Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8840711 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:18am On Sep 07, 2015
Nihilist:

But Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Schurrle, Per, Podolski etc all came EPL though...even your rubbish Boa-Stank
Schweini was already spent before he came while Per Schurrle and Podudski are mere bench warmers for the mannshaft

Looks like Germany sends their duds over there and keep the cream at home
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:20am On Sep 07, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Actually, you are wrong, it matters to millions of people, people way better and non-sentimental unlike you who have refused to see the brighter life of the EPL, without the EPL, life will be too boring for billions of this world population.

We could care less about the Bundesliga smileysmileysmiley

That's because there are lots of people like you in the world. Or why do you think WWF is a popular sport?

It's because of people like you. Enjoy being the 3rd best league in Europe soon to be 4th
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Pataki:

LOL! I laff. Your useless team in that BurnThisLeagueDown conceeded the fastest goal to a team that would barely make it to the Championship side in England this season.

EPL is shitt, yet a player like Bendtner will continually be a living terror to your useless team in that useless league you support.

Didinrin e n'tole walai!

Epl is shitt that's why it's 3rd in uefa rankings
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 1:04am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

I'm not surprised at your submission. Anyone who followed Henry's career and not just depend on tales from mouth to mouth would come to the same conclusions

For DD vs Henry, read Mboma vs Eto

Although Eto is clearly the better and more highly lauded player, those who watched Cameroun from late 90s to early 2000s will tell you that you cannot compare his contribution to Patrick Mbomas who was the lynchpin of that Cameroun side that won 2 AFCONS and Olympics
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 1:25am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

That's because there are lots of people like you in the world. Or why do you think WWF is a popular sport?

It's because of people like you. Enjoy being the 3rd best league in Europe soon to be 4th

Ur league is boring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:40am On Sep 07, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Ur league is boring.

Uefa says it's a better league than epl.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 1:44am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Uefa says it's a better league than epl.
Still doesn't change the facts that's its mind-numbing tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:45am On Sep 07, 2015
Ibime:

For DD vs Henry, read Mboma vs Eto

Although Eto is clearly the better and more highly lauded player, those who watched Cameroun from late 90s to early 2000s will tell you that you cannot compare his contribution to Patrick Mbomas who was the lynchpin of that Cameroun side that won 2 AFCONS and Olympics

Etoo actually delivered in key games for Cameron even he wasn't the key man. Wasn't he the one who dragged Oliseh on the floor to score the first goal in 2000 and he also delivered in key games at the Olympic wins plus the 2006 2009 CL finals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:46am On Sep 07, 2015
Pataki:

How many games has Depay played in the EPL now for ManU coupled with a full preseason with Manure? Yet some manure fans will tell us he is still adapting. Even an adapter that fails to do its electrical work is regarded as a fake product.

How did I miss this punch line on a sunday night?. grin grin grin Where is coogar ? I think it's high-time man utd looked towards a YOUNG player Ashley young, rather than a depay claiming young ronaldo while he has been ineffective like an old man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:48am On Sep 07, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Still doesn't change the facts that's its mind-numbing tongue

Some look for a tactical game not just mindless running kick and follow. Some people like you thought Barcelona played boring tiki taka but they delivered multiple titles plus world cup and euros

that's why epl players don't excel at the world cup or any international competition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 1:56am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Some look for a tactical game not just mindless running kick and follow. Some people like you thought Barcelona played boring tiki taka but they delivered multiple titles plus world cup and euros

that's why epl players don't excel at the world cup or any international competition

Contrary to ur opinion, I enjoy Barca's style of play, when I say Bundesliga is boring, I expect you to know what I mean.

Well, some of us cant wait to see how the league's reps will fair in Europe this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:07am On Sep 07, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Contrary to ur opinion, I enjoy Barca's style of play, when I say Bundesliga is boring, I expect you to know what I mean.
Well, some of us cant wait to see how the league's reps will fair in Europe this season.

I'm sure most people with an eye for tactical football would enjoy watching the football from world cup winners vs the jesters in the epl

How they would fare this season?
They would fare like they've been faring. By ending of August 2 epl teams have been knocked out of Europe.

In the CL, barca Madrid and bayern would choose the winner among themselves while epl teams make up the numbers as usual and get disgraced out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:08am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Schurrle and Podudski are mere bench warmers for the mannshaft

Looks like Germany sends their duds over there and keep the cream at home

Schurrle bench warmer at Leverkusen too, right? You cant stop lying. Iro lo ma pa e. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:12am On Sep 07, 2015
airmark:

Schurrle bench warmer at Leverkusen too, right? You cant stop lying. Iro lo ma pa e. grin grin grin

Mumu shey na Leverkusen be mannshaft?

Schurrle is a bench warmer for the national team and currently at Wolfsburg.

You don't know much anyways I won't be surprised if na foolishness kill you

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Mumu shey na Leverkusen be mannshaft?

Schurrle is a bench warmer for the national team and currently at Wolfsburg.

You don't know much anyways I'm not surprised

Ode, I knew you dubiously used german team to paint him bad, that was why I said 'bench warmer at Leverkusen too'. A player that has always been used as a substitute in german team because he was seen as a rookie, until they later gave him that jersey number 9 because of his immense contributions in euro 2012 qualification despite playing for Leverkusen. He might be starting from bench, because he was being used as a joker then. He was a fantastic player that time and scored couple of goals for german team, not a poor player as you wanted us to believe. Oniro oshi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:26am On Sep 07, 2015
airmark:

Ode, I knew you dubiously used german team to paint him bad, that was why I said 'bench warmer at Leverkusen too'. A player that has always been used as a substitute in german team because he was seen as a rookie, until they later gave him that jersey number 9 because of his immense contributions in euro 2012 qualification despite playing for Leverkusen. He might be starting from bench, because he was being used as a joker then. He was a fantastic player, not a poor player as you wanted us to believe. Oniro oshi

He's a bench warmer for national team and Wolfsburg

Is he younger than the players starting
Schurrle is currently 25
At his age muller boateng Schweini everyone were already starters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:29am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

He's a bench warmer for national team and Wolfsburg

Is he younger than the players starting

You were referring to his pre-Chelsea career being sh1tty. Stop bringing Wolfsburg bullsh1t.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:41am On Sep 07, 2015
airmark:

You were referring to his pre-Chelsea career being sh1tty. Stop bringing Wolfsburg bullsh1t.

Every time in his career till now he has been a bench warmer for the national team just like Podudski
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:29am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Every time in his career till now he has been a bench warmer for the national team just like Podudski
Podolski played major minutes for germany na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 3:32am On Sep 07, 2015
SailorXY:
Nonsense!

Na so e dey pain u... grin tongue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

I'm sure most people with an eye for tactical football would enjoy watching the football from world cup winners vs the jesters in the epl

How they would fare this season?
They would fare like they've been faring. By ending of August 2 epl teams have been knocked out of Europe.

In the CL, barca Madrid and bayern would choose the winner among themselves while epl teams make up the numbers as usual and get disgraced out

I was actually talking bout Wolfsburg, Bayer and Bayern (without Robbery)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:54am On Sep 07, 2015
tess1:

What i am saying is that mostly he has always been one of the front two since he has been playing for England. Yes, he has also been played in other positions but not really as much as you have said it because England have always had better players that can play in the attacking midfield positions

I am not saying that he doesn't deserve the praises for the achievement of reaching that goal mark. What i don't agree with is the way you said he played mostly in other positions than in the striking position. I believe Rooney has always been there in the striking position for England in over 95% of games he has played. The two strikers playing always have equal opportunities to score goals and the injury problem is not peculiar to him alone.

Injuries have been a unfair to Rooney. It is usually so for players who play at high tempo with energy. The reason he had bad injuries when he was young.

His injury against Chelsea in 2006 ruled him out for 6 weeks, which meant he ought not to return to football until quarter or semi finals of the world cup. But England couldn't do without him so they packaged him into the squad.

He also never recovered from the injury he suffered in Munich in 2010, and was said to have aggravated it playing games half fit for Man United in the push for a fourth successive EPL title.

In Euro 2012 he was suspended in the first two matches.

As for using two strikers, I don't think you watched England. In Euro 2012 Carol was the most advanced striker with Welbeck as a support. I also remember Defoe played more advanced than Rooney in the past. Although in 2010 world cup, Rooney was used as a real co-striker by Capello, instead of the usual support striker.

As for Euro 2012, again I almost was asking if Rooney was a midfielder on his return.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2015
tess1:

The way i understand the system they are playing is that there is no particular lead striker when they play with front two. The two front men in 442 diamond formation have equal opportunity and they work for each other.

They also play 433 formation where Rooney is the main striker in the front three.

The only time I have seen Rooney really played as a co-striker for England was under Capello (Co strikers like Cole and Yorke) . It's one reason Capello usually lost the midfield battle. I also think Capello is responsible for Rooney's change of game which ultimately led to his laziness.

As for 4-3-3, Rooney also played on the left in that system. He also played on the left of 4-2-3-1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:19am On Sep 07, 2015
coded01:

Na so e dey pain u... grin tongue grin
What you wrote actually made no sense. No offense!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:54am On Sep 07, 2015
Tess1,

Formation experiments

Something similar can be said about Hodgson’s favoured system. While undeniably a natural 4-4-2 man, Hodgson made a deliberate effort to move away from that system throughout qualifying. In half of the ten qualifiers, England played a midfielder (Jack Wilshere or Tom Cleverley), as the number ten, ensuring it wasn’t a 4-4-2, but a 4-2-3-1. In the other half, Wayne Rooney played deep enough to suggest it was a continuation of that system. In March’s 1-0 friendly victory over Denmark, England played a 4-3-3, with Rooney and Daniel Sturridge taking it in turns to play on the flanks. England have hardly played 4-4-2 in the last couple of years.
That experiment with a 4-3-3 was unquestionably an attempt to replicate the system Liverpool were using, and featured five Liverpool outfielders, including four of the front six. Rooney was essentially the Luis Suarez figure, with Jack Wilshere as Coutinho. Steven Gerrard sat deep in his new-found holding role, Jordan Henderson provided the energy, while Sterling and Sturridge played in the front three. Liverpool might have failed to win the Premier League title in dramatic circumstances, but they still enjoyed a fantastic campaign, and Hodgson was right to try that shape in an attempt to bring some of Liverpool’s sparkling attacking football to the national team. (That, of course, is ironic considering he was highly unpopular as Liverpool coach due to lack of success and an unpopular defensive style.)
The 4-3-3 didn’t quite work, though, because neither Rooney nor Sturridge are best out wide, and also because Gerrard remains something of a worry in that very deep role. It was a worthwhile experiment, but Hodgson has instead moved back to the 4-2-3-1. Gerrard will now have a midfield partner, probably Jordan Henderson, with two standard wide players and Rooney just behind Sturridge.
Rooney issue

Rooney retains his place because theoretically he offers moments of magic, but there’s increasingly a sense he causes problems in terms of structure. He can play too high up in the number ten position – which, of course, risks turning the 4-2-3-1 into a 4-4-2, which was precisely what happened at World Cup 2010.

Zonal Marking.

I am sure I watch 80% of England matches, Rooney was number 10 in the qualifying matches to 2014 world cup which is exactly explained above. In the world cup, Rooney started two matches. He played against Italy in the wing and played as an Attacking Midfielder against Uruguay.

If you go back to pre-Capello era, you would find a similar pattern. So it's logical to conclude that Rooney has played more as a number 10 for England. Capello was the one who played him as a Co striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:03am On Sep 07, 2015
Even Capello changed to 4-4-1-1 after 2010 world cup.

00:00, 5 SEPTEMBER 2010

England coach Fabio Capello tested out a new 4-4-1-1 formation that saw Defoe spend much of the game as a lone striker while Rooney dropped deep to provide the link from midfield.

It worked with devastating affect as he had a hand in all four goals, and Defoe is now urging the Three Lions’ management team to stick with the format.

But after the nightmare of South Africa, where Capello struggled to figure out his strongest line-up, Defoe has given him a nudge in the right direction.

Defoe said: “A lot happened during the summer and there was pressure on us ahead of this game – but you have to try and forget it.

“What happened at the World Cup has been there at the back of the mind, but the way we played against Bulgaria was brilliant.

“The system changed a little bit. I was up front on my own and Wayne was just behind so he could get on the ball and affect the game – and hereally did that.

“I don’t think I have started that many games with Wayne. And the more games you start together the better a partnership becomes.
“When Martin Jol was manager at Spurs I didn’t play with Robbie Keane that much and it was difficult – but then you start to play with a partner and it all comes together.

“On Friday night everything just seemed to click. Before games I have just been focusing on my movement. It feels right, and I’m getting inpositions where I’m going to score.

“I’ve always said I believe I’ll score. In this game every time I moved my team-mates seemed to find me and I was ­finishing it off. “I know Wayne will always pick out my runs.

“I’ll get lots of chances whenever I play in this team – and I’m confident I’ll take them.”

Defoe has scored 15 goals from his 44international caps and should hit his peak over the next four years. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/jermain-defoe-me-and-wayne-rooney-1691834
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2015
SailorXY:
What you wrote actually made no sense. No offense!

Man Utd should win a trophy 1st... tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2015
Why Wayne Rooney, England’s most chastised player, deserves a cheer.

Friday 4 September 2015 16.46 BST

... he is England's all-time top scorer in qualifying games ...(he) gets his (national team) goals at the same rate as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and (almost as) Zlatan Ibrahimovic. And now here comes the record. Remind me. Why aren’t we cheering this a little more?

.... Let’s be clear about this, Rooney deserves that record. Don’t believe what they tell you. These have been decent, proper, respectable goals, with only seven against real makeweights – Liechtenstein, Andorra and San Marino – and 14 in friendlies, compared with 26 out of 48 for Gary Lineker and 22 of 49 for Charlton. In a time of shrinking horizons Rooney remains England’s master of the possible, king of the awkward October qualifier in a team for whom seeing off some tricky Balkan middleweight represents a moment of actual, achievable success.

..... here is a brief recap of every other striker given a game in the years since Rooney made his debut, a roll call that goes Defoe-Crouch-Bent-Nugent-Ashton-Agbonlahor-Cole (Carlton)-Zamora-Davies-Carroll-Bothroyd-Welbeck-Sturridge-Campbell (Frazier)-Lambert-Rodriguez-Kane-Vardy. Between them these 18 Wayne-damaged alternatives have scored 71 goals in 200 games, 41 of them from Crouch and Defoe. But, you know, if Wayne hadn’t been there. Well. Who knows?

Perhaps part of the antipathy may even be down to something as simple as Rooney’s slightly unfortunate TV close-up face, the dominant image of any England tournament defeat these days. England miss an easy chance; cut to Wayne looking angry, slot-mouthed, spam-faced, sad, knackered, sullen and generally like he’s deliberately not winning. He’s not really any of these things. In the flesh you notice that he runs and chivvies constantly and is – let’s be clear on this – a muscular athlete with a well-toned physique. If only he could look urgent and darkly heroic when England are losing, as David Beckham always did, haring about like some brilliantly handsome fireman with a soot-stained puppy under each arm.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/04/wayne-rooney-england-cheer-bobby-charlton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2015
*Yawns*
Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:04am On Sep 07, 2015
A lot of shameless scummies out here on this Depay matter.... After several games without anything meaningful to show for or match the hype that heralded his arrival, all we are seeing and hearing are bloody ridiculous excuses!
We are waiting......... The jury would be out soon again!!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Are you also waiting for messi iniesta muller Zidane Maldini Raul Nesta etc to also come to the epl

Epl is shitt and only matters to people like you

EPL is shitt..... Your insanity is of ginormous proportions!
I give up.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2015
grin

"Hazard? He was the worst tonight. I thought about substituting him, but in the last 10 minutes he always the ability to do that. At the World Cup, this was the case. I obviously expect more from him, but I'm hoping he will grow as the season progresses"......Marc Wilmots (belgian manager)

Abeg "shekpe blues fans" should remove the spear from their eye sockets before coming to look for nails in ours! LOL!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: odizeey(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.