio remains one of the best for the
country and he is regarded as one of the all-
time best English strikers. He was top scorer
in the 1986 World Cup and received the Golden
Boot , the only time an Englishman has
achieved this feat. He is also the only player
to have won the English golden boot with three
different clubs (Leicester City, Everton and
Tottenham Hotspur).
Even though he enjoyed a long career, Lineker
was never cautioned by a referee for foul play
and never received a yellow or red card . [1][2]
As a result of this accomplishment he was
honoured in 1990 with the FIFA Fair Play
Award.

Barcelona
After winning the Golden Boot at the 1986
World Cup in Mexico, Lineker was signed by
Barcelona for £2,800,000. Barcelona were
being managed by former Queens Park
Rangers manager Terry Venables, who had
also brought in Manchester United and Wales
striker Mark Hughes .
His Golden Boot-winning performance at the
finals led to much anticipation of success at
the Camp Nou, and he did not disappoint,
scoring 21 goals in 41 games during his first
season, including a hat-trick in a 3–2 win over
arch rivals Real Madrid.

And how can you call Shearer a local champion, what did Gascoigne do? And you put Shearer on Carol 's level? Shearer won the league for Blackburn and destroyed teams even at Newcastle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 3:42am On Jul 08, 2015
coogar:

stop comparing nobodies to the debate that has messi & maradona in it. maradona won trophies for club & country. messi is an underachiever for his country. that is the difference between the two.
drogba and weah are nobodies in football according to mr. Coogar, messi won more trophies in football than maradona can ever dream of, messi scored more goals than mr. Maradona for the albiceleste, messi is an olympian while mr. Maradona isn't.meSsi thrived in barcelona while maradona flopped big time there. Messi never used drugs but mr. Maradona did, messi never shot journalists but mr. Maradona did, messi is greater than maradona
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 4:00am On Jul 08, 2015
elampiro:

Lol

Ukwu!!!

That stuff flashed on my facebook Wall last night 7th, I con happy, only for me to see fake news when I clicked on the link. I con vex. Which kind thing be this? I thought this must be the reason we have been quiet in the marker.

Make una go sleep.
you self fall hand, why you go believe such news, wetin ronaldo wan for man u, we need quality defenders and a strong holding midfielder, we don't need ronaldo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JustKay3(m): 5:04am On Jul 08, 2015
@elampiro.

Why will you even compare Lineker/Shearer to Scholes/Gascoigne.??No ruin this debate abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 6:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Juventus are adamant they want £71M for pogba this summer. I pity any club that sign him for that amount, he's good no doubt but £71M? Hell to the NO. If Juve fail to reduce their asking price to maybe £35M to £40M, they'll one day regret it. Even if reduced to £40M, i still pray united doesn't re-sign him because he's a time bomb. Lets get Vidal instead. Schneiderlin and Vidal will be superb signings, LVG and Woody please make things happen early.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

Going by that alone if we should do a mash up of Germany and England there shouldnt be any English player in the top 40

I would love to see that list of yours. Oya name them!

Any mash up of the top 40 players to have represented both countries that does not have a single English player is a fraudulent one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2015
JustKay3:
@elampiro.

Why will you even compare Lineker/Shearer to Scholes/Gascoigne.??No ruin this debate abeg

So someone who came second in Ballon d'or and was world cup top scorer shouldnt be considered ? Gary Lineker England squad was the closest coming to making England proud again.

1986 world cup he was top scorer with 6 goals despite booted out of the cup by Maradona in the quarter final. It was Maradona 2 goals Lineker 1 goal.

1990 he helped England to Semi Final after scoring 4 goals when the English team had narrow victories. He equalized West Germany in the semi when he escaped from two defenders to take the game to penalties. This was a tournament they said he was unwell.

See this again on top of being top scorer in top league three previous times :
He was the top division's second-highest
goalscorer in 1991–92 with 28 goals from 35
games, behind Ian Wright , who scored 29
times in 42 games. Despite Lineker's personal
performance, Tottenham finished this final pre-
Premier League season in 15th place.

perhaps if he had agreed to sign for Ferguson in 1989 he would have played a little longer and won more titles. But his individual achievement on the field is highly respectable.

I MAY BE WRONG BUT I THINK HE IS AN UNSONG GREAT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2015
nyabinghi:
maybe you need to read the posts all over. I used different players as examples, lesser players have won trophies, great players didn't win, I asked if those great players should be called shyte since they didn't win such. For example emenike won afcon, drogba didn't. Kantogo won afcon, kanu didnt
Maybe you need to go and upgrade your 3rd class degree.

I'm ashamed to be an alumnus from the same university as you.

You an irretreivable dullard if you are bringing Kanu, Emenike, Katongo and whoever you are mentioning in a debate along with Messi, Maradona and Pele.

Let the insults begin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2015
StarBoard:

You an irretreivable dullard if you are bringing Kanu, Emenike, Katongo and whoever you are mentioning in a debate along with Messi, Maradona and Pele.

Let the insults begin.

Bro, I dont think it calls for a fight. The arguments have been very civil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

The truth is 99% of all English players are overhyped. The only two English players I saw and was impressed with are Gascoigne and Paul Scholes coincidentally those two are not even talked of enough compared to the other Sunday sunday skill-less players they shout all over.

We know the English in a bid to say dem sef get players start mentioning some 2 left legged players

There is a reason England hasnt made a major final for close to half a century while Germany has produced 4 generations of winners(74/76, 80/82 set, 90/-96 set, 2010-2014 set) since then yet we always hear how all their players are world class and would be all timers everywhere.

Going by that alone if we should do a mash up of Germany and England there shouldnt be any English player in the top 40

FACT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2015
chic2pimp:

I would love to see that list of yours. Oya name them!

Any mash up of the top 40 players to have represented both countries that does not have a single English player is a fraudulent one.

How would any English player make Top 40? When in Dayo's eyes people like Littbarski, Hrubesh and Augenthaler would make it before Charlton,Greaves and Moore respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:36am On Jul 08, 2015
nyabinghi:
drogba and weah are nobodies in football according to mr. Coogar, messi won more trophies in football than maradona can ever dream of, messi scored more goals than mr. Maradona for the albiceleste, messi is an olympian while mr. Maradona isn't.meSsi thrived in barcelona while maradona flopped big time there. Messi never used drugs but mr. Maradona did, messi never shot journalists but mr. Maradona did, messi is greater than maradona

messi won more trophies because of the club he plays for. how come guardiola is finding it difficult to replicate his success at bayern munich? this is exactly why the argument came up in the first place - messi has been below par anytime he's not wearing the barca shirt.

this is messi's 11th season at barcelona, maradona only spent 2 seasons in barcelona. how can you compare their goals based on that? messi is a forward, maradona was an attacking midfielder so goal scoring stats has nothing to do with it.

what maradona achieved for napoli is a more difficult task than what messi has achieved for barca. without messi, barca won the champions league. without maradona, napoli hasn't won a spoon! that's how you gauge the impact both players have made for those 2 clubs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2015
*walks in majestically to the front role with a broad smile holding a cone of ice cream* cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2015
StarBoard:

Let the insults begin.
it is crystal clear that you need a quick and urgent brain surgery, you are a failed homo erectus, you defy logic. I am better than you in all facets of life. You are a disgrace to human race, your mum deserved to be hanged for bringing forth a bastard to the world. You are a stark illiterate, you can't be a great ife priduct because you don't understand what analogy and simple interpolation. Bring, may sango smite you dead if you stop this diatribe, contimue foaming in the mouth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2015
afrodoc2:

How would any English player make Top 40? When in Dayo's eyes people like Littbarski, Hrubesh and Augenthaler would make it before Charlton,Greaves and Moore respectively.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You no well o grin grin.

Was actually waiting to see if He'll include Sabine Lisicki in that list.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2015
elampiro:

Bro, I dont think it calls for a fight. The arguments have been very civil.
leave the school drop out let him bring it on. Not in his wild dreams will he match my intelligence and academic certs. His IQ is lower than that of a billy goat. I am not shocked starboard is a product of rape.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 08, 2015
nyabinghi:
it is crystal clear that you need a quick and urgent brain surgery, you are a failed homo erectus, you defy logic. I am better than you in all facets of life. You are a disgrace to human race, your mum deserved to be hanged for bringing forth a bastard to the world. You are a stark illiterate, you can't be a great ife priduct because you don't understand what analogy and simple interpolation. Bring, may sango smite you dead if you stop this diatribe, contimue foaming in the mouth
Stale.
You keep recycling the same nonsense.

Tell us how George Weah and Emenike landed in the same argument with Messi and Maradona instead of wan.king on the net with weak monologues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2015
StarBoard:

Stale.
You keep recycling the same nonsense.
Tell us how George Weah and Emenike landed in the same argument with Messi and Maradona instead of wan.king on the net with weak monologues.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Nyabinghi why is it so easy to wind you up?
Especially when your anger seems to make you do some irrational things.

You need to chill out a bit. If you must respond to disses, make it humorous, don't take it P.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2015
Nihilist:
Nyabinghi why is it so easy to wind you up?
Especially when your anger seems to make you do some irrational things.

You need to chill out a bit. If you must respond to disses, make it humorous, don't take it P.

I tire for the man oh... he has brought school certificate into the matter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2015
nyabinghi:
leave the school drop out let him bring it on. Not in his wild dreams will he match my intelligence and academic certs. His IQ is lower than that of a billy goat. I am not shocked starboard is a product of rape.
My IQ is low, maybe.
But you the hypocrite that brought Emenike into an argument featuring the biggest names in the history of football seriously needs his graduating grade reviewed.

I wonder who you slept with to gain admission in to the university.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2015
dopeJemi:

I tire for the man oh... he has brought school certificate into the matter
Which certificate?
3rd class honours after an extra session?
PG diplomas in nondescript institutions?

Very soon, we'll start seeing pictures that we all don't need to see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Onkoolos and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.